5.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Says On the Tin!
Published on 7 July 2011 by Molsternator1

1.0 out of 5 stars just didn't work
i was really hoping that this product would solve the issue of my soundbar not having enough ports but unfortunately it just didn't work, spent ages trying differnt ways of connecting the cables but no matter what i tried nothing, amazon service was amazing though as always.
Published 2 months ago by DEANO

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What It Says On the Tin!, 7 July 2011
This review is from: Cable Mountain TOSlink 3.5mm Digital Optical 3 Way Selector Unit (Accessory)
I have been looking for an optical switch so that I could connect my PS3, Xbox 360 and my TV to my surround sound system, which only has 1 optical input. I have read lots of peoples reviews for items that are very similar to this one (some look identical but are going under a different manufacturer and product name!) and there seemed to be a big difference in the quality of the product that people have recieved. Some say theirs was great, but lots of others have said that theirs was rubbish (internal optical connections out of alignment, sound dropping out, that type of thing). So I was quite dubious about ordering as it seems to be luck of the draw wether you got a good one or a bad un'.

I noticed this particular one had all good reviews although there where only a few (7 at time of ordering!) but it had only been available on Amazon more recently than the others, so I gave it a shot.

The one that I recieved is just as you should expect: it works. You have to remember to squeeze the selector before you turn it, and it locks firmly into position with a satisfying 'clunk'. The connections are solid and I've had no problems with sound. It is quite cumbersome with 4 optical cables connected, but that is unavoidable with this type of cable and is completely acceptable. I recommend you buy this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!!!, 3 Mar 2011
Bought this because I didn't like having to keep swapping my optical connections from my PS3 & Freesat box. It does what it says on the tin. Also delivery was very quick and delivered before the estimated date. Great service!!! Would definitely order from Cable Mountain again. Well Done!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Toslink switch, 6 April 2010
K. Bates "Kev and Kerryanne" (Caistor, Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
This has been invaluable in my situation and performs exceedingly well. Excellent quality, excellent price and excellent service.

1.0 out of 5 stars just didn't work, 21 May 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Turtle Beach And PS4, 8 Jun 2014
I bought this as I use my Turtle Beach PX5's with PC and PS4, and switching the digital audio cable between them each time got annoying.

I came across this product and was slightly reluctant to purchase it because of all the low reviews. However I thought I'd decide for myself and purchase it. I'm glad I did! Just a turn of the knob and the sound switches between PC and PS4 perfectly.

One thing to note is the size. Its almost as big as PS4 controller! This may put some people off however it was all good for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk - binned it, 5 Feb 2014
This didn't work for a second, it is cheap but so are potatoes and they will have the same effect as this on your audio setup..none.

ended up getting the LINDY 2 Way TosLink Digital Optical Audio Switch - it cost but it works great.

3.0 out of 5 stars juries out, 23 Feb 2010
S. Bond "raging1" (newcastle) - See all my reviews
connected with no problems and worked fine for a couple of weeks then it seemed to stop working and a day later started again! havnt had any problems since and that was 3 weeks ago so i'm not sure about it yet!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars spot on, 5 Dec 2009
D. James (uk) - See all my reviews
this is the only one that has lasted had others in the past.works great dont use cheap leads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
Fast delivery and the item is of good quality

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly for gaming headsets!, 1 Jun 2014
I bought this to easily switch sound going to my Astro A40s/mix amp pro from my ps3 and ps4 so i didnt have to get behind my playstations to switch my optical cable between consoles.

I was a bit worried about buying as i saw mixed reviews, some saying it was brilliant and others saying it was terrible and to avoid buying. I thought i would just give it a go as it was only the price it was and if it was really bad, i could send it back - no worries.

I'm glad i listened to the good reviews as it works great. No noise, and it makes a reassuring clunk when you switch. I couldn't ask for any better really. Although, it's slightly bigger than expected!