Size: 2 mg|Change

on 19 July 2012
I have gone from electronic cigs to mouth spray i am now on the gum witch i find helps ...2 months i have given up and have found nicorette gum to be the most effective. For the people who have given this bad rep should really stop moaning as you cant get a better price anywhere elese. 105 pieces for £12 is great when you have to pay £6 for 30 Pieces in the shop.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 December 2014
I used to smoke about 25 cigarettes a day. My problem with smoking wasn't just that I was hooked on cigarettes but that I actually enjoyed them. Several years ago, I finally plucked up the courage to try to quit. I think it helps if you have a good reason for doing it. For me the motivation was that I was so fed up with the way I felt when I had to go without a cigarette in places like airports and on long haul flights.

I knew that if I tried to quit smoking I was probably going to end up eating more. As someone who, at the time was weighing in at close to 20St, I couldn't afford to put on even more weight so I decided to give the gum a go.

It is sugar free so there is no harm done to your teeth and no calories to put on weight. In my case, I also found that while I was chewing gum, I wasn't eating anything else so in fact I actually started to lose a little weight rather than putting it on. I also found that I would sometimes chew away at one piece of the gum for up to an hour which helped keep me away from the biscuit tin. Personally, I prefer the 'Freshmint' flavour to the 'Original' Flavour but it really is a matter of personal preference.

Because I always enjoyed smoking (and still do), I occasionally 'treat' myself to a real cigarette. However, this amounts to about 2 packets per year and that is good enough for me. Obviously in light of this, I don't class myself as a non-smoker.

Compared to the cost of smoking, the gum is much cheaper and far more socially acceptable. My only problem is that after all these years, I still chew the gum. However, unlike cigarettes, there appear to be few long term negative effects of Nicotine consumption. So it seems to me that on balance, I am much better off chewing the gum than smoking more than a packet of cigarettes every day.

If you really want to give up then I would suggest giving the Freshmint gum a go. It won't work for everyone but it might work for you.
on 1 April 2012
I had this as a prescription from the doctors they work really well with patches I recommend talking to a nurse/doctors before
I came from 20 years smoking cigarettes (up to 30 a day), to switching to e-cigs 2 years ago. I found e-cigs very helpful in getting off the real ones, but I just ended up vaping all day (which upset my stomach) and so decided to give them up too.

This is nice gum, tastes clean and gives a good hit when you chew it. I prefer to chew it gently occasionally and then leave it between my gum and cheek. It doesn't give the same immediate buzz as a cigarette (it gives a strong tingle on your gum and then the withdrawl symptoms slowly start to decline over 3-5 minutes), but once you become confident that your withdrawal symptoms will ease away to nothing with these, it's fairly easy to switch.

I started having one about every hour, but now only have one in the morning, one at lunch and a couple in the evening (maybe one or two more during the day if I'm stressed over something!). They may be addictive, but I have found them far easier to regulate than smoking or vaping.
on 3 March 2011
Delicious nicotine without all that cancerous rubbish filling your lungs, destroying your health. Whereas fresmint is delicious, regular mint is rancid.
on 18 August 2012
I had not tried to seriously stop smoking,but had managed to cut down to twenty a day.Requested the free stop smoking pack from the N.H.S.and with the help of this product haven't touched a cigarette for 4 months.
on 13 February 2014
You get a really good amount of gum in this pack and it really helped me to quit. I was able to quit easier knowing that I had these close to hand
on 13 July 2014
decent product, but they put price up every time you buy it. Cheaper to buy similar product in local supermarket now
on 6 October 2013
Easy to chew and does the job. Ooh I need to add eight more words. Hate reviews that make you do this!
on 3 May 2015
Most horrible taste in my mouth..... They made me change my mind about stop smoking haha