Format: DVD|Change

on 11 March 2008
The Girls are back in this 4th installment of the classic unforgettable seris, the stories are great the jokes are brilliant and the way they tackle the sensitivity of controversial subjects through the comedic aspect is brilliant, theres episodes that deal with homosexuality,isolation,growing old,Aids and many more controversial things but its always done well and never loses the element of comedy.
its great and if you like me have season 1 2 3 then definetly get number 4. im only 20 years old but i remember golden girls its hard to forget a great classic like this. the girls look great and the adventures are super.
the set is always warm and watching it kinda fills you with warmth and relaxes you i went through season 4 while sick at home with the flu and i never felt better.
its an excellent catch so catch it while you can.
GO FOR THE GOLD.
on 15 August 2008
The whole seven seasons of this wonderful sitcom had been released in the States long ago.
For some reason only the first three seasons were released in Europe or in region 2 format.
With season 4 being released now, all fans of "The golden Girls" we have hope that the full series will be available to us sooner rather than later.
Please, don't miss it!! It is wonderful comedy!!!!!
on 8 September 2008
To answer a couple of comments from earlier reviews. Seasons 4 & 5 (& 6 in November), Region 2, with English dialogue have been available in Germany for a while, and can be bought from Amazon.de

I have the German versions of 4 & 5, and yes there is a slight lip synching problem with Disc 3 of Saeson 4, but its not enough to spoil the few episodes it happens on. So maybe, the disc wasn't mastered correctly in the first place?

Anyway, its a great series, only 3 more UK series releases to go, and one more in Germany after Season 6 comes out in November.
Given the age of this series I was expecting it to have run its course and aged like the actresses, how wrong I was. I have watched many comedy shows from the 80s and the humour was topical and good at the time, but is no longer relevant. With the Golden Girls, the jokes, wit , quips and sarcasm are just as fresh today as it was when the show first aired.

I would never have thought that I could watch a sitcom that started in the mid 80's and was based around 4 women in their golden years all living in the same house. Yet from the first episode to the last it had me regularly laughing and always looking forward to the next episode.

There is a perfect cast and each play their roles in such a believable way. Rose - dippy, Blanche - man mad, Dorothy - sarcastic, and Sophia (Dorothy's mother) - plotting schemes to make a fast buck.

It isn't a show that will have you rolling around on the floor, but it is one that will make you chuckle and feel happy, warm and fuzzy.
on 9 February 2010
First of all, I am so happy that the episodes are uncut! For years, I never really understood the conversation Rose had with her younger sister Holly in the episode "Little Sister" - this was in syndication on Lifetime in the US. Now that it is clear the syndicated version cut out big parts of the conversation, it finally makes sense on the DVD! Now for the bad news. I have seasons 1, 2 and 3 (bought in Finland, also region 2) and the menus are perfect. I'm not sure if I got a bad copy or not, but there seems to be a slight delay in the menus and when I switch back to the menu from an episode. To me, however, it's not really not worth exchanging it for another copy, even if it is just a manufacturing flaw for the set that I have. Maybe it's supposed to be like that. Other than that I'm happy with it!
on 5 September 2008
Why is this DVD not on sale from AMAZON, it was only released the other day, disc 3 seems to have a fault the lip sync is out (voices do not match the actors mouths, any one else have this problem?????
on 9 November 2009
The Golden Girls has to be one of the funniest comedy series ever produced.
Non stop laughter from beginning to end and even references to obscure ( from a British point of view ) US TV shows/personalities do not detract from the inherent humour.
The characters are superb and work so well together with as much laughter from the facial expressions as from the actual dialogue itself.
A truly international comedy series which I thoroughly recommend.
on 4 February 2009
I love The Golden Girls...especially Sophia....her one liners simply have me in hysterics! From Rose's innocence to Blanche's belief that she is the most attractive women to grace the planet!! The Golden Girls has it all and I cannot wait for Series 5 to become available for some more Golden classics and many more laughs.
on 14 September 2008
Somebody shall be able to give the list of all subtitles and the list of all languages in season 4, the one that is sold in region 2. I shall want to give a gift has my brother. I bought the saison 2 and saison 3 on Amazon because there were all subtitles and languages. Thank you for anwsers.
on 11 July 2009
i am always a big fan of the golden girls iuse to watch the series on tv at every opportunity now thanks to amazon i buy the box sets and watch at my own leisure and pleasure and laugh out loud without interuption from advertisement.golden girl girls is a wonderful comedy series join the girls and have a belly full of laugh its a guarantee