on 5 January 2009
Rimax 5.8GHz Audio Video Sender & Receiver

I have this product attached to the spare scart in the back of my sky+ box to a tv upstairs. Take the sky+ remote upstairs and you've got total control - just like your in front of the box downstairs. The signal passes through 2 walls and 1 ceiling over about 20m. The picture and sound clarity is perfect, even when it gets walked in front of. It was quite expensive but well worth it after the reviews i've seen of others.
on 6 January 2011
This sender is easy to set up as long as you are careful to plug all leads fully into their sockets. If you don't you are likely to get sound but no picture. I found the instructions quite clear. Everything is in English and Spanish, and the unit appears to have been imported from Spain. The mains adaptors (one for the transmitter and another for the receiver) are fitted with European plugs so it is necessary to add two further adaptors to fit UK sockets. Two are supplied in the box but I have used the small adaptors available for shavers. The UK/Eurpoean version of the transmitter connects to the source via a SCART plug and the receiver connects to a TV the same way. There is a US version that uses three RCA phono plugs (red, white, yellow) instead of SCART plugs.

Connection could be an issue for anyone with a Sky+ box if you have any other equipment already connected to the only SCART socket. I have my Sky+ box connected to a DVD recorder and I have connected the AV sender to the SCART output socket on the DVD recorder. This is a bonus because the DVD recorder has a terrestrial aerial input, so in the second room I can choose to watch either the channel on the Sky box or the terrestrial channel from the DVD recorder (or even a DVD).

The sender works very well in my apartment, sending a signal through kitchen and bathroom walls. Reception is very good on a 32" LCD screen and is not affected at all by other wireless devices. Like other reviewers I find that a person moving between the transmitter and receiver causes a temporary loss of signal. Overall it does the job well in my situation and I think it worth the money.
on 8 May 2009
I was a bit wary of buying the Rimax 5.8GHz Audio Video sender and receiver, as some of the reviewers were not happy with their purchase. This piece of kit is easy to install, and first time I switched on I had a crystal clear picture on my second TV in the kitchen. With 8 different channels to select there should be no problem with wireless broadband. If you have a second TV with a scart socket and want to watch satellite or a DVD player from another room, then this is definitely the one to buy.
on 9 June 2014
Had a video sender/receiver kit which worked to a degree but this one is wonderful! Perfect picture and the facility to control my Sky box from the conservatory works just as I wanted, so I'm absolutely delighted!

Spoke to the supplier before I bought, to check that it would be suitable for my needs, and they were extremely helpful!

Definitely recommended!
on 19 March 2010
Excellent product. Supposed to be easy to set up but nearly got divorced in process but that could just be me and husband not communicating very well. If you have a large house it will take two of you and two mobile phones but when the arguing ceases and you have your picture it's well worth it !
on 29 November 2009
I was a touch worried about how difficult it was going to be to split the signal from my Sky box and to send it to another room. I decided to avoid the 2.4ghz models and to splash out on the more expensive model at 5.8ghz, and it's been a breeze from start to finish: easy to set up out of the box (and no, you won't need a scart splitter as you can use the two you have on the back of your sky box to attach both this unit and a TV) and it worked first time - remote control and everything. Picture is really good, on the whole. It breaks up a touch if someone stands near the receiver, but otherwise the picture is practically perfect.
Highly recommended.
Good seller too.
on 20 November 2010
The first thing you should know about this is that it will take up a scart socket on the unit you are using to transmit the signal to the remote television. If you have not got a spare scart socket on your satalite/freeview box, or DVD player then you will have a problem. Some transmitters of this type have a piggyback type scart connector so that you do not have to use up an additional scart socket.

Setting up the unit is fairly easy and it does work where we wanted it but I was surprised at how easy the signal was interrupted. Our second set is only 20 meters from the transmitter and on the same level but if anyone walks near either the transmitter or receiving TV the signal breaks up badly. Furthermore the circular aerials have to be positioned exactly to get the best signal and that is not always easy because they have limited movement.

To summarise, we are happy with it in the situation we use it, but it does have it's limitations.
on 23 November 2011
Forget indoor aerials... Forget expensive Sky Multiroom set up costs and monthly subscriptions... This is all you need if you just want to watch Sky in another room instead of your living room. I bought this when my girlfriend moved in so she could watch TV in the bedroom whilst I watched a film or had PS3 time downstairs. The set up was really easy. The boxes are labelled "Transmitter" & "Receiver" as are the Scart leads that come with it. Simple to set up (took about 5 minutes) and the picture quality is impressive even with the HD channels. The IR Magic Eye works a treat. I had a spare Sky remote and it works... Just point it at the transmitter in the other room and it works just as if you were sat infront of your main TV. Okay so you can only watch what is on the Sky box downstairs but if this is all you want to do, this product is perfect. There is no interference through the thick walls and ceiling of my house and as mentioned the HD transer is perfect... Can't recommend highly enough. I was a little bit dubious after reading some other reviews regarding the remote not working but trust me, it does... Very impressed.
on 2 October 2008
The Rimax 5.8GHz Audio Video sender and receiver is an amazing piece of kit. It does exactly as it says on the box. It is easy to install. The delivery service is excellent. The reception on the second TV is remarkable especially as I have other wireless receivers and transmitters in the same room. This is a problem for less efficient models.
I totally recommend this to anyone.
33 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2010
This product is easy to set up. Main problem is that misleading comments on the internet suggested that it would work with SKY+ without any problems. Unfortunately, this appears to be incorrect. Although the picture and sound quality are good on my wide screen Samsung LCD TV, the device does not appear to be able to process the Sky+ remote control signal so it is not possible to pause/rewind/fast forward/change channels etc from the upstairs room where my receiver is located. This is a shame given the price of this product. Can't be bothered to return it now as all the product packaging was binned along with all the other Christmas wrapping paper and packaging and at least I will lose weight running from the upstairs to the downstairs room to change channels!
66 comments|37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse