5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfully enjoyable programme
This DVD does actually contain all 4 Christmas and Hogmanay specials that weren't present on any of the series 1-6 DVD's. These are "Cold Turkey", "The Party", "Hootenanny" and "Plum Number". This isn't made very clear on the product information page unfortunately as it suggests just 2 episodes.

Still Game is an absolutely wonderful show in my opinion. Despite...
Published on 3 Nov 2008 by AshW

3.0 out of 5 stars The best & worst of Still Game
This combination shows us about the best that the writers of the long running comedy have to offer, combined with the worst. I think when they wrote the new year episode they must have been suffering badly. The lads take time out from the hustle and bustle of Glasgow to spend the new year in the Highlands. Mena is away in India and this leaves Navid taking in the bells...
Published on 25 Oct 2008 by Kevin Macphail

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderfully enjoyable programme, 3 Nov 2008
AshW (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Still Game: The Christmas and Hogmanay Specials [2007] [DVD] (DVD)

Still Game is an absolutely wonderful show in my opinion. Despite watching every episode from series 1-6 more times than I'd care to mention, I still find myself enjoying them just as much, and still laughing out loud.

This is a great wholesome comedy with a really likeable range of characters, and above all, has some very funny storylines and plots.

These 4 episodes are well worth adding to your DVD collection (as are series 1-6).

It was sad to learn that they'd decided to stop making any new series of the show after series 6 (I'm not sure about plans for any more specials like these).

4.0 out of 5 stars Still Game for the Festive Season, 7 Feb 2009
D. M. Bennett (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
All of the festive Still Game Specials are included on this DVD. Whilst it is great to have them all in the same collection and for Still Game fans to have the whole collection, the standard of the humour is a bit lacking in the most recent ones.
That said the earlier ones are Still Game and Still Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Great, 18 Jun 2009
J. Taylor (England) - See all my reviews
What can I say? Timeless comedy, superbly written to encapsulate the funnier side of life for two pensioners and the excellent support cast, in the less than glossy suburb of Craiglang. The specials are every bit as good as the episodes, which is rare these days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ock Jack, This Is A Wee Gem!, 27 Dec 2010
DL Productions UK (Merseyside, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Still Game's Jack and Victor are back in this special collection of Christmas and New Year episodes which were made after the current series were shown (hence why they're not in the series sets) and include some of the funniest comedy from the pair. Of course, the usual rabble are here, Tam, shrewd, Isa, a gossiper, Navid, my favourite, the shop keeper; Bobby, the barman and Winston, a trouble causer who never fails to make me laugh.

This DVD has 4 episodes written by Ford and Greg for the festive period, and are as funny as the series, and include some funny capers, like memories of 1975, Winston's pet turkey, Navid waving Mina goodbye and Jack and Victor joining the choir.

This is a good set, and finally completes the Still Game series, sadly, which will not have any more episodes due to the pair calling it a day, but still this is great comedy. I like the way they can encompass Glaswegian comedy without going down a rude, or dirty avenue and be suitable for all ages.

Comedy genius, worth a look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Game Christmas and Hogmanay Specials 2007, 11 Mar 2010
A Kid's Review
What Can I say about the Still Game Christmas and Hogmanay Specials 2007, I truly love it.
I am a big fan of Still Game and for me it's another jewel in my collection, I would recommend this to any one, and that includes all us south of the boarder.
You would be fool not to watch it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Cliffhanger to beat them all, 30 May 2009
Tess Gregory "Aggrippina" (London) - See all my reviews
After all this time , and after all the wonderful episodes, we get an inkling into Havid's REAL desires. Isa is now a widow and has, in the past looked for a new partner. But I'm sure she didn't have Navid in mind............not, at least, until the day after the Hogmanay Party at his house. Moving on from that, it was an axcellent idea to show the viewers what all the characters looked like when they were in their thirties.

Altogether an excellent buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Game Xmas Specials, 20 Mar 2009
Michael S. Anderson (Stavanger, Norway) - See all my reviews
An excellent addition to the Still Game Series 1 to 6.
A "Must Buy" for all fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Game You Bet, 13 Mar 2009
Still Game: The Christmas and Hogmanay Specials [2007] [DVD]This DVD completes my collection of this superb and entertaining work. Having been a fan since first watching an episode on TV I had to get the box set of series 1 to 6. But being "male" I didn't buy the set complete with Christmas and Hogmanay Specials so I had to search around to find one. As usual Amazon comes up trumps and the set is complete. I just find the humour, acting and cast brilliant, the scripts make you think a bit. Everyone would know a Jack, Victor, Winston or the unforgetable Ida, in every circumstance they laugh their way out and entertain you along the way. Brilliant entertainment, wish there was another series to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Game and still hilarious!!...., 4 Feb 2009
C. Parks (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Being a Glaswegian, I can totally relate to the humour that Still Game provides. I swear, Isa is a mixture of my Auntie Nancy and my Auntie Betty! Jack, Victor, Winston, Tam and co are fantastic...the 70's Hogmanay Party scenes are priceless...from the humour to the fashion!

I have the complete series's and I watch at least one eposide a day as it really makes me laugh out loud again and again and again.

Hopefully the guys will end their off camera reported dispute and team up for Still Game Series 7!

5.0 out of 5 stars still game, 29 Jan 2009
very funny. i watched series 1 to 6 and then the xmas and hogmanay editions. it explains some of the stuff that happened during the series.

Still Game: The Christmas and Hogmanay Specials [2007] [DVD]