on 28 December 2008
Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell (Nintendo DS)

Really very good, I am enjoying playing it immensely! The graphics are gorgeous and the game play is not too complicated (although I am an adult so have no excuses!!)

I bought this game for a bit of a fun diversion while I am studying and it was a good choice.

Tinkerbell is really cute and you get to fly her around, talk to other fairies and assist with the season changes by collecting items either by looking for them or playing games with the other fairies who give you the items for helping them decorate ladybirds or collect dewdrops.

Also as a reward for helping change the season the Minister for that season will also give you a gift of clorhing so you collect other little dresses that you can change Tink into which is kind of fun!

Apparently now I have been through a complete set of seasons I will be able to start making my own clothes and even start giving them to the other fairies (they will start wearing your designs in the game which is really cool!) So this is next for me - I only had to turn it off today as I got the battery warning on the DS :(

The only thing I will mention, is not exactly a negative, but something to watch for anyhow, is that you do need to be able to read as a lot of the instructions are written as are the conversations with the other fairies where you get importnat instructions. My niece is almost 8 and I wouldn't give it to a child any younger than her because of this reading element.

I would recommend this game to anyone who loves Tinkerbell and the Disney Fairies and enjoys colourful and well thought out (and cute) game play - I am looking forward to playing the rest of the game.
33 comments|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2009
I am 8 and I love this game to bits!!! It is one of my favourite games I have on my Ds so far ( even though I like all of them). There is alot of reading to do so if your child is young make sure they can read quite well.

On Tinkerbell Tink has her own home. Close to Tinks house there is her workshop which is were she can fix items and make jewellery. You help the minister of each season prepare for for it. There are fun places to explore. You can help the fairies too. Some of the fairies let you play mini games. You can dress up Tinkerbell in the clothes you want.

I love this game and so will you!!!
on 30 December 2008
This is a lovely game with really cute graphics. As the other reviewer said there is a lot of reading which makes it unsuitable for really young children to play alone which is a shame, although you can read for them while they play. My 8 year old can read it by herself but her younger sister can't. (6) I would recommend getting with the DVD as it is a lovely film. I enjoyed watching it as an adult.
on 3 January 2009
Ok, I admit it - I'm 26 years old. Obviously, this game is aimed at a much younger audience, but I still love it. The graphics are gorgeous and there are all sorts of little things to discover. I find it a lovely, relaxing game to play of an evening. In response to those commenting on the age of child the game is intented for, the age guide refers to the content of the game, like a film age certificate. All 3+ means is that the game won't contain anything offensive. Many of the 'brain training' and puzzle games have this age classification but are obviously far too hard for a young child to attempt.
33 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 May 2009
You can make clothes out of fruit, and when its somebodies birthday they do a big party, and its breath taking. When its winter in real life, it snows. When its christmas, they dress up and when its halloween they dress up to. From silk worms you can make thread to make clothes. The graphics are breath taking, it looks very realistic and the fairies look very realistic. You can make your own clothes, put the dots on the ladybirds, give a seed to the fairies, give presents to the fairies to make the fairy your friend, and when you make them your friend they give you a magic fairy book. You can save in your house, when you do a bit more of the game you can make some jewellery. Its beautiful and breath taking, play the dewdrops game, and if a caterpillar lands in your basket it eats a bit if it, if its three caterpillars the game is over and your basket has been eaten, that on normal and hard mode. Its a wonderful game. :-))
on 6 April 2009
I bought this game for my 7 year old daughter. I am so glad I did as it is her favorite game. It has been played and played. I would agree it is only suitable for children who can read (my 5 year old is just not interested in it). A very good game for a girly girl!
on 10 January 2010
I love this game, or I would if I could play it alone! I bought it for my 4 year old, who cannot read yet, but she loves it so we have to play it together. The graphics are lovely and the amount of detail amazing. However it is too hard for the younger ones. I find it hard to create a map in my mind of where all the fairies live and who I've got to visit to do something. I went to the jewel mine once and I'm blowed if I can find it again (and I have a PhD!!!). My daughter loves it and will sit with me for an hour playing together, with me directing the play and her giving appropriate seeds to fairies and helping with the tasks. The DS is great, but you get neck ache after a while sharing it! A lovely game that I would play myself, but there is an awful lot of complicated (i.e. not cat, mat, dog) reading for young children.
on 5 November 2011
I agree with other low-star reviewers -- this game takes a while to figure out how to play and all the reading required can make this game hard work for grown-ups. BUT I have to give my 3-4yo credit. She stuck with it and "plays" the game very well now, just like another mother told me happened with her pre-schooler.

I would say, though, if you're going to buy a TB game, go for the Lost Treasure or the Fairy Rescue one! They DEFINITELY made improvements in the 2nd and 3rd versions and are MUCH more enjoyable to play. One major difference is that instead of needing to READ where to go next and then spending ages trying to figure out how to GET there, you can shortcut the procedure with a couple taps of the stylus! Showing your child the shortcut is a huge frustration-reliever for all involved!!
on 1 February 2011
Well I read and read about this game to make sure Tinker Bell would have lots of dresses and accessories to change. And it is true, the best game ever played at our house. The game is date and time related so the sets change accordingly: it will be sunny and with a rainbow sky by day, and starry if you play at night. Also, there are lots of actual events that will make all the 28 fairys to change their costumes and change the gifts they offer Tinker Bell. The 3d characters are very well built and this one I consider a very intelligent game. Girls will have lots of tasks to do, sometimes sequential tasks (you have to do something first to get what you want) and all of them very easy. My daughter is 5 years old, does not speak or read English yet (we are Portuguese) and she has already learned all the menus, places, names, gifts, actions, tasks, everything there is to know. It teaches them that it pays nicely to work hard, to share gifts and to pay attention to what others specifically want. The best rewarding game! Everything you do gets a reward. I do recommend for girls who like DS games, but also like fashion clothing, accessories, shoes, gemstones, etc. Only Tinker Bell is "customizable", but hey! she is the leading actress!
on 1 March 2009
Bought this for my youngest daughter who is just learning to read. She was put off by the amount of text, but her 6 year old sister loves the game. Gorgeous graphics and overall a great game for older kids.

See one answered question