on 25 August 2011
My battery was dispatched from Micros2u and they maybe completely innocent, but the battery i recieved was definitely a fake. Even before seeing the battery, the box was tatty and creased and was absolutely definitely not a brand new untampered box, the gold and black colouring on the box was faded and the lettering was not clear. The battery itself had a different corner notches on the plastic casing from my original (which was supplied with my camera) and from viewing photos on various websites. The black label that wraps around the battery case was peeling away from the battery. The gold hologram label on the battery case was a slighty different shade from my original and difficult to read. I returned the item with comment "suspected fake item" and was refunded in full inc return postage without question or comment.
on 2 February 2012
I bought two EN EL-12 batteries described as being from 'Nikon' via two different suppliers. A1 Deals provided one which looked like the one which accompanied my Nikon P300 camera. It was packaged in a Nikon box. It had a plastic contacts cover. It had the documentation. It looked pristine. Simpleshop2000 provided one which came in a cheap looking sealed plastic bag, no contacts cover, no box, no documentation. The lettering was faded, the contacts looked used, the hologram did not look right. I returned it and had my money refunded. Both batteries cost about the same (£22), beware.
on 15 May 2013
The battery I received was definitely a fake one. How to recognize:
- the manual looked like a bad xerox
- the hologram was poor quality, logo was barely readable
- the hologram was not placed on a white rectangle
- the hologram lacked the four notches
- print on battery was poor quality
- the edge on the upper side of the battery had different dimensions than the original battery
- the battery did not have the caved in side surface
- the fake mentioned "made in china", while the genuine battery also mentions "further processed in indonesia"
on 7 August 2011
This battery arrived promptly and seems to work quite well. I have two other Nikon batteries for my camera but this one appeared different although it is sold as Nikon.The battery cover doesn't fit properly and doesn't come with the yellow replacement label on the cover and the overal appearance is different.
It appears to fit and function ok.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 19 February 2013
Nikon branded Li-ion batteries are nearly always very expensive. Right? Well, almost.

Compared with my Nikon DSLR's cells, this much smaller 3.7v job is a fraction of the cost and so the desire/need to get cheaper unbranded ones for your Coolpix is less. Mine came with my S8200 model and despite actually getting a very cheap second one from 7 Day Shop, I've never actually had to use that one.

The Nikon one charges fairly quickly and keeps the Coolpix going for ages. Even if you use all the electronic zooming, videoing and image viewing, it'll still be going at the end of the day, even if you're not! Use it less regularly and charging will be few and far between, probably just as a top-up boost, just to make sure and before a day out.
on 29 March 2014
Item was quickly sent, well packed and in good condition, It wasn't cheap, but as it was the real thing from an official main dealer, that's as expected. It's in and working in our AW110, and doing fine so far.
If it turns out with experience that we need more spare batteries, we may consider other makes, but John Lewis where we bought the camera warned us against using anything but genuine Nikon products.
Carmarthen Cameras got the sale as they have a real shop where we could phone real camera-savvy assistants and settle any questions.('Er indoors has managed a couple or three camera shops in her time, and it was nice to get the same traditional service we used to maintain).
on 17 April 2014
Checked with seller to see if these were genuine. I was informed they were genuine, unused, but not packaged in original Nikon box. I was a little sceptical about this, but on delivery and very close inspection I am pleased with them and as sure as I can be they are original Nikon. Have used these whilst on holiday in the Artic in quite cold conditions as low as -10 C. There were no problems with the batteries and they performed as expected.
Some Duracell compatible batteries bought prior to these from a different supplier had to be returned due to a slight difference in size and shape. Camera was Nikon AW110.
on 22 May 2011
It is, and does what it says on the box.
A genuine Nikon product as promised... unlike some other sellers who try to disguise the fact that they are selling 'Nikon compatibles'
Delivery was ahead of expectations and the price was right!
on 22 July 2015
Reading the reviews before I purchased this item, I must admit I was a bit dubious, because of the number so called fake entries in the feed back archives. When I received the item I was pleasantly surprised as what I received did indeed look genuine with all the correct holograms, which I believe are hard to fake, I have used it quite a bit and recharged it a couple of times now and it is behaving exactly as I would expect it to, so if it is a fake, then it's a bloody good one. At half the price of the ones on the Nikon store it seems to be very good value and I have no issues with it what so ever and would happily buy more when I need them.
on 23 September 2012
I bought this battery after a lot of research. I have a new Nikon s9300 and felt i would need an extra battery. Jessops and other main retailers charge a fortune for the same OE product so i turned to the internet. After its first full charge it was put through its paces on a trip to Mt Snowdon, then on holiday to Spain with no charge inbetween. After a great deal of use on all modes (sport, flash, video etc) it survived for several hundred brilliant photos. For the price i can simply not see why you would look any further.