4.0 out of 5 stars Bizarre but not bad
Published on 1 July 2010 by Chinatown Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the most insane film I've ever seen
I got this DVD as a present from a fellow Japanese-film lover. I have to say, I wasn't expecting such a bizarre plot twist (or the amount of errors and plotholes) but all in all, the film was very entertaining, and we found ourselves laughing constantly at the crazy costume-changing Lolita woman...

The story moves very quickly, which was good because to be...
Published on 1 Jan 2011 by Kaa

4.0 out of 5 stars Bizarre but not bad, 1 July 2010
Chinatown Blue "cthulhoid" (S-O-T, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: X-Cross [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of the most imaginatively entertaining films I've come across recently. If you're looking for serious horror, this isn't it, despite some good gore effects and as twisted a cult as ever crawled at the heart of the plot. This is a black comedy, that still manages to be a well-crafted thriller with some very neat plotting. Yes, there are some errors (one hugely obvious, but as it comes near the end it can be overlooked in the fun of the climax). But on the whole this is very well done; funny, warped, and intriguing. There are also some very cute girl stars, if that happens to be your thing, and some of the most peculiar battle scenes ever filmed. I can honestly say it would be hard to get more entertainment for your money, especially at the current low price.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 23 Nov 2013
Grant Povey - See all my reviews
good service did everything it said on the packet and have no complaints would definately recommend them keep up the good work

3.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the most insane film I've ever seen, 1 Jan 2011
This review is from: X-Cross [2007] [DVD] (DVD)

The story moves very quickly, which was good because to be honest it's not the kind of film you want to drag out... There is relatively impressive character development considering the speed. Definitely not for anyone expecting a serious horror film, but certainly fun for a girly night in (:

5.0 out of 5 stars Mad, Mad, Mad..., 23 Aug 2010
A. FURNISS "DRAGONANDY" (WEST SUSSEX. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: X-Cross [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
Once again if you're happy with the Hollywood by-the-numbers/box-ticking school of film making this film, and Japanese films in general, is probably not for you.
What a crackingly brilliant film, I really enjoyed the rewinding of scenes to see how they connected and/or how they related to what other characters were doing at the same time. I don't recall seeing this before and it was very refreshing; like most Japanese and Far eastern cinema.
I managed to get quite attached to some of the characters but for me the highlight was the mad Goth tart with the scissor fetish and especially the fight between six foot scissors and a chainsaw; got to love those crazy brilliant Japanese!
Loved it!
More please.

3.0 out of 5 stars x-cross, 31 Aug 2011
P. A. Pratt "pappy 5600" (leicestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: X-Cross [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
I think I made a bit of aboob with this one I am not a great gore-fest freak but I think you have to be with some of this genre of film

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story, bad execution, 18 April 2010
This review is from: X-Cross [2007] [DVD] (DVD)
The film has a very god story line, but the execution is bad. I cannot believe how stupidly the producer had merge the story, when in this case simplicity would have been a success.

Dark mood, terrifying situations, and if you can put up with some mistakes is well worth it. To me was good, I learnt from the producer mistakes which are obvious.

X-Cross [2007] [DVD]
X-Cross [2007] [DVD] by Kenta Fukasaku (DVD - 2009)
Used & New from: £0.79