on 3 May 2010
This is the best of the several point & shoot cameras we've had. It takes great quality photos that can be blown up to a large size thanks to the 10MP.
* Lots of features/several shooting options that can help you with set up so that the image is good.
* Nice big screen (but not too big) so you can clearly see what you're shooting
* Compact but solid (ours has been dropped several times without incident!)
* SDHC format, so no probs with memory cards
* Takes good movies too with good sound pickup
* Green mode for kids to use - this makes the camera into the simplest point and shoot, perfect for a 9ish year old kid to find her feet with photography
* Good face recognition - the square even goes green so you know your faces aren't over-exposed
* OK for the more experienced photographer though you lack control over focus which can sometimes give disappointing results in close up/macro modes
* Eats its batteries, you'll definitely need a back up, though we bought a cheap generic one and it works fine with both charger & camera
All in all, a very good buy and for the two "cons" I've found, the pros more than outweigh them, so I would highly recommend it if you're looking for something that takes really great photos but is essentially just a point-and-shoot.
0 of 1 people found the following review helpful
on 18 December 2009
We bought this M60 in June. Its easy to use and takes some great photos. The only problem is that it only lasted 6 months before it started making whirring noises and now doesn't work at all.
We need to find a replacement to match the spec on the M60 for the same price but its very tricky!