Size: 0.3lt|Change
Price:£3.63+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 20 February 2014
Whilst my purchase of Nikwax softshell spray was intended to re-proof a couple of running jackets in the hope that the joys of our current wet weather would not trouble me further, alas the final result is - as the title suggests - mixed. In the case of a Ronhill running jacket that was well past its waterproofed best, the Nikwax has been an apparent success. Spraying it with water using a shower head - seams included - no water found its way inside, and I am certain that it will keep me rather drier than I have been recently when out for a jog (I will update when I have had chance to try the jacket out in wet conditions). However, in the case of my Karrimor jacket, the reverse is true. A similar spraying with water saw the water seep straight in and soak the inside of the jacket as if it had directly sprayed, despite having applied the product in exactly the same way, and using the same quantity - if not a little more. As such, I am now hoping that the wash-in version that utterly failed to waterproof my hi-viz jacket (despite having used the pre-wash liquid as recommended) may prove more successful at waterproofing this jacket, acting as it will as a second layer of NIkwax treatment.

In short, this product as with the wash in version is rather hit and miss, and following the instructions in an identical fashion is no guarantee of success. Accordingly, I personally will not be buying this product again and will, in future, simply replace my running jackets or, alternatively, take it to a dry cleaners that offers a professional waterproofing/rain-proofing service. So save your cash, and give this particular product line a miss lest you too have rather uncertain results.
on 14 September 2012
my jacket had no water proofing this is just what was required, my jacket is now fully waterproof insuring i do not get wet this winter, i would recommend this product to everyone
on 13 July 2012
Applied evenly this product does work. I spray on a small area at atime,then use soft brush to make sure its covered.But dont over work the area.
on 19 October 2011
Always use Nikwax products. bought this to spray on coat seams which had leaked during recent heavy rain. Always good value for money, means you don"t have to throw out your favourite coat!!
on 6 January 2013
Used this product to waterproof the edges of my horses stable rug so I could put it under a his turnout rug for extra warmth, with you amount of rain we have had the stable rug has remained dry (muddy but dry) . I have now done 2stable rugs and still have enough to do a third.
on 22 July 2013
.....but you need to give your item a good 'airing' to reduce the smell of the Nikwax. Can leave your clothes feeling to waxy if you overdo it!
on 17 December 2013
2nd time I've bought this product it works really well, even on old waterproofs giving a little longer use out of them.
on 23 December 2013
A little smelly so use in a well ventilated room an wait a week for the smell to disappear, the my gore windstopper jacket was waterproof once again
on 11 February 2013
The right tool for the job. Ideal for waterproofing garments with linings or possible wicking effect. Part of the family range.
on 24 February 2013
I now have a waterproof jacket that is waterproof, with enough left in bottle to my coat again should I need to. Really does do what the label say's it will do, I am more than happy with the product.