5.0 out of 5 stars These are my turkey turnin' gloves
Published 11 months ago by B

3.0 out of 5 stars Heat proof but odd to wear
Pluses: good heat protection straight from the oven if you use both hands. I did start to feel the heat using one hand and a heavier dish and had to put the dish down pronto. Excellent that these are wipeable & rinseable, no mucky gloves between washes. Long enough to protect wrists from oven shelf burns
Minuses: I have smallish hands and these are too big for me...
Published 10 months ago by Sue

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars These are my turkey turnin' gloves, 19 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Oven Gloves with Fingers - Pair - Black (Kitchen & Home)
I love these. I bought them specifically to be able to grab my roasts right out of the oven and turn them, or move them to a resting tray before serving. I've had no problems with heat transfer, I find they keep my hands very safe when handling very hot items. I love that they are so easily washed. I also love the dexterity permissible by these. I have size 7 hands, so not overly large, and the gloves are a bit big, but I don't find this compromises my ability to use my hands at all. If you do a lot of cooking, these are for you. I strongly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, 17 Jan. 2015
Peter (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oven Gloves with Fingers - Pair - Black (Kitchen & Home)
I compared these with my old oven gloves. I found that the heat resistance of a standard pair of oven gloves made of cotton and polyester is better than this pair of silicone gloves. Having said that I was able to handle hot ovenware for quite a long time with these silicone gloves without getting burned at all.

Pros - They look durable; they do afford slightly better dexterity than oven mittens; the company says they are steam-proof, which is a big advantage over cotton oven gloves (I am still to confirm this for myself); also, they are waterproof so they are easily washable and I think they will not stain like cotton does after a while.

Cons - They look quite manly and industrial. Some people might not like that look in their kitchen. However, the gloves have an embossed pattern of small heart shapes all over them. I think that was a good attempt to make them look more unisex; there are cotton/polyester oven gloves for sale on Amazon for around £5 (including postage). These gloves cost me £12.50; I would have liked it if the gloves came in better packaging.

Overall, I think these gloves are practical and have some advantages over conventional oven mittens. However, I think they would be more appealing if they were more colourful or if different colours and sizes were available or if there was a message embossed on the gloves such as those seen on the cotton/polyester oven mittens. Perhaps that may happen after a few years. I will try them out for a while and then write an update.

UPDATE 21/01/15: They are steam-proof.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more fear of hot fat!, 9 Jan. 2013
JC (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oven Gloves with Fingers - Pair - Black (Kitchen & Home)
These oven gloves are without question one of the best kitchen products I have bought. Every oven glove I have owned in the past has given me less protection than these ones do, I no longer have to worry about baking trays or roasting tins burning me through the glove, and I can pick up trays with hot liquid fat on them without the slightest worry that I will get burned as the liquid cannot penetrate this glove, it is waterproof. I can take a baking tray out of the oven and carry it over to where I am serving food and still keep hold of it while I transfer the food to the plate without the slightest feeling of heat coming through the glove. Some of the other reviews I read about other products in this range said that they felt heat and burns through the glove and they nearly put me off buying it, however I am so glad I decided to give it a chance anyway! Compared to cloth gloves, even the really good ones, this is so much better. The only drawback is that there is perhaps slightly less dexterity with this glove than a cloth one, but there is still enough and in my opinion that is a very small price to pay. I also love the fact that I can pop them in the dishwasher to keep them really clean. I would happily recommend this oven glove to anyone and will be buying them as gifts for all my friends who also like to cook. 10/10 from me for this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Doubts overcome by performance!!, 2 Mar. 2013
Fiona (East Anglia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oven Gloves with Fingers - Pair - Black (Kitchen & Home)
I was surprised at the weight of the parcel when it arrived and initially when I took the gloves out they were not what I imagined being heavier and quite bulky. I was going to send them back but as my other Lakeland gloves were getting less heat proof with age I needed some straight away so decided to give them a try.

The gloves are a good fit for me with quite small hands, my husband tried them on and found them rather tight and harder to get on and off. They heat proof qualities are excellent, even if one hold a very hot tray of roast pots while serving. The other plus over my old fabric ones is that however messy they get with oil or gravy just a quick run under the tap is all that is needed whereas my old ones look very stained and scorched.
Both gloves are identical with a little moulded loop on the cuff which I have tied a loop of cord so that I can hang them up in my pantry when not in use.
I have found another use for the gloves which is for opening the door of my wood burner when I put logs on. I dropped one star only because of the bulkiness but then if they were too thin I suppose they would not do the job intended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Silicone oven gloves, 27 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Oven Gloves with Fingers - Pair - Black (Kitchen & Home)
Well after the initial shock at just what I had purchased, didn't expect thick "rubber" gloves, to stop burning myself, enforced raw cook, I actually tried them out. Yes they certainly stop you getting burnt, heat doesn't transfer to your hands even on items straight from the cooker and being silicone liquid does not penetrate to your skin. The "problems" I found were although my hands are a medium size I found them tight, the thickness of the silicone means gripping items can be fought due to the "strenght" of the material, as and when I get used to them I am positive these minor problems will disappear.These comments are intend as being constructive rather than a criticism of the product. They do the job they are designed for and, cost a lot less than others offered on line . Since using these gloves I have not received anymore burns, even the wife likes them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Heat proof but odd to wear, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Oven Gloves with Fingers - Pair - Black (Kitchen & Home)
Minuses: I have smallish hands and these are too big for me. They are also stiff compared to fabric or knitted gloves, so it's not so easy to get a good grip on a pot.
I don't like the feel of them on my hands. I rate these as OK, and will keep using them, but next time round I'll go back to knitted gauntlets.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 10 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Oven Gloves with Fingers - Pair - Black (Kitchen & Home)
Gloves small and not very easy to put on. Heat resistance is not too good - can't hold hot items for too long

5.0 out of 5 stars As the name shows, No more burn!, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Oven Gloves with Fingers - Pair - Black (Kitchen & Home)
I bought silicone double oven glove ( in one piece) earlier, and i liked it. I wanted separate gloves., too and bought these. These are both very useful.
It is easier to put on mutton type double oven glove, but finger gloves are good in handling smaller objects, such as taking very hot cocotte out of a steam pot. Washing is also easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more butrned fingers, 7 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Oven Gloves with Fingers - Pair - Black (Kitchen & Home)
The gloves are rather strange to look at but do the job magnificently!

To help me put them on - I have a very small hand, I sprinkled a smidgen of talcum powder in them - much easier.

A real bonus is that you can wash them under the tap as you go along.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 21 May 2013
Ms. C. ALLEN (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oven Gloves with Fingers - Pair - Black (Kitchen & Home)
I wanted a glove that I could wipe as I didn't like the way the food got stuck to the fabric gloves when taking things out of the oven (casseroles etc). These give enough protection and are so easy to run under the tap to clean

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›