4.0 out of 5 stars Great! (f you have a wireless nunchuck)
Bought this game as I enjoy rhythm/dance games and thought this may be a spin on the DDR format.
Published on 21 Jan 2009 by Coffee Bean

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good balance board game
Published on 2 Dec 2008 by S. Greenwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a good balance board game, 2 Dec 2008
S. Greenwood (Oxford) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: All Star Cheerleader (Wii) (Video Game)
This is a fun game to play but suffers from a few issues. It has unusually long load times for each practice or routine or even for a tiny cut-scene. Each section is usually less than a minute long but has at least a 30 second load time. If you try to use the balance board it resets at the beginning of EVERY practice or routine adding another 30 seconds or so of waiting.

Without the balance board it is just about worth waiting for the sections to load. The routines are fun and seem well designed and easy to follow. The increase in difficulty is well-managed and the competitions are challenging but not impossible. At this price I think it is a 3 star game, if they'd resolved the loading issues and got the balance board properly integrated it might have been 4.

The other tiny niggle I had was that there isn't a lot of guidance on how to play the game. Create a cheerleader character as soon as you start otherwise none of your progress will be saved. I'd suggest starting with 'Career'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great! (f you have a wireless nunchuck), 21 Jan 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: All Star Cheerleader (Wii) (Video Game)
Initially I started on career mode to learn the moves, although it gets a bit tedious its the only way to get through the game - and the only way I've found to get to the more challenging routines I was looking for. On switching on the balance board, and changing my nunchuck to a wireless one, the game takes on a whole new level - no longer is there a risk of decapitation from the nunchuck wire, and at last my feet have something to do... then the game becomes alot more challenging.

Although the game is aimed at young girls, there is nothing stopping this 29 year old shaking it and cheering her way through various levels of competence (although something tells me I won't be accepted onto a real squad anytime soon)

Once you start competing the game is fantastic - you really get into it without a second thought that you may just look like a numpty. I just wish I'd thought to close my curtains before letting myself go!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good not great, 27 Dec 2008
Clare "clare030182" (Plymouth, Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: All Star Cheerleader (Wii) (Video Game)
I love dance and since this is linked to the balance board for the wii fit I thought I'd give it a try.
I found the initial customisation of your cheerleader/squad fun but the controls for it weren't explained very well, I struggled to work out what I was doing (and I'm fairly tech savvy.)
I started with the practise sessions and often found the load time was quite long especially when syncing the wii board up. I found the initial moves easy to master but got to a point where no matter what I did I couldn't seem to get my remotes to register that I was making the move required (Whether it was just me or the game I can't say for sure but I did think that you should have the option to see what the move you are doing looks like from different angles because the angle i could see was hard to distinguish the correct positioning.)
My biggest problem? I'm in my 20s and the cord between my nunchuck and wii mote just wouldn't stretch far enough for some of the moves so unless you're a child or have a wireless nunchuck it can be a big problem for the game.
Did I like the game? Yes, Is it fun to try and do the routines? Yes, Would I buy it again? Not unless I had a wireless remote or it was on sale.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 29 Dec 2008
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: All Star Cheerleader (Wii) (Video Game)
This game looks great but has lots of issues regarding play. Load time for each segment (regardless of length) is ridiculously slow (often as long as the actual segment) If you use the balance board it's even longer.
You are unable to complete moves to the full extent due to the length of the wire between the remotes.
Also it doesn't seem that sensitive to the moves. you can do it and it won't register. I also find the instructions for some none existant and the different pictures often contradict each other.
I'd wait until they sorted these issues out before buying to prevent disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Family Game and good for your reflexes!!, 11 July 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: All Star Cheerleader (Wii) (Video Game)
First I have to say I didn't even TRY this on the wii balance board. Apart from the fact we only have one, I bought this game for me and my three daughters to have fun with. And we do!! We have four wii motion remotes and four nunchuks and didn't feel like we missed out on anything!!

Creating your own cheerleader is a MUST. You go through the career mode to create your own avatar which makes it a lot more personalised when you play multi player. I was volunteered as the one to actually go THROUGH the career mode and I have a major laugh doing so. Each level is harder: you learn more moves using the positioning of the nunchuk and remote, and pressing the A, C, Z and B keys as directed. I was a little concerned as I don't have a wireless nunchuk but you don't actually need one. For example, if you are meant to have one arm straight in the air and the other out to the side in the letter L, just put your nunchuk and remote in an L shape and the move is recognised. Once I realised that I didn't have to do the big motions, it all was a lot clearer and a helluva a lot more fun! I'm in week three, just heading for week four, and have already unlocked routines that on screen show new and different dance moves, somersaults and flips - it really is great. The playback facility is fantastic for recovering from the exertion - all that hard arm work can be tiring :) - and seeing what moves you missed.

We started doing it on rookie level but have swiftly moved up to elite and have a couple of favourite routines/songs including the Jonas Brothers.

And challenging?! OMG, the laughs we have had. One daughter describes herself as a steel band champion as every time she missed a move, the remote made a 'clunk' sound and as the moves got harder and harder, the four of us were making clunking noises left, right and centre and laughing even harder. Yeah, sometimes we get a bit competitive, but more often than not we play it as multiplayer in the co-op mode and just have fun with it.

I have not regretted buying this for a second. Where else can you find a game for four girls to play that has loud music, makes it possible for one disabled member to score higher than able bodied players, and have a sing a long at the same time. My 7 year old is better than her older sisters, and we've spent many an hour just having fun on this.

I highly recommend it even if I have never used it with the balance board. Besides, I don't think I could concentrate on moving my feet at the same time as pressing B, Z and holding the remotes upside down!!

1.0 out of 5 stars so boring, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: All Star Cheerleader (Wii) (Video Game)
waste of time on too much talking!
Come on, it's a game! I don't need ur instructions step by step!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great for kids, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: All Star Cheerleader (Wii) (Video Game)
bought this for my 8year old niece - she loves it, Keeps her entertained for hours. Easy for her to follow.

1.0 out of 5 stars absolute crap, 24 Jan 2013
crap crap crappy crap.

usual cheap as chips and terrible wii game. dont even bother. youll regret it. for serious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun To Play!, 11 April 2009
Ms. S. L. Beesley (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
GOOD POINTS:
This Game Is Realy Good + Addictive!
Im 17 And Wanted A Game Which I Would Enjoy On My Wii! ..And This Was It!
You Get To Go Through The Different Stages Of Becoming A Cheerleader Then Actually Making It On Your Squad!

PLUS: Good Price!

BAD POINTS:
Slow On Loading.
Can Bacome A TAD Boring.

OVERALL:
Personaly I Enjoy This Game! It Is Fun To Play And Is Addictive!
If You Enjoy Games Like These Then Buy It!

1.0 out of 5 stars Um... What!?, 10 July 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: All Star Cheerleader (Wii) (Video Game)
this game is almost impossible to play with the wii fit board. Even if you do manage to follow all the moves its completely un-user friendly.

All Star Cheerleader (Wii)
All Star Cheerleader (Wii) by THQ (Nintendo Wii)