5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!
If you enjoyed the edgy tone of Chris's voice on last season's idol the purchase of this album won't disappoint. There's not a track I didn't like, even had a slight reminiscence of Pearl Jam on a couple of tracks, loved it. Overall, a great first album, really very impressive. Would be good to see Chris as a nominee for next years' best international newcomer at the...
Published on 21 Feb 2007 by MissV

3.0 out of 5 stars Daughtry
Great album some good tracks some not so good that is why i gave it 3 stars well worth listening to
Came on the back of American idol did not win but just goes to show if you have got talent you can succeeed in the pop business
Published on 15 Feb 2009 by David Webber

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Unoriginal but still very good, 21 Aug 2007
The Fault - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
Daughtry is your typical accessible American rock that's been heard a million times before but it's still a decent little album. This has been huge in America with hits such as It's Not Over and Home. Chris Daughtry has an exceptional singing voice and is really what this album is about. If you like Nickelback, Default or The Calling then this will be right up your street because it sounds very similar to those bands. The 45 minute album also includes a song called What I Want, probably the rockiest number on here, which features Slash noodling (which basically just means coming into the studio and blasting out a riff/solo straight off the cuff). And with it we have pretty much the only guitar solo on the album, which is a real shame. I would have liked the vocals - as good as they undoubtedly are - to have been broken up by a solo or two but it just doesn't happen. Instead we get a bridge with yet more vocals and it can make the songs feel less varied as a result. This is why the fifth star is missing from my rating. This criticsm aside, I still highly recommend the album. What you don't get is anything original but what you do get is accessible rock that you will find yourself singing along to in no time. Just one final note - the UK version also includes a bonus track not found on this American release - an acoustic version of Breakdown (original version is also included on the album).

Verdict: 4/5

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, 2 Aug 2007
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
I have had this cd for a number of weeks now after hearing one of his songs on American Idol( they played it as the contestant was leaving the show) and all i can say is WOW!!!, buy this and you will not be dissapointed. I play this all the time and even my 11 year old daughter loves it. There isn't one song i could say i didn't like.
BUY BUY BUY BUY

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 17 Sep 2007
Jez1972 (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
What can is say about this album it's perfect not one rubbish track on here if you're into Bon Jovi and Nickleback this will be right up your street best tracks are Over You and What I Want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Album, 16 Sep 2007
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
The first Daughtry song I heard was on WWE Backlash 2007 and I thought it was good, so I checked out the artist and found out that Chris Daughtry was in American Idol. Ususally I think artists in all forms of talent shows fail, accept Kelly Clarkson. America does better at producing stars from these shows than Engalnd does though, but then American artists in the rock genre and other genres are much better than England. I decided to download the album and upon first hearing it I wasn't that impressed, I thought 'It's Not Over' and 'Home' were really good rock tracks. Then I listened to the album agian on my trip to New York and was blown away, this album rocks. All but 2 songs are 5 stars, the others are 4 stars. This is one of the best albums I own and in my opinion the best of the year (2006). The songs convey great emotions and are all hits. My favourite song is 'Home' which is an amazing track. Daughtry needs to be played in England, the songs will blow away the useless trash in the charts in this country. Overall you must buy this album, you'll love it. Daughtry can be compared to Nickleback but I feel this album is better than Nickleback albums in the past.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Aug 2014
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
Yes brilliant album and Amazon for speedy delivery

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
I brought this for a relative who loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Aug 2014
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
excellent you wont be disappointed

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing, 28 Dec 2006
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
I had high expectations for this album. I was rooting for Chris all through the Idol competition, and absolutely loved his heavy rock style. This album, however, is too "pop" as a whole and doesn't quite show all of Chris's potential that was so clearly manifested on Idol. I like tracks 1, 7, 8 and 10. But to tell you the truth, all the other tracks could just as easily been done by Kelly Clarkson (no offense to either artist). I'm hoping that the next album will have less Idol and more Chris on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars like this album rocks, 27 Dec 2006
K. Good "splodge06" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
Yeah, i never watched american idol so it never swayed me to like this. I have heard this album, and all i can say is wow, some of the songs are very good. Well written, very good beats i just love this album to pieces. Brilliant

4.0 out of 5 stars Another American Idol winner, 21 Aug 2007
M. M. Ali "Mao" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Daughtry (Audio CD)
Daughtry was one of the best artists in American Idol season 5. He should have won the competition outright. The album could have been a little more rockier however it is still a fine debut by this outstanding talent. You will not be disappointed!!

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

Daughtry
Daughtry by Daughtry (Audio CD - 2008)