on 11 August 2010
Its a wand, its magic, and it looks great! My five year old son is a little concerned however that, despite constant trying, he has yet to turn his sister in to a goat.
on 22 October 2013
I was going to save it for his Christmas stocking, but I decided to give it to him at the weekend to cheer him up after he fell over. And we have had days of magic spells and magic tricks and laughing. He's actually sleeping with this wand by his bed right now.

It's made of a good, solid plastic and arrived very quickly in good packaging. These would make great gifts for a magic themed party or a party which had a magician as entertainment.

Highly recommend both the item and the seller.
on 29 February 2012
This very inexpensive addition to my sons toy collection has been used for several hundred different games that he can make-up. From a wand to a prodder, you can't go wrong for the price and is an invaluable part of dress up.
on 21 December 2014
Although I didn't expect this wand to be more than a black plastic stick with white ends as on the photograph, the loose white ends and the elastic up the inside, indicate that it does do something. There are instructions but the translation is such gibberish we can't work out what on earth they mean - "1. Stick with the left hand, right hand magic want secretly pulled a small white hood, trapped between the index and middle finger. 2. Left off the stick of black rubber, palm open stretch out along the rod body to the other side of Rafah. Rafah fixed. Stock with the thumb pressed body, the attention of this balck rubber band to hide in the small Want behind not let the audience see, viewers have only seen the thumb you can use the small plain magic wand. 3. Told the audience along with you because performing magic, small Wand also has been magical power to secretly slowly loosened the thumbs up Wand small balck rubber band through the vertical tension slowly rising, the attention moves to add exercises. Wand samll increase in the more homogeneous, and the audience was more magical. 4. Wand to rise the certain height, press the top of the stick with the left hand, vertical press, resume to the originally position, namely repeatable performance. 5. When finish perfoman, you can waving the magic stick and loose the white cover between finger in the dark. Note. This stick can be used for performing other magic, EX three cups and balls, magic pops, etc."

Still what can you expect for 99p and we're sure our grandson with enjoy waving it about and saying "Abracadabra"
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 December 2013
These wands are not actually magic. I was very confused when I tried to run a children's magic show and they didn't work. Still nice as a prop but if you are a Harry Potter wannabe don't bother - go pick up a stick!
on 5 January 2014
This went very well with Melissa & Doug's Deluxe Magic Set. Although there is a small wand in the set, I noticed it was this one my grand daughter used.
on 21 January 2012
This is a very durable toy.
Bougfht for my budding magian granddaughter charlie(6).
Everything as dissapeared...i bet you can't make the plate of dinner disappear?
OH yes she can!!
Great transaction very fast delivery. three little taps and there it was!
on 15 May 2013
We had a Wizard entertainer for our little boys birthday party and I got these to go in the kiddies party bags. They were perfect for the themed wizards party & went down well with the kids. They do come apart though, so like every item like this you really need to supervise play as the ends are small and twist off quite easily.
on 30 November 2011
good quality and also a cheap gift good seller kept the kids quiet for a bit and for the price i cant complain
on 6 May 2011
This was supposed to be the final piece in the jigsaw.

This was supposed to be the culmination of years of thankless study and ridicule.

This was supposed to be the moment of my revenge.

I'd drawn the chalk pentagram, bought the big candles, dressed up in the robe and secured 10ccs of mouse blood. A magic wand was all I needed.

With excited, delicate hands I unwrapped the elongated package that arrived from Toyday Traditional & Classic Toys last week and, with breathless tension, descended to my cellar where everything had been prepared.

The wand felt good in my hand. It's striking, monochromatic colouring seemed to embody the duality of good and evil that would be in the room tonight. It's smooth shaft and hard edges were the Yin and Yang of order and chaos. And so, with a brief whispering of ancient paper, I turned the page and began the incantation.

As I chanted, the candles began to flutter in some eldritch breeze. A curious, hot smell filled the air and I had to swallow to release the pressure that was building in my ear drums.

A deep, visceral rumble shook the walls around me, old flakes of yellowing paint drifting to the ground like decaying snow.

And suddenly, there in front of me, He appeared. I cannot describe what he looked like. I cannot describe the feeling that blinded my mind like an explosion of light on a dark night. I cannot remember much of what happened next.

But when I came to, He was gone. And all that was left of the Magic Wand from Toyday Traditional & Classic Toys was a melting pool of plastic, burning into my skin where I lay collapsed on the floor.

I didn't tell the hospital where my third degree burns came from. And I haven't told anyone about what happened that night. Except you, dear Amazon reader. So heed my warning. He is still out there - unbound by the chains I'd hoped to summon, free from the laws with which I sought to bind him. Chaos is abroad. Lock your doors. And pray.

However, I found the customer service at Toyday Traditional & Classic Toys to be excellent, and they shipped me a replacement wand the very next day. Would definitely buy again. Highly recommended.

P.S. Please report any sightings to me on Twitter at @richardbeer