a PROPER can opener!!! none of this safety rubbish that cut the entire top of the can off. the saftey design obviously means things such as tuna can't be properly drained.... took me ages to find a proper canopener, this ones great. its even comfy to use due to the softgrip handles!! =]
Published on 20 Nov. 2009 by B. Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Great can opener... Until it broke.
As far as can openers go, this one was great, opened cans from the top, as opposed to from the side, and was quite often effortless in opening up the tasty treats held within.

Published on 22 April 2012 by A. Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Kitchen Craft Master Class Soft Grip Short Handled Can Opener, 20 Nov. 2009
B. Jones "fred" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kitchen Craft Master Class Stainless Steel Can Opener Scales (Kitchen & Home)

2.0 out of 5 stars Great can opener... Until it broke., 22 April 2012
A. Jackson (Reading, England) - See all my reviews

Unfortunately, my can opener broke today. It lasted just a mere 4 months. Unfortunately I'm out of the 30 days return process offered, so I've had to settle with superglue until I can purchase a replacement unit.

Huge shame.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken, 4 Dec. 2013
I have had can this can opener about 6 weeks don't use it very often but no complaints . it did what it is supposed to do until tonight. I tried to open a normal tin of soup and the handle of the opener broke off completely. what is worse it did it before I got the can opened so as well as being deprived of the opener I have no soup !! feeling very annoyed quality should be better than this

5.0 out of 5 stars Can Opener, 13 April 2010
This is the best can opener I have ever used! Highly recommended for the price!Kitchen Craft Master Class Soft Grip Short Handled Can Opener

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality started rusting, 17 May 2011
The can opener started rusting after 1.5 months after just a few times of using it. Amazon reluctantly refunded for this

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and easy, 13 Aug. 2010
Very easy to use, unlike some openers which are quite tough! Looks very nice too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 28 Aug. 2011
Claire White - See all my reviews
I have had endless tin openers over the past couple of years and I bought this one and it works brilliantly at such a good price. Very pleased with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke after six months, 27 May 2014
This can opener was fairly hard to use from the get-go, sometimes it just didn't want to work. I thought I was using it wrong until I realised that there wasn't any other way I could possibly use it. About 5 months after I got it (using it fairly infrequently, as well - only a couple of times per month) one of the black plastic handles snapped clean off. For another couple of weeks I was able to keep using it (albeit with great difficulty) with only one handle, but today - about 6 months after I bought it - I was half way through opening a tin of chickpeas and the whole can opener sprang apart into about six pieces. Total rubbish! Avoid this product like the plague!

1.0 out of 5 stars Can Opener, 25 Dec. 2009
Mr. J. YOLE - See all my reviews
This opener lasted 2 tins, used it on one tin ok the second tin the thing just fell apart. Would not buy another waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish - do not buy!, 7 Aug. 2013
I was so excited about my new can-opener. I unpacked it, and it looked great. I picked it up, and it felt nice and comfortable in my hand. I used it: and it broke instantly! One of the handles snapped off on the very first turn. They seem to be made very cheaply of plastic, rather than rubber.

I was so disappointed that I tried to mend it (using superglue): but it just broke, instantly, again on use!

Needless to say, I am returning it. Don't buy. If I could give it no stars (while also submitting this review), I would.