Item Package Quantity: 1|Change
Price:£0.83+ Free shipping

on 13 July 2010
A simple, reasonably priced and efficient lamp adaptor. However, inserting this adaptor between the lamp socket and the bulb inevitably increases the total length, a problem in some fittings. It is possible to resolve this if you can source smaller bulbs of the required wattage, such as those made by General Electric.
on 26 October 2011
Pretty simple, screw into a large screw type socket, fitted tightly and firmly when fully screwed in. The other end was a tight but fine fit for a UK bayonet lamp.

It would have been comfortable to see what the maximum wattage allowed is. Googling the manufacturers part number 401.087 finds a few other sellers listing them as "60W maximum".

That limit is about the heat output generated from the bulb so it applies to old style 60W bulbs. Any modern low energy replacement should be fine though. As Most "100W equivalent" compact fluorescent lamps only take around 20W and put out about 15W of heat.)
on 3 March 2011
This product saved a very old anglepoise lamp from the scrap heap, the original thread had all but rusted away but I managed to fit the adaptor and now with a bit of TLC it's as good as new.
5 Stars all the way...
on 2 August 2010
Lamp Socket Converter, B22 to E27

I bought a load of cheap Phillips Long Life Energy Saving bulbs with BC cap - these goodies enabled me to use tyhem up in my ES Spotlight ceiling lights.
Of, course now the bulbs are cheap; available in ES caps!
Makes the converted bulb a little long!
Does what it says on the tin.
DGL
on 11 March 2014
Adapater that was delivered was a G10 fitting rather than a B22 fitting.
As it's come all the way from Malaysia, seems a bit much to send it back and have the correct one shipped out - especially since it was only 99p
Other reviews indicated the correct fitting was supplied, so probably an honest mistake.
Score reflects the cost, against the product and delivery - unfortunately just not the right product!
on 27 February 2014
This came with Chinese postage stamps on it and took quite a while. The cost of sending it must surely have been higher than the total charged so it makes no sense to me. No markings on the product and I am used to seeing various European stamps on electrical items these days. So far I have not attempted to use it.

It does look just as shown. Mine rattles a little.
on 7 November 2011
Thank goodness this adapter exists.
In my work I actually NEED to use a tungsten bulb to provide just a little heat....It's for speeding up the drying time for modelling putty.
Sooooo.....I'd stocked up on a number of bayonet fitting 40W bulbs that fitted into my old drying lamp.....Sadly this lamp gave up the ghost recently after YEARS of service.
Didn't think there would be any problem....Just buy a new lamp.....UH OH !....You don't seem to be able to buy this type of lamp anymore...Unless it has a screw fitting.....But using this adapter, the problem is solved, and my stockpile of old style bulbs won't go to waste now.
As has been mentioned...the bulb WILL be pushed forward by an inch or so by the adapter....From my point of view that's no problem in the slightest !

Cheers - Phil.
on 24 September 2011
Very good little gadget - does the trick and will save me money in the long run. I would recommend it.
on 12 May 2010
Had 4 ES fittings for which I was finding it difficult to find ES lamps though the equivalent BC lamps were easily available. This converter enabled me to use the BC lamps.
on 25 November 2013
This item backed up the old adage ' you get what you pay for'. It was cheap and it melted after very little use. Got a better but dearer one in my corner shop.