Format: DVD|Change

on 11 November 2013
had this on DVD but as player would not play any more it made sense to buy it on DVD
on 13 February 2009
This is my favourite version of Pride and Prejudice (though admittedly, I haven't seen the original. The BBC produced good stuff when the want to.

This DVD series is good quality and allows you to watch all the episodes back-to-back (though you will get very tried of the theme song, which I haven't heard for at least 3 months now, but I can still hear it playing in my head).

It also has a nice `making of' addition that is mildly informative (for example - Colin Firth (Mr Darcy) had a stunt double to jump into the pond for him. Make all the conclusions you wish).

I quite enjoyed this DVD and don't see why any fans of the book would not. It's a very pleasant watch.
on 24 May 2007
Im only 17years old and i am obsessed with Jane Austen! Ive watched both versions of Pride and Prejudice as it's my favourite of the Austen collection. I think Keira was better for the character Elizabeth Bennet for certain, but i think Colin firth was amazing at playing darcey as i find him so sexy, but Matthew Macfadyen created more chemistry between them both! I think in the newer version you can see the tension between them both all the time and your just shouting at the tv coz you get frustrated at them both. I think the newer version is sooo much better without a doubt, but the older one if still very good. Id personally prefer the newer one!!!!!
on 18 April 2016
I cannot even begin to explain how much I love this version. Pure indulgent bliss!
on 3 September 2010
beautiful cover and remastering of a wonderful series
we watch it again and again
on 16 April 2009
Pride and Prejudice (BBC 1995 TV Serial) [VHS]The BBC did a brilliant production of Jane Austen's much loved (& for me her best) story. Jennifer Ehle is perfectly cast with the gorgeous Colin Firth as the hero, & what a hero - I think it was due to his casting in this production, that we all had such a problem with his role in the film "Mama Mia"!
Each episode led us beautifully to the next with entertaining performances by the pushy parents, the Father with his eye on any monies involved, while the more sensitive Mother had more sympathy with her daughters. All in all a wonderful story beautifully performed.
on 29 July 2014
Fantastic dvd
on 11 February 2009
I bought this for my wife and she absolutely loves it and I know will watch it over and over again. Really good value.
Being a male and having a background in film and video and not a fan of Austen - I viewed its production values: It is surprisingly 'washed out' and yellowish in terms of picture quality and looks far older than a 90's production. (We are not talking about an intentional 'retro' quality here)
The acting is very good and the production is also very convincing.
I think if you like Austen, it is a very good value and entertaining. My wife didn't notice the poor quality...I didn't mention it to her either...
on 2 March 2016
Usual high standard of service from supplier. Good DVD. Content as reviewed.
on 22 March 2015
A lovely series. Could watch it time and again. Follows the book very well.