on 11 November 2009
I was looking for a large biscuit cutter that some pupils with co-ordination problem could use at school to cut out dough & decorate. We have tried this cutter with 4 different dough recipes and none came out whole of the cutter once pressed into the dough. The divides in the cutter cut the biscuit so far across the shape it tears the dough. One hole does not allow enough fingers to carefully push the dough out of the silcone cutter. we have made about 60 biscuit and have 1 complete! It was a complete waste of school budget and I feel very cross such an item is allowed to be sold fit for use.
The pupils have enjoyied the eating the spoils! but now they are cutting around a laminated shape with table knives to make large tree biscuits. Too difficult for those with poor cordination in the class.
on 16 May 2014
Pretty good size, makes the cut out shape in pastry / biscuit mix and then impressed in to that or icing topping...great treat for the children/ grand children...in May!.....now washed and put away for use a bit later in the year!
on 25 June 2010
Bought this for my wife so she could use it for work, she's only used it once, found it didn't cut the mustard!! Dont buy, its rubbish.
on 28 November 2013
I brought these cutters to use with my students who have extremely poor fine motor skills. Having spent the day making Cheesy Christmas tree and gingerbread biscuits I can only say they work a treat. The design also is sturdy enough not to be bent by heavy hands! A must for Food Tech teachers in a SEN setting.
on 16 November 2015
shape doesn't stay once cut
on 6 December 2015