5.0 out of 5 stars A very good toaster.
Published on 11 Jun 2009 by Buddy

3.0 out of 5 stars I would not buy it again I think...
I had this toaster for about 2 months now. The great feature is that it has very large slots which means that slices from my Philips breadmaker fit in. It also looks quite nice so no complains there.
Published on 21 Oct 2010 by V. Mortensson

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good toaster., 11 Jun 2009
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 13766 2-Slice Classic Toaster in Polished Stainless Steel (Kitchen & Home)
Having read the reviews for the brushed steel version of this toaster, I went ahead and ordered a polished one. The toaster works very well, toast pops up nicely browned with consistent results. The item is well made and matches our Russell Hobbs Ceylon kettle. Also, as said in another review, the slots are big enough to accommodate bread from our Panasonic bread maker. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooks the entire slice evenly, 20 Oct 2009
Gharbage Hepe (High Wycombe, UK) - See all my reviews
At last, a toaster with slots big enough to cook an entire slice of bread! It's a bit slower than our previous one, but it toasts the bread evenly all over. There might be a problem with getting very small slices or bagels out, because even with the lifting handle an ordinary slice doesn't stick out of the top very far once it's cooked. But for us it's perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Russell Hobbs classic toaster, 16 Oct 2009
Mr. D. G. Baker (England) - See all my reviews
I agree, this is a good toaster.
There is sufficient space for thick slices of bread.
The toaster toasts very evenly and represents decent value for money.

David Baker
Lichfield, Staffordshire

5.0 out of 5 stars A Toaster that can take large slices, 8 July 2009
This toaster is one of the few that can take large slices of homemade bread and toast them evenly, instead of the top of the slice not getting browned. It does get hot on the top, but it is easy to avoid touching it as the toaster can raise the slice so you can take it our. RB

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Simple, 14 Nov 2009
oocares "oocares" (Brondesbury Park, London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I just want a toaster that toasts. Day after day after day without any fuss and drama. Bread in, lovely toast out. It's perfectly simple and this Russell Hobbs does that while looking clean and elegant. Now, if it lasts for at least 3 years it will have been the perfect buy!

3.0 out of 5 stars I would not buy it again I think..., 21 Oct 2010
V. Mortensson (London, UK) - See all my reviews
However, the slots are also very deep which means I have to use a tool every time to get the toast out even with the push up feature. Also, I do like my toasts lightly brown. First batch seems to be OK and if I place another two slices in after the first two, they will come out very very dark. And I use the lowest from lowest settings! I have not even tried to set it up for higher, I think I would get a piece of charcoal at the end. The outer cover gets also very hot after single use, but that is something you learn to live with and it cools fairly fast.

So not sure if my machine is faulty in that sense but based on this I would not recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Russell Hobbs toaster, 8 Dec 2009
I. HUTT (Cumbria) - See all my reviews
A very stylish product which looks good in any style kitchen. Not a new design but well proven over the years as I can testify having just replaced my aging model, not because it had broken or worn out but to accompany its stylish newly purchased neighbour the 1.7 litre jug kettle also made by Russell Hobbs. The toaster is able to handle two slices of any size loaf comfortably or four crumpets, easy to use controls and an emergency pop up button.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toaster, 4 Dec 2009
Herb25 "Herb" (East Dunbartonshire, UK) - See all my reviews
So pleased to find a toaster that toasts both sides well - and even better, that it can accommodate bread from my bread-maker. Takes up a bit more space on the worktop than my old, cheap and early-defunct one, but well worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple classic toaster, 29 Nov 2009
P. GRIMSDALE "Peter Grimsdale" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This was the answer to our long quest for a simple, classic shaped toaster that didn't have pointless extra features no one used. It does the job fine. The only disappointment is the toast doesn't come up proud of the slots so we have to forage for them with tongs.Just Watch MePerfect Night

5.0 out of 5 stars "2 slices "", 9 Aug 2009
blodwyn "welshgirl" (F.O.D. Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
I found this two slice toaster just the product I wanted !!

I have a R.H. Kettle so it matched up nicely.

For anyone(on their own) or not wanting a big 4 slicer - go for this !!!!