5.0 out of 5 stars Can be used on CATS....
I bought this product after reading GrumpyZ0mbie's review about being able to use this product on cats too. It's GENIUS!!!! thank you so much GrumpyZ0mbie you have saved me a fortune!!!!

I waited a good 2 months before I left a review on here as I wanted to fully test the product out. Each pipette contains 4ml. This is enough to treat TEN small cats...
Published 6 months ago by LauraC

3.0 out of 5 stars No lungworm protection.
There is no lungworm protection with Advantage, which Advocate spot on does offer, so will be buying Advocate Spot On in future.
Published on 27 Feb. 2013 by Lennox

5.0 out of 5 stars Can be used on CATS...., 3 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Advantage 400 Spot-On Solution for Dogs (25 - 40kg) (Misc.)

I waited a good 2 months before I left a review on here as I wanted to fully test the product out. Each pipette contains 4ml. This is enough to treat TEN small cats!

The first pipette: I treated all three cats (two received 0.4ml doses each and one received a 0.8ml dose) I used a 1ml syringe (without the needle) to measure and apply the product, and I must say it makes application a tonne easier too.
ALL THE FLEAS DIED!!! mwahahaha.

I then stored the leftover product from the first pipette in an air tight container and put it in a dark place. One month later I treated all three cats again with the same doses, and still not a flea in sight, the product didn't 'go off' and it won't do either, AND I still have 0.8ml left over, which I can either use on my big cat (0.8ml) or split between my two smaller cats (0.4ml each) and this is just the first pipette, I have three left!!!

I must stress how deadly important it is that you only do this with ADVANTAGE and NOT ADVANTIX as ADVANTIX is deadly to cats.

And finally, for all the doubters etc, my cats are my world, I love them more than humans and I would never do anything to jeopardise their lives. Just don't be an idiot and put the entire pipette on your cat! measure the correct dosage out and job's a good un'! If you want further information type 'Lisa Violet Advantage' into Google, and click the first link, and also feel free to ask me any questions.

Dosage is as follows:
Cats that weigh up to 9 pounds - 0.4ml
Cats that weigh 10 pounds or over - 0.8ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Large dog owner, 5 July 2012
I have used frontline for years but it no longer seems to work. Tried Advantage, what an improvement would recomend to frontline users as an alternative. I now have two flea free dogs.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have cats - why am I here?, 23 Jan. 2013
A little known fact, I guess, is that all the different sizes of the Advantage product, Advantage 40, 80, 100, 250 and 400 actually contain exactly the same active ingredients : Imidacloprid (9.1%), Pyriproxyfen (0.46%) Other ingredients (90.44%).

With the help of an old teaspoon and some 1ml needless syringes Shesto Pack of 3 x 1ml Syringes to measure out and administer the correct dose, this "dog" product can be used as an exceptionally economical way of treating fleas on cats too. The pipettes reseal perfectly well after use and as long as the cap is replaced and the product stored in a dark, dry environment, the active ingredients do not "go off" once the pipette has been opened.

As for the product itself, I cannot recommend it highly enough. I had used Frontline for years, but it didn't seem to be all that effective in the last couple of years. Both cats scratched frantically and often, and one of them had scabs and a patch of angry-looking skin which never seemed to heal. The transformation to my cats coats and skin since using Advantage has been remarkable... and not one flea seen since switching 4 months ago.

In summary, flea free cats (x2) for around 65 pence per month!

UPDATE - BEYER HAVE NOW GOT A NEW VERSION OF THIS PRODUCT RANGE AVAILABLE NOW CALLED "ADVANTAGE II". I'VE LOOKED AT THEIR WEBSITE AND THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE OLD AND NEW PRODUCTS IS THAT THEY HAVE NOW ADDED AN INSECT GROWTH REGULATOR, PYRPROXYFEN, TO THE FORMULA FOR THE RANGE OF ADVANTAGE II. IT LOOKS LIKE THE FORMULAS ACROSS THE RANGE ARE, AS BEFORE, IDENTICAL, ONLY DIFFERING IN SIZE (AND THEREFORE, VALUE FOR MONEY), BUT PLEASE, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH BEFORE USING THIS NEWER VERSION OF THE "DOG" PRODUCT ON A CAT OR RABBIT. THEIR WEBSITE IS [...].

5.0 out of 5 stars STOP PAYING VETS CONSULTATION FEES WHEN ADVANTAGE REALLY DOES KILL FLEES, 26 Oct. 2013
ADVANTAGE IS WITHOUT DOUBT THE BEST FLEA TREATMENT THAT CAN BE PURCHASED WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION...
It does exactly what its supposed to do - it treats fleas to death!!
It hasn't been diluted!! Unlike front-line which was excellent until they watered it down and the fleas became immune to it!
However this is an old product and the same company has introduced 'Advocate' their best product.

Advocate is not just for fleas is an ideal product offering
- heartworm prevention,
- flea treatment and prevention of flea infestations,
- control of biting lice
- gastrointestinal worm control including several
larval stages and French heartworm treatment
- control of sarcoptic mange
- control of ear mites,
- treatment of Demodex mites
The only worm that it does not treat is Lung Worm, it is quite a bit more expensive but it probably save a whole load too.

DONT EVER BUY THE CHEAPY PET SHOP FLEA TREATMENTS
such as johnsons belfa or any supermarket product. Why??? By law they are not allowed to sell anything that is strong enough to kills and repel fleas!!! Where did i learn all this knowledge? From working as an veterinary assistant!!

When you take your pets to the vet they will charge you aprox £25+ (depending on where you live) before you even see them. Most vets will insist you come in for an appointment where they'll do the annual health checks, weighing, worming and defleaing vaccinated Boosters... BIGGEST CON EVER!! ONCE your dog or cat has been vaccinated that's it however Black and Tan dogs are more prone to catching parvovirus its advisable to have one booster!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 21 April 2015
I started using Advantage after my cat had an allergic reaction to both Stronghold, and Advocate. I spoke to my vets when I was getting my animals wormers, they said that Advantage used to only be licenced for vets, has since got a licence for more commercial sales. One of the vetinary nurses uses Advantage. I have been using this product for around 2 years, I have 5 cats (4 are under 4kg, for those I use a small cat pack. I need a Large cat one for my fifth, who is over 4kg). I also have a Large dog (30kg), and a small dog (8kg). I use various different Advantage treatments due to the size requirements. Haven't seen a flea, been bitten, or found flea dirt, since using. I am VERY strict on fleas, I check each of my 7 furries weekly, very thoroughly, with a flea comb. Never found anything. Would definitely recommend, I also recommend to other dog owners I meet. ***REMEMBER.*** This product does not cover fleas, it is important to deflea your pets every 1-3 months with a vet recommended multiwomer. Please try to avoid pet shop wormers. As far as flea treatment goes, I am very happy with Advantage, my vets are happy with me using Advantage (as I said, a vetinary nurse also uses this). I do recommend :-).

5.0 out of 5 stars I tried this and it did a fantastic job. Dog was flealess once more within a ..., 8 Mar. 2015
When Frontline stopped working and I didn't want to have to go into the vet to get Advocate, I tried this and it did a fantastic job. Dog was flealess once more within a couple of days, and unlike many spot-on treatments where you can't pet the dog for ages afterwards, this one is safe to stroke them again once it's dry. It seems to keep working through several baths, too. Think I'll stick with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars CHOOSE ADVANTAGE NOT FRONTLINE!!, 26 Sept. 2013
It is now proven...finally...that fleas build up a resistance Frontline! Shame they couldn't tell us unfortunate souls earlier...rather that blaming us for flea infestations by saying we weren't using the product properly!! Also it's just too expensive for something now that is unlikely to work.
This product...Advantage...on the other hand, is unbelievable! You would be right to speculate whether this works if Frontline doesn't. But coming from someone who has suffered years of infestations and tried EVERYTHING...no..seriously...everything!! This product is IT, it's the flea killer you have been looking for. I started using this about 3 months ago and I am now...as well as my cats...completely flea free! Yes, I said cats not dog. Another selling point for Advantage is that it comes in bottled pipettes...meaning they're small like Frontline but have a rounded top, which means it's easier to apply and doesn't drip, but also means it's re-sealable!! And as the dog and cat stuff has the same ingredients, just different strengths, you can save money by buying the large dog solution for your cats or small animals and just re-seal it after you've used it...lasts ages! I bought the large dog solution 3 months ago, I have two cats and a smallish dog, and when I received Advantage I had an infestation...but after treating my three animals and killing the fleas etc, I still have just over two pipettes left. They also come in packs of four rather than three like Frontline. I haven't had to use anything extra or do anymore than this: Apply Advantage, Hoover as I would normally...instead of under every floorboard and inside every ceiling cavity...Wait 24-48 hours, Hoover once more (normally) and voilà! Get back to living your normal life! You can give your animals a bath or brush if you want but I don't normally bother, just let them groom themselves. You'll notice that your cat or dog etc don't scratch anymore or leave "dirt" behind once they get up from where they've been sleeping or anything!
Sorry, I know this is long but you have no idea what I've been through with fleas and to be rid because of this product is awesome! Seriously...I mean what the hell were fleas invented for anyway?! I know everything has it's place, down to flies, who eat crap and spiders that eat the flies etc...but fleas??...no...I come up with nothing, like zilch, not one teeny tiny reason!
Anyway, if you can't get rid of fleas...buy this product...yes it may not work for everyone...but for most it's the business! It's £10...more or less, so what's the harm in trying at least?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a dream., 15 Dec. 2013
Fantastic product, after 24 hours all fleas gone. Have tried other more expensive brands, but this is by far superior!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great,,worked well, 26 Jun. 2013
Horrified that we found fleas in the dog's bed and on the carpet but didn't see them on the dog or see her scratching. However will now be using this product regularly to protect the dog...and us! Easy to use and effective. Good price from here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Dec. 2012
Happy Shopper (FRINTON ON SEA, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
After having my pets suffer with fleas for several years now, and both dogs suffering from a flea allergy, finding Advantage has been a lifeline. The other well known flea product simply wasn't being so effective any longer, I'm not sure if they've changed the formulation or whether fleas are becoming immune, but it wasn't protecting my dogs and cats despite my spraying the entire house with vet recommended sprays and following the instructions to the letter.
Enter Advantage - what can I say beyond wow! Not a single flea - after two treatments I'm keeping it up, but it hardly seems necessary! From 2 or 3 days after the first application I've not seen a single flea - its been wonderful. The other thing I love is that the fleas don't have to bite to die (from what I understand) so the flea allergy dermatitis has cleared up - happy dogs, happy owners!