Published 14 months ago by C. Ether

1.0 out of 5 stars No reliable
I bought three splitter and switches but I have problem with all of them. They look good and seem to have been built to be robust but when it comes to performance they do not live up to expectation.
First of all this item was very expensive so I expected it to have been tested thoroughly. With this model the connections work okay but the adaptor connection has lost...
Published on 28 Dec. 2009 by Someone

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as described, quick delivery and GREAT customer service, 8 Jan. 2014
C. Ether (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Neet® - 2 Way HDMI SPLITTER BOX 1x2 Port (1 input 2 output) - Active Amplifier -1080p Full HD - Display HD on 2 TVs - ** 3D ENABLED ** - Free Shipping (Electronics)
I bought this product to split the signal from my UK Sky box, out to my Xbox One (which then goes on to the TV) and directly to my TV (an LG 55LA660V). This was so we had the option of watching TV, without having the Xbox One turned on. Don't get me wrong, having the TV pass-through option on the new Xbox One (thus allowing voice controls and seamless integration with the other features of the console), is a great feature. However, sometimes you just want to watch TV and the Xbox does not pass the signal on when turned off. There are also currently some bugs that need to be ironed out by Microsoft, but that will come good with an update in the near future I am sure.

Before ordering, I contacted the seller Neet via Amazon, to check that my proposed use of the product would work. Danny from Neet replied literally within 3 minutes (sent 13:35, reply by 13:38)! He was honest and said that in theory it should work, but admitted that they had not tried that exact setup due to the Xbox One being so new. He also said that I was welcome to try the unit and return it for a full refund if it did not work. I purchased the item on Saturday 4th January and it was delivered in 1 working day (Tuesday 7th January). It works absolutely fine and I have no complaints. It does get pretty hot when in use, but so do most other items in my media cupboard.

Having read some of the many reviews on Amazon, I have to say some of the “negative” comments and ratings seem unfair at best. For example the gentleman who felt “ripped off” (20th Mar 2013), when Neet were trying to help him troubleshoot his problem. At least 0 out of 7 people have so far found his review helpful. As for Mr “Way too bright” (22 Nov 2013); come on, one star because the LED’s are too bright (on a product that works)??? They are actually quite bright, but it’s no big deal. Put a bit of tape over the lights, or tuck it behind the TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent products, 2 Feb. 2011
I have a Virgin V+ HD box to a 40" Samsung HD TV downstairs, A Samsung 26" HD TV upstairs.
Now Virgin in their infinite wisdom only put one HDMI output on my HD box, so to get around getting cable TV upstairs I used a Digisender via the Scart output of the V+ box, which was 'fine' but turn the microwave on or the Xbox on and the signal from the Digisender to the TV was interrupted, also i couldn't get the tv guide or OSD from the V+ box on the upstairs TV.

So I bought a Neet 2 way HDMI splitter, 2 x 1m and 1 x 15m High-Speed Neet HDMI cables.
Plugged everything in, downstairs TV worked fine, upstairs seemed fine, then noticed interference to the sound, it would intermittenly 'drop out'.
So did some investigating i.e. reset the Neet box, swapped the outputs, still the same!

Plugged the 15m cable directly into the V+ box to the TV upstairs, still the same!
Finally, rebooted the V+ box hey presto, works perfectly. Plugged the splitter back in and now both TV's have great picture and sound.

Bit of a long review I know but just thought I'd add my experience just incase anyone else had issues.

One last thing, I order these products yesterday lunchtime 01/02/2011 and they arrived this morning 02/02/2011, speedy delivery, thank you.

*Edit* - 26-07-2014 - Ok so I'm just adding an update to this review, after 3 and a half years, the HDMI splitter has decided it doesn't want to work any more, ligths flashing all over the place, no picture from the HD box to either upstairs or downstairs TV's, have swapped cables around to no avail. HDMI cables directly from the Cable box to both TV's work fine, so it isn't those and the one from the cable box to the splitter works fine also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neet® - 1x4 Port HDMI SPLITTER BOX (1 input 4 way output) - Active Distribution Amplifier - v1.3b 1080p Full HD - Display HD on, 18 Sept. 2012
James (Saffron Walden) - See all my reviews
Excellent piece of kit, providing perfect high definition signal quality from just one SkyBox to all three of our HD tv's, one of which is the end of a 30 metre HDMI cable run at the opposite end of the house - no need for Sky "multiroom"

I have to say too that Neet's service is every bit as good as its products, my having had occasion to solicit their help recently and they were extremely obliging - this is one of the re-emerging genre of manufacturers who unlike the vast majority of same, have evidently grasped the ultimate benefit of giving decent and attentive service. Long may such companies last.

Unhesitatingly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot On, 7 July 2009
I've been using this product for a good few months now. Having hunted around the internet this little item was as cheap as any I could find. Having purchased Neet products previously and being entirely satsisfied with the cost, quality and results it was the natural choice.

I'm using two of these with Sky HD to get around the boxes deficiency (one HD output in this day and age, come on Sky!) to output a HD signal to 3 TV's. Basically the output from Sky goes into the first splitter. The 1st output goes to the first TV and the second into the next splitter with the outputs from here going to the second and third TV's

This provides a synchronised picture to the 3 TV's with no loss of picture quality. Neet enclose a transformer with each splitter and I am using one of these to boost the signal as the third TV is at the end of a 15m cable. Over shorter distances this is not required.

Works faultlessly and I would definitely recommend. Likewise Neet's technical support is first class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product & even better customer service :), 17 July 2009
I had an issue with my new setup and Sean @ Neet has been more than helpful in diagnosing the problem. I am just about to drop him an email to thank him as my dual sky hd tv setup runs like a dream! Would I deal with them again - definately!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what is says, 11 Mar. 2013
I have two screens at home, one in the kitchen and one in the living room. The kitchen HDMI runs via baluns and two cat6 cables. Originally I have a cheap hdmi splitter installed but this caused the video to drop out for a second when the second tv was turned on, I also wanted to be able to switch the inputs around and feed the game console or media server to the kitchen.

The Neet 4x2 Matrix does exactly what you would expect it to do. There is a documented issue that all video output feeds drop out and resync if you switch any input around on either side of the switch. Whilst this is annoying I consider this to be a reasonable trade-off when comparing this to a 300-500 pound matrix unit.

The remote is simple to use and comes with batteries installed, it works across our remote IR link allowing me to change feeds easily, and the power supply is a decent UK plug power pack, not a cheap adapted plug. There's also manual controls on the front if you don't want to hunt for the remote.

The build quality is as you'd expect from Neet, it's a solid metal build. I saw other reviews state that the LEDs are too bright. I didn't find this to be an issue for me.

There are phono audio jacks to the rear of the matrix. I had no use for these myself, but if you need them they are there.

I had to play around with my feeds to get them to work perfectly. For some reason I could feed 1080p from our Tivo box through the baluns to the second TV (kitchen); however the 1080p feed from the xBox failed (it worked fine on the primary TV). I fixed this by switching it to 1080i.

I'd consider there to be some skill in setting up complex set-ups, especially if you are using baluns and cat5/6 runs. My advice is to expect that you will have to play with your set up to get everything running as you want. This is decent well built consumer unit which represents real value for money in the home theatre environment.

Pros
- real value for money
- well built
- simple to use
- exactly as described
- named brand with decent support
- front controls
- IR remote compatible with IR signal extender

Cons
- video signal drops out on both outputs when either source is changed
- expect niggles with baluns or extended HDMI runs

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the task, 15 April 2010
J. T. Penver "Pro Coffee Drinker" (Sticks, Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
I use the Neet HDMI Matrix to switch 4 sources between two displays, and it works perfectly. I had a problem with previous auto-switching devices that were triggered by a PVR waking to record, so went for this manual/remote device instead. I have a TV and projector in the same room so don't use the full matrix feature as such, but know it works.

The remote control is very simple and easy to add to my Harmony One multi-remote. The matrix handles my 1080p @ 60Hz signals without a glitch, and everything up to that.

Sometimes some of my devices take a while to warm up, so the switch needs to be told again to use a source, as it seems to go back to sleep if a chosen source is off when it selects it. Just allow for this with a delay in your multi-remote settings.

Neet have been very helpful when contacted about their products, so I felt secure ordering from them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution for a simple problem, 24 Jan. 2011
We built a second lounge and put a nice big Panasonic on the wall but I had 4 HDMI sources in the 'old' lounge, which I didn't fancy replicating, so this was a perfect solution!

Instead of a plain, but much cheaper, splitter where both rooms have to watch the same source, which is pretty daft unless you have a very disjointed family, we can keep all the sources in one cabinet in the 'old' lounge but then choose, as an example, to play the PS3 in one room while the other watches Sky HD, or vica versa. The picture and sound quality are exactly as they were when directly wired and I frequently run 1080p content through it. Switching between inputs takes only a few seconds and both TV's recognise the HDMI input from the matrix, providing one of the sources is powered up, so you don't really need to touch the unit.

The unit itself is small, efficient and the remote couldn't be more straight forward. In the absence of an infra red extender, we did buy a second Sky HD remote and an IR transmitter to avoid having to walk between rooms to share the most used remote but this thing was such a bargain at £90 that it was a small price to pay. We mostly use the PS3 as a media streamer and the remotes use bluetooth anyway so keeping one controller in each room worked through walls without issues. I have a programmable remote in one of the lounges so programmed the matrix input selector buttons onto that and so we can change sources from each room.

I have been using this for 6 months now and would absolutely say buy it, use it for a month and then try and figure out how you got by without it! Now, if I can only figure out how to connect one of the outputs to my Sling box and I will have the perfect set up, accessible from anywhere in the world...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Device - Works straight out of the box, 25 April 2014
I have two reasons for this recommendation:

1. I didn't understand why the previous device (from another seller) didn't do the job. Neither did that seller. Neet understood the problem, explained it to me, advised me why the previous device would not work and assured me that theirs would.

2. This 2-way splitter does exactly what I need it to do without any complicated setting-up. I have 2 TVs in different rooms with different refresh rates and screen sizes (and therefore different HDMI 'handshakes'). Each is connected via this splitter to a Sky HD box. Both TVs work individually and simultaneously, with the box coordinating the HDMI signals to the TVs. No fuss.

I wish more suppliers offered this kind of no-nonsense advice and provided this kind of trouble-free equipment.

5.0 out of 5 stars The image produced is fantastic with no noticable drop in quality, 26 Nov. 2013
T Atkinson - See all my reviews
This product is incredible!

I bought this to split the output from my sky+hd box so that i could run one line via an xbox one, and the other straight to another input on the television (due to the passthrough not functioning whilst the console is in standby mode).

The image produced is fantastic with no noticable drop in quality. This product did take up an extra plug to power the amplifier, but this is not a bad thing.

Extremely pleased with this product 5 * * * * * :)