on 22 March 2010
Fast acting hair removal cream (max 5 minutes), especially effective on fine to moderate women's facial hair. Easy to apply and smells good too. For best results apply thickly and remove with a spatula or soft tissue.
on 4 June 2014
I did a patch test, all was fine, I used the product with no problems the first time, second time around it basically burnt all the skin from my upper lip area, my face was very sore, red and scabbed for about a week afterwards. I will not be using this product again!
on 12 March 2014
I did a patch test on my face, everything was fine.
then i applied all over my face, in after 10 seconds sharp pains started on my face and I rushed to wash it off, when i started washing off MY WHOLE FACE SKIN CAME OFF, I was screaming as it was very very painful, I was taken to hospital straight away & given steriod injections for two days.
It took 4 weeks to heal & after that i was left with dark brown scarring on my whole face.
after 6 weeks when hair started to grow back, I had Infected Folicullitis which was worse, it's now been 6 months & i'm left with scars on my face.
on 6 January 2012
I've tried many hair removal creams in the past for my facial hair - they've always either not done the job, or created a ridiculous amount of irritation or - worse! - both. They've always smelled unpleasant and have never been all that easy to apply.

This product was totally different. It comes in a bottle with a brush included, like the bottles of PVA glue you used to use at school. The product is a light pink colour, and smells far more pleasant than other products - and I had it right under my nose for the full 5 minutes! It applies easily, thanks to the brush.

I did a patch test 24h in advance as my skin can be irrationally sensitive, but I had no reaction at all. I would recommend you do this, not only to test for irritation but also to work out how long you need to leave it on. It says to use for no longer than 5 minutes, but you may not need all this time for it to do its job.

It has removed ALMOST all the hair (hence my 4* review) - a few stubbly bits have been left, but only I can see them, and compared to what it was like, it's a vast improvement. As some of the hair is quite coarse, I followed the instruction on the box to saturate it with water for a few minutes prior to applying the cream (I just soaked some cotton wool and left it to sit on my face).

Removal was easy - more cotton wool and warm water. My skin afterwards felt a little tight, but it subsided after an hour, and there were no red blotches/puffy skin to show what I had been doing!

All in all, a very good product!
on 16 November 2014
I used to love this product as it efficiently removed hair. However it has been repackaged and it is impossible to get all the cream out of the new bottle. Very crafty of Nair. Means you have to buy more long before the bottle is empty. Tip for anyone experiencing irritation after use. Don't use a flannel etc to remove cream, rather gently scape off with spatula or blunt edge of knive. Then gently rinse with Luke warm water, pat dry and smear on some Holland and barret aloe Vera gel.
on 25 May 2016
Completed burnt My skin under my chin and round the side of my face. Did the test and it was ok but when I spread it further it has completely taken the layer of skin off! Had to have a week off work as it was so sore and unbearable to do anything! The worst product I have ever used and should be banned from the shelves!
review image review image
on 25 May 2016
THIS PRODUCT SHOULD NOT EVEN BE ON THE SHELVES FOR SALE .....!
Brought this as I normally wax but wanted to give it a go as used their underarm
And leg cream no probs
Did a patch test and all seemed good so applied the cream to clean face , my lip chin and sides and even a little on my forehead as I have quite dark hair ..
WAITED AND PUT TIMER ON FOR TWO MINUTES ....and I could feel it tingling so prepared to remove it with cotton wool in water ...
It's removed my hair alright and not only that but most of my skin too !!!
Facial burns and blood spots that I have never experienced in my whole life , that has left me with an itchy burning all over ..
I immediately washed in cold water , tryed aloe gel to calm it and even applied germoline to no avail !
The worst is I have work this morning and have had to cover it up ( or try ) with concealer n powder , bearing in mind I don't wear either because I've always had lovely skin for my age ..
Made me very self concious and I will be contacting the company today as skin is hot inflamed and very uncomfortable !!!
There is only one use for this crap and that's in the bin or better still , as a paint stripper !!!!
Photos to follow when I remove makeup
After work
on 12 April 2015
I don't have what I would call sensitive skin, but after using this product, I may have to reconsider this, even though the patch test I did on my inner elbow was fine!

I purchased this product as I was getting fed up with plucking an increasing amount of thick, dark hairs out of my chin (getting old is a real drag!)

I entered the bathroom with a happy heart, at last I was going to beat the stubble. I followed the instructions to the letter, to make sure I did not leave the product on to long, I did my chin in 2 half's, removing the cream after the recommended 3 minutes and rinsing my face thoroughly. The hair was gone, great I thought, but then the burning sensation started, I rinsed my face again and again with luke warm water, but could not stop the burning, I kept plunging my face into sink fulls of clean water, but the discomfort just increased. I tried aloe vera, coco butter, but nothing helped.

The following morning a awoke to a still burning face and upon inspection, I found my chin was covered in what I can only describe as chemical burns, red raw patches that were very sore and to add insult to injury, I could feel stubble already returning.

3 days on and my chin has finally stopped burning, but looks a mess, the raw patches have now scabbed over, and I can only hope it will not scar too much.

I will never be putting anything like this product near my face again, and though I would write this review to try and prevent anyone else going through the agonies I have experienced.
on 17 May 2016
Do not buy this product. I bought mine from Tesco and used it as directed.

As soon as I applied it to my face it started to tingle, then I thought I'd give about 1-2 minutes.
Well that was the biggest mistake I ever made.

It has burnt my skin really badly leaving it red raw all along the sides of my face, and upper lip, and the burning was horrendous.
I tried so many things to soothe the burning, aloe gel, which made it sting even more.
I tried using baby powder which did help a little bit.

My saving grace for almost stopping the burning sensation in it's tracks was a product I bought off Amazon, for use on my scalp, called Super Balm, it can be used anywhere on the body as it's organic, It was a godsend I bought this, it stopped the burning almost immediately when I applied it to my face. Thankfully I had this, or I would have suffered a lot longer with the burning.

It's going to be scabby for a while when it starts to heal, I don't even think make-up will cover it effectively.

Just do yourselves a big favour and don't but this product.!!!!
on 17 March 2016
The worse I put on my face so far. It removed the hair and then, skin starts to burn and leaving red burning patches. I took some antihistamine, and painkillers. Do not buy this products. I would never ever purchase this again.