Size: 120ml Normal NeckColour: Three Pieces SetChange

on 9 June 2014
Love these bottles just don't feel the need to get the smaller bottles. I did purchase them but only used for around 3-4 weeks. I would just skip the smaller ones and purchase the big bottles. Saves money. This is what I will do for my next baby.

Pros- Great bottles really help with wind.
Cons- they leak and let water in when cooling down with water in sink* little lids to stop this are provided mind you, great if you remember in the preperation on those night time feeds.
Everything else perfect. Thankyou Dr Brown.
on 28 May 2013
So far I'm not impressed as I have just received a bottle, which of course is different in design from standard bottles, and the 'full instructions provided' which are advertised at the top of the page are actually in German & some French, but no English, and the same for all the information, advice & guidelines on the packaging other than a couple of words below a logo. Maybe this is why these apparently European versions can be offered cheap here in England. I assume this bottle is suitable for a newborn, but I need to brush up on my German first. The bottle size is also massive because the bottle isnt just the 240ml advertised. There is a significant volume above that marker on the bottle with a warning not to fill above that line to avoid leaks. The Tommee Tippee 240ml bottles I ordered at the same time are much smaller as they don't waste a large amount of space/volume above the 240ml capacity i.e. they are simply 240ml bottles as you'd expect.

I will update this review & rating further when I test the bottle out, but not a great start.

Edit: Amazon said there was an error at their despatch centre and an English version is apparently now in the post. The comments re the size remain. (NB See below re the replacement!)_

Edit 2: Amazingly the 'English' replacement they've sent out is also entirely in German & French. One side of the instructions is in the former language and the other French. No instructions, warnings etc on the box are in English either. I've now given up, and if Amazon can't fulfil as described then they should make this sales page clearer re the fact you get non-english product. I went and got the product offline to test it, and it should definitely come with an English language box and instructions as the one I bought offline did.

Edit 3: Leaking makes these bottles practically unusable. No matter how tightly you screw the lid on milk just builds up inside and gradually drips out. Then when you try and screw the lid on again just in case it wasnt done properly then the milk that's built up inside simply pours all over you. Then even after you think you've fixed the issue, used the bottle and put it back on the table, you'll see it's been sitting in a pool of milk from subsequent leaks. None of these leaks are because the bottle has too much milk in it, because given our baby's age we never fill it with more than 100ml. The surface area around the sticking out teet is also too small IMO. The Tommee Tippee bottles are soo much better in every way. They're much smaller but can take the same volume of milk as described above, the surface area around the teet is larger more like a breast so the baby took to it much better, the bottle is easier to clean & put together since it contains fewer parts, and helped our baby's wind issue better than this bottle which we wont use now.
on 19 October 2013
Firstly I would say to buy the larger bottles as you only need the small bottles for such a short time. I tried so many different bottles (Avent, Tommee Tippee, Medela and Boots to name a few) until I was recommended Dr Browns by a friend. I wish I had just tried them fro m the start.

My daughter had bad wind and with other bottles you could see the air bubbles in the milk so I knew after the feed that she would be in pain. With its unique system Dr Browns stops this and after the FIRST use my daughter had dramatically improved and was not in pain after feeding. I was amazed!

Yes the parts can be fiddly to clean but you get used to it and it is worth it. I was able to use a Tommee Tippee electric steriliser for sterilising (you just need to stack the tubes inside the bottle and the teat pieces on top of each other and then it all fits).

Yes they can be leaky but I got round this by buying the screw on lids and putting those on to shake the bottle and also not over filling it.

One downside is the numbers on the side are very hard to read. I found the USA Dr Browns bottles (different packaging for the USA market) were better as they had dark blue markings that were easier to read.
on 7 July 2015
Bought this bottle in the hope that it would help baby with his wind. Whilst it could be a coincidence, it seems to have worked.
Our baby was constantly suffering from trapped wind, we tried all sorts of methods. Winding, Infacol, bathing him....nothing seemed to work.
After using these bottles, it certainly seemed to help. His wind troubles eased off slightly and he seemed to settle better at night.
It could be that the Infacol kicked in and helped but I do think these bottles contributed.
Whilst it won't work for everyone, I'm very happy that we gave it a try! I'd recommend these to any parents out there.
The only issues are the price, they're pretty expensive for 1 bottle and the fact that I can't 100% prove that it really does work.

Overall, I think these bottles are worth trying for any parents who have a poor baby suffering from deep trapped wind.
on 20 June 2014
We tried every bottle going when trying to coax our 3 month old in to the bottle. He refused all except this one. So we immediately bought 3. Fantastic bottle.
on 25 July 2015
Dr Browns bottles have been amazing, wish I had gone for these straight away rather than trying other brands. My baby had severe colic and is on comfort thicker milk so had to buy level 3 teats. At first i thought this was too fast but after a bit of getting used to it they are perfect and his colic has much improved. Already recommended. Bought a single to try and this is excellent for that as dr browns bottles are expensive but def an investment if your baby has colic. Delivered quickly.
on 1 August 2013
Always recommend these bottles helped so much wuth my daughtera colic although can be fiddly and a pain to clean and sterilise!
on 3 August 2015
My son has really taken to this bottle and brings his wind up really well after feeding with it. His colicy symptoms have definitely been improved and settles well after feeds. The bad points about this bottle is; it's HUGE with unessacary space above the fill line, you can't shake it because it explodes everywhere and it's very hard to read measurements! Overall it does the job I intended it to do!
on 6 October 2013
These bottles have been a godsend to me - no colic nothing - my little one has Down Syndrome and was advised this was the best bottle for them - My best friend also told me they were the best to stop baby getting colic and have to agree both advice was right - great bottle and good value for money.
on 20 May 2013
I got these bottles for my newborn, as I had heard they were fantastic for bringing up wind. However I do not believe they are any better than other leading brands in bottles. Leaking is an issue!