5.0 out of 5 stars The Standard Mouse is a Disaster - The Marble is Wonderful
Published on 27 Dec 2009 by Martin Axon

3.0 out of 5 stars Not right for me
Seems like a good quality mouse.

I have problems with my arms and fund the marble idea very promising in theory but simple too big in practice.

I found the ball to operate the cursor fairly precise but the action of holding my hand on to pt the mouse to do it didn't work for me.

My chiropractor uses one and swears by it so I think my...
Published on 12 Aug 2011 by Mr. Kevin Wilkinson

5.0 out of 5 stars The Standard Mouse is a Disaster - The Marble is Wonderful, 27 Dec 2009
Martin Axon (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech USB Marble Mouse (Accessory)
There are FOUR reasons why the Marble Mouse kicks the standard mouse into the bin. First, when you need to make fine and accurate movements (like when using a pen) you need to use your fingers - the standard mouse forces us to use the wrist (one of the causes of RSI), or even your arm. With the Marble you can use fingers for fine movement and you can also flick and whizz the ball for those long cursor movements. Second, while the standard mouse needs a mouse pad or a desk area in which to move, the Marble Mouse does not move - find a comfortable location for it (left or right side) and leave it there. Third, the Marble, unlike the standard mouse, does not wear out and can be cleaned easily. To clean it just pull the marble out, wipe the three marble points, put the marble back and your done. I have had my Marble Mouse for six years and it is still works like new! Fourth, when you click with a standard mouse you need to use fully extended middle fingers, whereas with the Marble you use curved fourth finger and thumb - this is important because according to the lever principle it puts less strain on the tendons and muscles. All of these may seem minor points but when you are making 100s of mouse movements a day it affects your hand and wrist. Do you have a niggling ache in your wrist (?) - its probably due to the standard mouse. The only slight downside to the Marble is that it will take you a few days to get used to it. But once you get the hang of it, the standard mouse will get the boot! Happy Marble Mousing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant & long life, 16 May 2010
This review is from: Logitech USB Marble Mouse (Accessory)
I won't try and sell you the idea of switching from a mouse to a trackerball, it's very much a personal choice. If you're reading this you want one and are trying to find a good quality product.

I've loved and abused my Logitech Marble Mouse for 3yrs now and it still performs immaculately. I recently used it to create a very detailed AutoCad drawing and it was able to draw 'precise straight lines' and manoeuvre onto individual pixels with ease. This is a really good quality product.

One minor issue is the absence of a 'third button roller selector' which is often used to switch options in games and to zoom in applications. You can approximate this function with the 3&4 buttons but you still miss it.

n.b. Gamers will find trackballs are sometimes a bit slow for first person shooters but I've never had a sore wrist from long period use.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more Mouse, 12 July 2009
J. R. Toll (South London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech USB Marble Mouse (Accessory)
A superb Trackball to use: very smooth and precise. The included software allows many programming options making this a first class item. Just be advised of the physical size of the unit if you are really short of space: it is 16.5cm long and 8.5cm wide. The ball is easily removeable for cleaning etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Close to perfection!, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Logitech USB Marble Mouse (Accessory)
Over many years I'm now on my third marble mouse. They were heavily used and it's always the cable that gives out. I've been using a marble mouse for many years now. Anyone trying one cannot dream of going back to an 'ordinary' mouse. Speed and accuracy (for a CAD programme for example) are superb and you'll save a lot of physical effort chasing around the desk too! Get one today. P.S. I do not have any connection with Logitech. This review is written purely on behalf of an excellent product.
Peter T Coombs

5.0 out of 5 stars Motionless Mouse, 3 Sep 2013
M. Lee (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech USB Marble Mouse (Accessory)
I bought this to combat severe RSI caused by use of a conventional mouse. Takes a little getting used to, but works very well. Can support wrist the whole time as no movement of Marble Mouse is required & it doesn't give you RSI. Program the right small button for auto-scroll & this gives a "scroll-wheel" function. With back button function on the small left button, you have similar control abilities as most conventional mice. Much better than a standard mouse for prolonged use. Recommended..

3.0 out of 5 stars Not right for me, 12 Aug 2011
This review is from: Logitech USB Marble Mouse (Accessory)
Seems like a good quality mouse.

My chiropractor uses one and swears by it so I think my problems are more to do with me than with the mouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential mouse, 17 Aug 2009
David Kirk (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech USB Marble Mouse (Accessory)
I've been using a Logitech Marble Mouse at home and work for many years now - so long that they're both becoming yellowed, but they still work a treat. They're ideal for RSI sufferers such as myself, and I always take great pleasure in watching other trying to use them as if they were normal mice by moving them around on the mouse mat! In conjunction with a good mouse mat with wrist rest, I'd highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Rheumatoid hands, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: Logitech USB Marble Mouse (Accessory)
I have this mouse at work and at home. My only gripe is that the spine is rather hard and it would be ideal if Logitech made the back of it in that pliable material as eventually the palm of my hand began to hurt (I have rheumatoid arthritis) I overcame this by pimping it up with some sheepskin which I velcroed to the back so that my hand is cushioned. Would prefer Logitech to make it with the cushioned material though

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 24 Nov 2009
Mr. James Sheppard (Nottinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Logitech USB Marble Mouse (Accessory)
This mouse is a decent price and looks good, but it's really not been that useful for me.

Firstly, Logitech loses points here for not updating its trackballs for years. It would be nice to have more buttons but more importantly the resolution/sensitivity is too low - nowadays decent optical mice go up to very high sensitivities and this trackball's speed is just not fast enough if you have a high resolution monitor - mine is 1680x1050 but if you have more like 1920x1200 I can imagine it would be very annoying. The resolution is not high enough for playing some games, period... but this trackball would be perfectly useable for this otherwise.

Secondly, the reason why I bought this is because I have RSI, but this hasn't helped at all and feels just as bad as a normal mouse. I tried switching hands (thinking the other is unused to the 'repetitive strain' and this is an improvement, but here we come to another flaw. The Setpoint software limits what commands you can set to each button, so whereas I had the secondary button next to left-click set as middle click when it was right handed (very useful for opening new tabs in Firefox, and games) this is not possible when the buttons are reversed. What's the point of making an ambidextrous mouse if you can't do the same things left handed as you can right handed? Using your pinky finger to use the secondary button on the other side is incredibly awkward.

The mouse is quite large and doesn't really fit my smaller hands.

A Wacom graphics tablet has made a much more effective solution for my RSI. No good for most games though...

5.0 out of 5 stars Logitech Marble Trackball, 30 Nov 2010
This review is from: Logitech USB Marble Mouse (Accessory)
I bought this because I have limited space in which to move a mouse. It works out of the box without the included software but the software allows many more button function assignments. The software installed easily in both MacOSX and Windows 7. I have used it with Linux but not explored the possibilities for button assignment thoroughly yet. The trackball is very smooth, running on three tiny spheres and tracked by a laser. It is easy to use with very little practice. The base grips the desk well by means of rubber pads. There is a click-hold function so you don't have to hold the left button down while trying to move the trackball, which I find very useful. Other functions include middle-click, auto-scroll, and various hot-key functions which can be assigned to any of the 4 buttons. It is symmetrical so works for either hand. Recommended.

Logitech USB Marble Mouse