4.3 out of 5 stars1,543

Very good
on 7 July 2014
fantastic
on 22 May 2009
I chose the title of this review "what a surprise" because it really is a GREAT film from beginning to end! This is the second copy I have purchased because the first one was lent to a friend and having great difficulty in getting the dvd back I decided to invest in another copy and make a practice of "NOT LENDING IN FUTURE" The music is first class and being an avid ABBA fan had at first reservations as to the actual enjoyment of this film. I need not have worried. It really is 1st class.
on 20 February 2009
The first 10 minutes or so of this film, really irriated me to the extent that I nearly turned off the DVD! However, I chose to persevere with it and quickly found myself laughing out loud at the cheesey-ness of the film. I mean, a former bond star in latex! Come on! And Colin Firth gay! Oh no Mr Darcy!!!
Definately a feel good movie, right up there with Grease - an all time favourite. I would recommend buying this film - just don't take it seriously and you won't be dissappointed.
on 29 July 2009
This is a hugely enjoyable movie, although the songs are not sung by Abba, but by the performers, most of whose voices are very much under par.
But there is a further down side and that is the editing, which is brutal - towards the end, the Colin Firth character reveals that the Meryl Streep character is the only woman he has slept with and you suddenly become aware that there is a dark haired man standing near him. Where did he come from? I do not remember him on screen earlier.
on 5 April 2011
I've watched this dvd i don't know how many times. And each time I want to dance and sing. Meryl Streep is outstanging. The three men are charming and Amanda Seyfried finally got a main role. this film is just really good.
on 16 July 2009
I love this film. It's the ultimate women's feel-good-sing-along film (though the male actors said they'd "never had so much fun")
It is beautifully made, wonderfully acted, brilliantly choreographed and the songs just perfectly fit into the outrageous storyline - giving a whole new lease of life to those refrains I used to groan at! (I was NEVER an Abba fan)
This film makes me cry, makes me sing, and makes me laugh out loud a lot.
Furthermore, my kids love it too!
on 10 April 2009
Mamma Mia! [DVD] [2008]
At a time when I was feeling so unhappy I ordered this DVD and it became an amazing antidote and lifted my spirits. I have always enjoyed ABBA music and this was no exception. Along with the music and wonderful singing and dancing I was moved to sing along and dance around the room myself! And such a great cast of actors chosen to enhance the story further. LOVED IT! More to come from Bjorn and Benny in the future I hope.
on 30 March 2010
We saw it in the cinema, and now it's on when my friend and her daughter come over. The girls are 3 and love singing and dancing to the film while we dream of living in greece, what's not to love. Definite feel good film
on 27 February 2009
Mamma Mia was for me and my friends well worth watching. I have seen in the cinema, the TV and on the DVD. It is magnifiecent and spirit lifting. I have actually bought this film from you as a second one for a friend and her daughter.
The actors I loved, everyone of them. Julie Walters is amazing as of course are all the others.
Even my husband enjoyed watching it. I think it appeals to all ages and sexes. What a wonderful film to watch with all the family.