5.0 out of 5 stars The Right Name.
Published on 22 April 2010 by P. Songhurst

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BUT NOT PERFECT.
I found the trousers were a tight fit, but the full leg zip on each leg means you can put them on even if wearing boots. They are fully waterproof and look smart. Unfortunately recently the zip on the right leg has now jammed on its track at knee level but the press studs mean that the trousers can still provide good waterproof protection.
Published on 12 Aug 2011 by J. Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars The Right Name., 22 April 2010
P. Songhurst "Border Collie Walker" (Sutton-On-Sea) - See all my reviews
Having had a number of "waterproof" overtrousers over the years and been disappointed when in a heavy downpour water seeped throught were the bottom of your waterproof coat met the trousers, this Berghaus DELUGE item certainly lived up to its name when I used them when a cloud burst downpoor caught me when out fen walking. The water was running off me like a waterfall but when I returned home I was totally dry! Would really recommend these to all who likes to keep dry!

4.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof Overtrousers, 27 Mar 2010
John Grant - See all my reviews
Light weight, waterproof, breathable. Happy with product.
I had to buy a size bigger than I would normally wear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Value for money, 27 Jun 2012
D. Fisher (England) - See all my reviews
Purchased the Large-33.

They pack down fairly well; the side zip comes up from the ankle to mid hip so it is possible to access pockets in the trousers/shorts underneath. Second to keeping you dry they are very easy to remove/put-on without the need to take off walking boots, with more than enough space to avoid covering the inside of them in mud from the boots as well.

All in all excellent value for money. If I could change anything on them I'd probably have included a stuff sock for it, side pockets as well... but at sub 50 they do their job well.

While I fit smack in the middle of a 32-34 waist, I had to chose between medium & large; given it is an over trouser and some comments had suggested ensure you go up in size rather than down if borderline I went for the large, these are indeed a perfect fit. The longer leg is also perfect for my height (6' 1"); these have proven durable in the British weather so far for treks, with the leg comfortably sitting over the boot without scuffing the ground.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent item, 1 Oct 2010
BOUGHT THESE FOR MY TRIP TO SNOWDON. WORE THEM IN HEAVY SHOWERS AND UP THE MOUNTAIN. CAME DOWN BONE DRY UNDERNEATH. EXCELLENT ITEM. RECOMMENDED.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, 19 Jan 2010
A bit expensive, but when you have worn them in the snow and wind whilst out with the dog, you then appreciate the quality and comfort that they provide.
Good investment !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Deluge Waterproof Overtrousers, 22 Oct 2010
KAYJAY (Lancashire. UK) - See all my reviews
Fabulous item. Perfect fit + looks great. Ideal for wearing over trousers and keeps water out as well as being an extra layer for keeping your legs warm---high quality as always from Berghaus---beautifully made and I like the strong zips----quality sells.Well worth the extra cost compared to cheaper alternatives that don't stand the test of time or durability. This is my 2nd pair, bought because somebody nicked the other pair. Super fast delivery as always from Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good so far, 5 Dec 2009
Neil Ferguson - See all my reviews
They have been up Snowdon and also used almost daily in the recent bad weather. There is nothing to complain about the quality or the level of its waterproof properties. When used it is worth checking that the sides have been closed by the poppers which cover the side zips. If this is done then they are fully waterproof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tested in harsh conditions, 1 Nov 2012
I use reviews to help me decide on purchases and in the past many of the reviews have not been so acurate so i was not confident how these would perform in reality.

First test i used them over a pair of chinos so you can see if they leak. I went outside in one of the many typhoons we have in japan. after 10 minutes i came back in and completely dry. passed first test!

Second test i rode my motorcycle in the rain, which is the same as being sprayed with a hose pipe. once again after 30 minutes no leaks or water penetration. passed second test.

Third test up in the mountains in heavy rain hiking, had boots with spats on and these trousers over the top. Dry as a bone! Protection wise i can say that my pair are working 100% as promised and advertised.

Usability:

Brilliant, the zip on the leg lets you access pockets and or boots and also lets you take them off so easy with boots on. Also it is useful for airing them to stop them getting moldy or stinky.

Not sure if i was lucky with my particular pair but i am telling the wife to get some next.

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD BUT NOT PERFECT., 12 Aug 2011
J. Harrison "wolves john." (Wolverhampton. England) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars High hopes dashed after 5months, just 20 45 minute cycle rides, 2 Dec 2012
I thought I may finally have found a pair of trousers that would keep me dry when cycling. But having worn them less than 20 times for 45 minute cycling I am starting to get a wet bum.

It is probably due to the friction of cycling weakening the material. I have bought many other pairs of waterproof trousers such as Peter Storm and they have given up even sooner hence the 3 stars.

ARRAY(0xa4aa7e10)