5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime
Published on 28 Oct. 2008 by Steve

3.0 out of 5 stars Good In Places, But A Little Bland Too
Will has his sights set high, that's for sure, especially where attempting to break the shackles of his Pop Idol beginnings are concerned, and be taken on his own terms as a 'serious' musical artist. The good news is 'Let It Go' is a very strong indication that he's succeeding admirably, although of course this doesn't altogether come without a few sacrifices here and...
Published on 30 Sept. 2008 by Jervis

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 28 Oct. 2008
Steve (South coast) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Go (Audio CD)
Its difficult to find the words to describe this album, and I'm not good at expressing myself. But for anyone with a real love of music and a desire to listen to an album that will reach in and touch your soul, this is the one. Some of the tracks are simply wonderful, others more than that. When I first heard 'Tell me the worst' I had to stop the car. Its a wonder to me that Will is not yet a worldwide star. His voice and his talent are outstanding, and this album is a superb showcase for him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let It Go - A Journey Into Pop Soul R`n`B Heaven, 1 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Let It Go (Audio CD)
And so 7 years on Will Young continues his journey. In the same week as his 4th studio album Let It Go is released Sony/ATV Music Publishing have re-signed him, making a new global multi-album deal with this talented artist. Also stating his growth as a songwriter has been incredible, and he has become an accomplished singer/songwriter, a world class superstar.

Sony/ATV also focus on him being a songwriter for other artists too, as his development in his songwriting skills has been immense. No further explanation is necessary on Will Young`s writing abilities. He has also written profound articles for the broadsheets The Guardian and The Times.

Let It Go is a pleasurable, identifiable album, with strong realistic lyrics and beautiful orchestral melodic and uplifting arrangements. It is an array of mid-placed pop soul r `n` b gems, and crosses the cultural, gender, and generation divide.

Will has co-written 11 of the 13 tracks with some of the best writers and producers in the business, including the legendary Steve Lipson Eg White Biff Stannard Mike Spencer Karen Poole Matt Prime also the Freemasons mix on the brilliant track `I Wont Give Up`.

His gifted voice is never faltering, and should not be compared to any other artist. He has his own distinctive inimitable sound and style of performance. It is as it says on the label, Will Young. He is just being who he is, Will Young.

There are so many stand-out tracks on Let It Go. For me, particularly Will`s next confirmed single `Grace `written by Will and Matt Prime (they wrote `Free`together on Fridays Child) It has a huge orchestral arrangement with a gospel choir that gloriously builds and builds as it goes along. It has an instant hook in the chorus, that you will be singing and jiggy along to. It will leave you breathless.

Other personal favourites as well as `Grace` and `Changes` are `Love` (six and a half minutes of pure pop disco heaven) `Won`t Look Down` `Tell Me The Worst` `I Won`t Give Up` (the Freemasons mix) `You Don`t Know` (Will wrote this with a very talented lady called Sia) `Let It Go``If love Equals Nothing``Simple Philosophy` (I think this would have made an apt title for the album) however, I am sure Will has his own reasons to name it Let It Go.

To conclude it is a very personal album about what life throws at you good or bad, and has a positive outlook.

As an experienced actor Will is telling you a story, he makes you believe. It`s like reading a book, watching a play or film, he draws you in into his world.

BBC Music summarise their Let It Go album review by saying ..... "Generation-straddling perfection from one of our premier pop statesmen".

And rightly so, this album has world-wide appeal, and is sung with conviction by a world class performer.

Go buy it, it will forever be on your player....

5.0 out of 5 stars PURE GENIUS, 2 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Let It Go (Audio CD)
I have been waiting so patiently - well almost, for this outstanding 4th album from WiLL Young. I recommend you buy it!!

CHANGES ***** This track we can adhere to when we feel as if we're stuck in a rut. Wanting to make life changes. Don't we all kinda feel like this sometimes ... Fab song.

GRACE **** Funky cool song about someone who needs to alter their selfish ways because they are doing what they want and they're not being fair to those around them who needs them desperately... Another fave of mine.

WON'T LOOK DOWN ***** Beautiful sweet lyrics about a lost love and wanting things to be better next time... Genius

TELL ME THE WORST **** You could imagine WiLL sat holding your hand - kind of in the same way as he does in the All time love video. Wanting you to pour out your heart to him and he will listen and help you. Tell me yours and I'll tell you mine - thoughts, hopes, desires and scares. 'I wrote this song about you.' .... It could've been written for, anyone of us?

I WON'T GIVE UP ***** Wanting to help 'cos his friend feels alright - but isn't. 'You might need love - someday.' .... 'You don't see it but you might need me.' Can we relate to this? Yes perhaps we can. Starts off slowly then builds into a lively funky track ... I love it.

DISCONNECTED ***** Pure class this is. Heartwenching and beautiful. 'Love should be easier, should be the time of our lives.' Another track to set your thoughts riding on reasons for a romance on the verge of breakdown.

IF LOVE EQUALS NOTHING ***** It's about going back time and time again to a bad relationship that's not going anywhere. 'If love equals nothing but sadness and pain. Why do I need it time and time again. When it builds me up high and then drops me to the floor beating me, cheating me,
(still.........) I come back for more.'.... PURE CLASS., love this very much.

LOVE ***** My fave from the entire album. It's funky, fun, but sad and so 70's disco with a modern touch. Six minutes of brilliance, you too will fall in love with LOVE. (sorry if that sounds cheesy haha.) 'It's like a pain inside a pleasure and you know you're in love.' ... 'It's warm, it's like a drug it's dragging me down. I let it get hold of me.' ... Believe me, IT'S - Fabulous!!

SIMPLE PHILOSOPHY **** Wakes up feeling great, but ugh, hungover from the great previous night. Met someone and arranged a date, but will he keep it? he says, 'No I bet I don't.' My interpretation is about trying to be happy, just wanting to keep life simple and intact with no problems, no one to change one, and just living your life in a peaceful contented way.

LET IT GO ***** Is so very emotional/heartwrenching. The whole song is well written and WiLLs vocals are so graceful and beautiful. This song stirs the emotions sets your mind thinking about the stressful things in life, he's telling you to let go - so go de-stress yourself.

ARE YOU HAPPY ***** How funky - sets the toes tapping, the fingers strumming and the head nodding in time to the beat. How is this relationshiip working? Never talking, always falling out but are you happy? are you happy with me? Great lyrics - always something here ... Love this song.

YOU DON'T KNOW ***** How gorgeously beautiful is this! 'You don't know what you do for me - I was all alone - I was nearly gone - You don't know - when you carried me - took my broken bones and put them back together.' About your life being saved from the brink by the hero/heroine.

FREE YOUR MIND *** A slow - sad, haunting, peaceful song. About a failed relationship, perhaps still yearning for. Hopeful for the future, looking forward.

5.0 out of 5 stars yet another corker!, 7 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Let It Go (MP3 Download)
totally love this new album offering from will young. you can rely on his catchy tunes and hook chorus, to have you humming this within hours. and at £3 for a download, you cannot argue with genuis

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC ALBUM!, 2 Oct. 2008
Mrs. P. Smith "threepence" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Go (Audio CD)
I never thought that Will could bring another stunner out of the bag, but he has, with this fantastic all round Pop album. EVERY song has a story with such thoughtful meaningful words, together with beautiful music performed by my favourite singer - the outstanding Will Young!

Will's voice is utter joy to listen to. He doesn't just sing a song, but puts each one in a lovely little package that should be wrapped up and tied with a lovely red ribbon!

How this man comes up with this album that is so different from his previous 3 albums really astounds me! He seems to re-invent himself Madonna-like each time. I also love the way he accompanies himself, and can go from low to high key with such beautiful tones and meaning. He is an incredible singer that can make my skin tingle, and please be aware anybody that has had a broken relationsip - some of these songs will stir your emotions and play with your heartstrings.........

Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful - I cannot praise album number 4 enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic - long awaited, 8 Oct. 2008
Alison L. Humphries "pysalh" (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
Let It Go
This is a brilliant CD, Will has excelled himself again and there isn't one track that I don't like. I bought it on the strength of Changes, but all the tracks are great. I just keep playing it over and over in the car as loud as my son can put up with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly perfect, 16 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Let It Go (Audio CD)
I cannot say enough about how beautiful this album is. It is sweet, soulful, sad & uplifting all at the same time. It just gets better the more you listen to it & is a complete, joyful experience. I have always enjoyed Will but for me, this is his best album to date, with his music and voice sounding more mature. Get one for yourself - then get one for anyone getting over a broken heart - trust me, they will thank you for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A ' Must Have', 3 Oct. 2008
Barbara Aylott (North Herts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Go (Audio CD)
Well, as I'm a big fan of Wills generally I bought this album as soon as I was able. I hadn't heard many of the tracks & on the first couple of plays I admit I wasn't really too sure. I loved the last album Keep On and this is quite a bit different to that one. A bit 'lighter' I think. There is, as usual with Wills albums, a good mix of upbeat and those romantic songs he does so well. Sometimes I find the mellow tracks can sound a little bit twee, but not this time. These tracks are outstanding, mature yet lovely.....
Then theres the more mid-tempo ones. I adore Grace which will be his second single release. A cracking track, my favourite I think, Love too is another you can bop around to. There were a few others which left me feeling a bit undecided but now I've had a chance to play them all through more than a few times the album has really grown on me. The first of Wills that I can say hand on heart that theres absolutely nothing on it I dislike. The ones I was unsure of I now love - Tell Me The Worst is a song that melts your heart as soon as you hear the opening lines, just beautiful

This one is going to be a favourite for a long time & if you're a bit unsure - give it a go...you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars will young let it go is a future classic its fab!!, 20 Aug. 2008
Mr. S. L. Smith "musicman" (england carlisle cumbria) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Go (Audio CD)
ive allready done a review on this album but thats a few weeks ago now i feel i have to say how fab this album is ive read alot of reviews and very glad people have given him 5stars or 4 and that most people appreciate and get this album its fab a bit of everything here he can even sing dance/pop check love wow!! latin jazz check are you happy which gets my toes tapping lol!! some people have called this bland i dont think so its not as complicated as the album keep on its more about melody and the lyrics which i feel are very personal to will and i can relate to alot of it myself and i feel his voice sounds so mature and smooth he has found his creative sound and what he is good at this will become a classic believe me!! standout tracks for me Grace.wont look down,tell me the worst,Disconnected,if love equals nothing,Love wow!!,are you happy funky!!,you dont know and even changes is growing on me more and more but the whole album i love with apperances from the freemasons pop/dance group there good!! well what you waiting for buy it!! the date above is wrong on here what have are they doing lol this review suppose too be september i bought this for my birthday out of my birthday money lol!!

5.0 out of 5 stars surprise, 7 Dec. 2008
P. Burley (East Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Let It Go (MP3 Download)
I was apprehensive about getting the album - I thought it might be commercial tosh.
Amazed! It is great, many of the tracks are quite jazz/funky in style, real foot tapping.
Delighted it has become part of my collection - even put it on my phone.

Let It Go
Let It Go by Will Young (Audio CD - 2008)