on 12 March 2009
Very reasonable price for a good outfit. The top half works particularly well, though it's not exactly warm - since a T-shirt underneath would spoil the effect you just have to tough it out! You also don't get the hair that appears to be shown in the picture (I'm assuming it's not the guy's real stuff???), but to be fair it's not in the item description.
The bottom half's a bit less convincing - the trousers are pretty thin and stop halfway down your calf, and the boot covers tend to fall down unless you put pretty sizeable footwear underneath. However, all in all does the job nicely.
Finally, if you're after an outfit for a couple then the ladies costume (carribean pirate lady one size fancy dress costume new) matches very well - and as a bonus we got both from Glosticks as they charge delivery based on the shipment cost rather than the number of items, which is a nice change for a Marketplace seller!
on 8 September 2011
Everything about this is great except that the boots keep falling down and you will need to put some clothes on as it is very thin.
It looks really well on and is great value for what you get.
on 20 August 2012
Great Value! Matierial a little thin, so might need a layer on underneath and boot coverings slip down, but elastic band sorts that. Really good value product.
on 26 July 2011
I bought the costume for my boyfriend and it looks amazing, add of a few extra accessories it perfect pirate costume for at an affordable price. he wears size L and it is just him.
on 26 September 2013
Bought two of these for my son and husband. Sons fit great but my husband is a large and the shirt was too tight so would say that this is fine if you are a medium. I bought a cheap shirt and cut to match and it looked better he wore the waistcoat but obviously didn't meet but it looked fine.
on 29 August 2011
This was an excellent value for money item. Great costume consisting of lots of items which looked really good on.
on 4 October 2013
Load of rubbish. So cheaply made some of it fell apart before I got to the party . Don't bother.
on 27 May 2014
This was bought for Pirates on the Prom - a world record breaking
attempt at the most pirates in one place - in Penzance.

Silly me - I should have got it out the packet and and tried it on
before the event. I am only 5'11" and slim by comparison to many
of the pirates on the day. The pictured pirate must be about 5' tall
and have a waist of 28". I ended up slitting the arm holes so I could
get the waistcoat on. The shirt was so so small to be embarrassing
so I had to leave it at home in favour of another. The pantaloons
again were so small I had to leave them at home as well.

Caveat emptor!
on 23 May 2016
For the price, this is really quite a good buy and good value. Had to wear this to my niece's pirate themed birthday bash and it went down well. The kids seemed to find it quite funny. Quality is what you would expect for the price, but unless you are planning on making this part of your regular rotation of day time wear, you are probably only going to wear this once and shove it at the back a cupboard never to be seen again anyway!

I coordinated it with this blow up parrot, who now lives in one of my house plants! Inflatable Parrot on Shoulder (HN00507-CHNA-FLTB)
on 11 May 2014
Decent costume, it's made from very thin elasticy material so isn't great quality, but for £12 can't really have any complaints. I'm 6'2" and the trousers stop just below my knee, thought this looked quite pirate-y so didn't bother with the boot toppers. Bought a cheap pack of plastic kids pirate stuff to go with the costume, an eye patch, dagger, that kinda thing, and was happy with the result