5.0 out of 5 stars Dry Feet
Been using this product for 4 years now on my Berghaus fabric hiking boots. Protects and re-waterproofs the outer shell. Also works great on son's leather football boots. Dry feet = more goals LOL.
Published on 28 Dec. 2008 by Gordon Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars It works but
This product does keep the water out pretty well but you need to apply it regularly. Any damp at all on your boots from your walk and you'll need to put more on or next time the water may well be getting in. So the cost mounts up. And for me a bottle is only good for two applications.

It's pretty hard work putting the stuff on. You have to press down very hard...
Published on 4 July 2012 by Steve

5.0 out of 5 stars Dry Feet, 28 Dec. 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax Proof Spray, 3 Feb. 2011
I have used this spray on my winter boots just before going to Austria for a skiing holiday. It worked really well, my feet never got wet, even though the shoes let water in before! Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the bottle, 18 Dec. 2010
John (Pontefract UK) - See all my reviews
I have used this product on all leather boots and combined leather and fabric walking shoes. It is applied to clean, damp shoes very easily and dries quickly to a waterproof finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proof that it works., 2 July 2013
Peter Jackson (Derbyshire) - See all my reviews
An excellent value for money offering of a very good product.
Older and dirtier items need cleaning first.
This product does work better if the item is damp / wet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does Exactly What it Says on the Bottle, 30 July 2010
Great product, easy to apply, doesn't smell bad, works perfectly well on my hiking boots and i have also used it on my other shoes. Good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Water just runs off, 1 Jun. 2014
P. Norman (Wales) - See all my reviews
I finally got wet feet in my Berghaus Explorer boots, after walking in some very boggy ground, they are over 5 years old.
Now they're as good as new, I think given a spray once a year should make them last for many more years.

The liquid is quite thin, so there's quite a bit of run off, spraying whilst rotating the boot in one hand helps - next time i'll spray whilst holding it over the other boot or even in an old bowl, so I can apply to the other boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY DOES GIVE A GOOD WATER RESISTANT COATING, STOPS LEATHER GETTING SOGGY., 15 Jan. 2015
Helpless "Helpless" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I use Nikwax products on all my Paramo outdoor gear but I have never used this particular Fabric and Leather-proofer. The spray bottle makes it easy and simple to apply. Spray over the shoes to the point where you get a bit of run off, dab the drippy bits and leave to dry. So far I have treated two pairs of children's school shoes, a pair of Merrell nubuck shoes and a pair of Merrell walking boots and a pair of suede trimmed casual shoes. I still have some left in the bottle.

Water does seem to run off and my perception is that the boots get less ingrained dirt stuck to them. It stops the leather getting water logged.
Unlike some products that apply a stain resistant coating these do definately waterproof.

I can't say how long the coating will last, but I rarely have to re-treat my waterproofs and fleece more than every other month.

Excellent product, I liked it so much I bought a 1ltr refill bottle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 6 Jun. 2013
very good for waterproofing shoes/ boots. Used on walking boots fabric and leather and also on suede boots and it does the job well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax, 1 Oct. 2011
Does what it says.Good quality spray gives good overall protection.Easy to apply and food for a wide range of materials.

3.0 out of 5 stars It works but, 4 July 2012
Steve (Whitby, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikwax Fabric And Leather Proof (Apparel)

It's pretty hard work putting the stuff on. You have to press down very hard to get the liquid out. I was more tired after applying it than after a long walk. Surely the manufacturers could come up with a better way?

Edit: For a second coat of my latest bottle I pulled off the foam brush from the container with some pliers and dipped a handicraft brush in the stuff. It went on much more easily that way and I wasted less of the liquid.

Nikwax Fabric And Leather Proof