Size: One Size|Change

I have just purchased a third titanium Spork because my son always uses mine where possible - for his cereal, soup, whatever - and not just when we are camping or having a picnic. We bought him a colourful red plastic one (which he did ask for) and later bought ourselves the titanium version. All I can say is if you like the idea of a Spork, don't buy a plastic one. The titanium is in its own league and well worth the extra outlay. The plastic one hasn't broken or anything but it feels a lot flimsier and is bendier, so it just doesn't feel as good in the hand. Our son never uses his if he can borrow my titanium one.

We like to go for walks in cold weather and have hot and cold picnics but we all like different things. I think we have it sussed now. We have a Jetboil Classic Personal Cooking System, various sachets of instant coffee, hot chocolate, tea, soup etc, some bread and cheese or whatever, our Sporks and the non-stick JetBoil spoon/spatula set plus a set of double-wall steel mugs (which I'd like to change to the titanium ones one of these days because the colour scrapes off the metal ones). It all fits in a small daypack. We boil up water in the JetBoil and then each have our own drink/soup and sandwich combo. The Sporks are ideal for this kind of meal - for spreading stuff on bread and eating soup. But don't store the titanium Sporks in the Jetboil or use them to stir the contents in case you scratch the inside of your precious JetBoil.
on 27 January 2010
I've always relied on just a spoon for backpacking, when titanium arrived on the scene I ditched my stainless steel. Now I've ditched the titanium spoon(s) for the Spork, still easy to clean, light, taste and odour free - I can't think of a reason not to own on. Even if all you want is a spoon for a train journey yoghurt or fast tuna meal anywhere. Note: serrated edge to fork end capable of dealing with a substantial cornish pasty....
on 15 September 2009
Another excellent product from Light My Fire - the original very-useful Spork just got better by being made in Titanium. Carry mine everywhere as it weighs next-to-nothing. Thoroughly recommend it.
on 19 November 2010
I got one of these today as I was not happy with the £2 plastic version. The plastic one bends,and is difficult when spearing food. I did have a prob with the plastic one , one of the tines broke - just like in the videos on the net.The metal one is solid.

As it was delivered,the serrated edge was blunt,but a touch up with a triangular file gets it pretty sharp (enough to cut food like a serrated table knife). Detail and finish are first class.
on 25 October 2010
Well, it does everything a spoon is supposed to do! Oh, and a knife and fork too. It feels like it weights no more than a feather. The quality also seems to be very good. The usefulness of this item goes far beyond simply being useful when camping! Ever gone into a shop wanting to buy some yogurt to eat on-the-go? The containers usually do not come with spoons, with the possible exception of the containers that are twice as expensive just because they provide a small plastic spoon to go along with it. The solution is of course Light My Fire Spork! Just keep it in your daypack and it will come in handy.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 24 September 2010
Titanium version of the classic Spork weighs next to nothing yet is extemely strong. The picture on Amazon looks like the spork is matt-finished all over, whereas only the centre part is and the ends are polished. Easy to hold, easy to clean, and my only reservation would be as another reviewer has already alluded to - this easily makes it onto the must-have list of 'shiny things', so keep it safe !
on 1 February 2010
Excellent, just right for my father and neighbour whom have only use of one hand.
will highly recommend this item.
I'm most certainly a discerning customer as stated in the product description and I make no secret of my love of high quality products as you'll see from my reviews in general. This product is especially suited to my particularly high-end tastes. Its beautifully crafted from wonderful titanium but is in the exact same design as the original spork.

Its lightweight, strong, easy to carry (easy to lose too if itchy fingers spot it unattended, that's how I lost my last one!) and particularly invaluable to me. Great for all food and the fact that I only have to carry this in my backpack instead of a fork, knife and spoon is just great!

I love that's it made from titanium - because of this its also taste and odour free.

I wouldn't be without mine!

RECOMMENDED!
on 25 January 2014
Good quality utensil, my only whinge is that the surface is not a soft polished shiny finish but more of a 'brushed' finish, doesn't feel that nice when you use the spoon.
Otherwise, fantastic idea and very useful.
on 25 February 2010
Unlike other titanium sporks, which have a spoon bowl with tines (neither fish nor fowl), the Light My Fire product has a proper spoon at one end and a proper fork at the other. For me, this makes for a much more useable utensil, which justifies the slightly greater cost over the more common sort. It is comfortable in the hand, lightweight, strong, and makes a perfect partner to a No. 8 Opinel knife for field dining.Light My Fire Spork Titanium