Published 16 months ago by C. Ether

1.0 out of 5 stars No reliable
I bought three splitter and switches but I have problem with all of them. They look good and seem to have been built to be robust but when it comes to performance they do not live up to expectation.
Published on 28 Dec. 2009 by Someone

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as described, quick delivery and GREAT customer service, 8 Jan. 2014
C. Ether (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Neet® - 2 Way HDMI SPLITTER BOX 1x2 Port (1 input 2 output) - Active Amplifier -1080p Full HD - Display HD on 2 TVs - ** 3D ENABLED ** - Free Shipping (Electronics)
I bought this product to split the signal from my UK Sky box, out to my Xbox One (which then goes on to the TV) and directly to my TV (an LG 55LA660V). This was so we had the option of watching TV, without having the Xbox One turned on. Don't get me wrong, having the TV pass-through option on the new Xbox One (thus allowing voice controls and seamless integration with the other features of the console), is a great feature. However, sometimes you just want to watch TV and the Xbox does not pass the signal on when turned off. There are also currently some bugs that need to be ironed out by Microsoft, but that will come good with an update in the near future I am sure.

Before ordering, I contacted the seller Neet via Amazon, to check that my proposed use of the product would work. Danny from Neet replied literally within 3 minutes (sent 13:35, reply by 13:38)! He was honest and said that in theory it should work, but admitted that they had not tried that exact setup due to the Xbox One being so new. He also said that I was welcome to try the unit and return it for a full refund if it did not work. I purchased the item on Saturday 4th January and it was delivered in 1 working day (Tuesday 7th January). It works absolutely fine and I have no complaints. It does get pretty hot when in use, but so do most other items in my media cupboard.

Having read some of the many reviews on Amazon, I have to say some of the “negative” comments and ratings seem unfair at best. For example the gentleman who felt “ripped off” (20th Mar 2013), when Neet were trying to help him troubleshoot his problem. At least 0 out of 7 people have so far found his review helpful. As for Mr “Way too bright” (22 Nov 2013); come on, one star because the LED’s are too bright (on a product that works)??? They are actually quite bright, but it’s no big deal. Put a bit of tape over the lights, or tuck it behind the TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neet® - 1x4 Port HDMI SPLITTER BOX (1 input 4 way output) - Active Distribution Amplifier - v1.3b 1080p Full HD - Display HD on, 18 Sept. 2012
James (Saffron Walden) - See all my reviews
Excellent piece of kit, providing perfect high definition signal quality from just one SkyBox to all three of our HD tv's, one of which is the end of a 30 metre HDMI cable run at the opposite end of the house - no need for Sky "multiroom"

I have to say too that Neet's service is every bit as good as its products, my having had occasion to solicit their help recently and they were extremely obliging - this is one of the re-emerging genre of manufacturers who unlike the vast majority of same, have evidently grasped the ultimate benefit of giving decent and attentive service. Long may such companies last.

Unhesitatingly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot On, 7 July 2009
I've been using this product for a good few months now. Having hunted around the internet this little item was as cheap as any I could find. Having purchased Neet products previously and being entirely satsisfied with the cost, quality and results it was the natural choice.

I'm using two of these with Sky HD to get around the boxes deficiency (one HD output in this day and age, come on Sky!) to output a HD signal to 3 TV's. Basically the output from Sky goes into the first splitter. The 1st output goes to the first TV and the second into the next splitter with the outputs from here going to the second and third TV's

This provides a synchronised picture to the 3 TV's with no loss of picture quality. Neet enclose a transformer with each splitter and I am using one of these to boost the signal as the third TV is at the end of a 15m cable. Over shorter distances this is not required.

Works faultlessly and I would definitely recommend. Likewise Neet's technical support is first class.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the task, 15 April 2010
J. T. Penver "Pro Coffee Drinker" (Sticks, Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
I use the Neet HDMI Matrix to switch 4 sources between two displays, and it works perfectly. I had a problem with previous auto-switching devices that were triggered by a PVR waking to record, so went for this manual/remote device instead. I have a TV and projector in the same room so don't use the full matrix feature as such, but know it works.

The remote control is very simple and easy to add to my Harmony One multi-remote. The matrix handles my 1080p @ 60Hz signals without a glitch, and everything up to that.

Sometimes some of my devices take a while to warm up, so the switch needs to be told again to use a source, as it seems to go back to sleep if a chosen source is off when it selects it. Just allow for this with a delay in your multi-remote settings.

Neet have been very helpful when contacted about their products, so I felt secure ordering from them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution for a simple problem, 24 Jan. 2011
We built a second lounge and put a nice big Panasonic on the wall but I had 4 HDMI sources in the 'old' lounge, which I didn't fancy replicating, so this was a perfect solution!

Instead of a plain, but much cheaper, splitter where both rooms have to watch the same source, which is pretty daft unless you have a very disjointed family, we can keep all the sources in one cabinet in the 'old' lounge but then choose, as an example, to play the PS3 in one room while the other watches Sky HD, or vica versa. The picture and sound quality are exactly as they were when directly wired and I frequently run 1080p content through it. Switching between inputs takes only a few seconds and both TV's recognise the HDMI input from the matrix, providing one of the sources is powered up, so you don't really need to touch the unit.

The unit itself is small, efficient and the remote couldn't be more straight forward. In the absence of an infra red extender, we did buy a second Sky HD remote and an IR transmitter to avoid having to walk between rooms to share the most used remote but this thing was such a bargain at £90 that it was a small price to pay. We mostly use the PS3 as a media streamer and the remotes use bluetooth anyway so keeping one controller in each room worked through walls without issues. I have a programmable remote in one of the lounges so programmed the matrix input selector buttons onto that and so we can change sources from each room.

I have been using this for 6 months now and would absolutely say buy it, use it for a month and then try and figure out how you got by without it! Now, if I can only figure out how to connect one of the outputs to my Sling box and I will have the perfect set up, accessible from anywhere in the world...

5.0 out of 5 stars works great with SKY 2tb box, 7 Jun. 2013
Our old splitter (also a NEET) was an unpowered version and would not work with our new 2TB SKY HD box.
After some interweb investigating this was due to the new SKY2tb box not emitting enought power to "activate" the splitter..
Powered splitter required and previous NEET products satisfaction led me to this one.
Does exactly as you would expect, splits a HD output to two devices independently or simultaneously.
No loss of signal quality over 10 meters.
Delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 17 Mar. 2015
Excellent product. I purchased a replacement Xbox 360 E which does not have an optical port and hoped this would sole my problem, which it did. I used an optical cable to connect direct to my Pioneer amp and HDMI to the TV only. I was worried that I would lose the surround sound but was delighted to see that my TV showed a perfect picture. The sound was in Dolby Digital which was confirmed by the Amp and the speakers symbols which only show when the Dolby signal is detected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Device for the price, 30 Dec. 2010
Have had this HDMI 4 x 2 Matrix for a while now and it works like a treat. I bought some NEET high speed HDMI cables also as one of my TVs is 10 metres away, and so is my SKY HD STB also. It works great, I am able to switch between many HMDI sources between the my two TV sets. Also able to direct SKY 3D channel no problems via the HDMI Matrix (as Sky transmit side by side interlace pictures, where each picture/frame is half the bandwidth). Also 3D gaming from the PS3 also goes through the Matrix fine, I have been playing Motorstorm and Black Ops in 3D with no problems. All in all, a very good product. I have not yet tried a 3D DVD via the Matrix, but I am guessing this may not work as each picture is progressive rather than interlace and for this I have bought a 10m NEET HDMI v1.4 cable direct to my 3DTV from my 3D DVD player.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking to extract audio from HDMI, this is the device to go with, 11 Feb. 2015
After being intrigued by an interesting link concerning a Chromecast paired with a VGA converter that had AUX out in an attempt to connect the Chromecast to any 3.5mm speaker, I decided to investigate. As I am subscribed to Google Music the ability to connect my Chromecast to any 3.5mm speaker made a lot of sense, as I could take advantage of the streaming service without constantly having the TV on. I read reviews on the 'VGA solution' but the seemingly recurring message was that the DAC in the £10 device was very very poor - as music was main concern this seemed a waste of money. As I had a spare FiiO Taishan DAC laying about I decided to look for a device that was capable of separating digital audio from the Chromecasts HDMI and let the dedicated FiiO DAC do the conversion. Having used Neet before and been impressed with the price/performance I decided to go with them once again and am I glad I did!

Pros:

Easy to setup, literally plug and play

Dedicated switch for allowing maximum compatibility (Position 1 - allows the HDMI source to handshake with the receiver, thus communicating the most compatible audio format, usually 2.0 pcm, which is then split by the Neet device. Position 2 - Manipulates the handshake so that particular audio formats such as 5.1 dolby, dts, etc are forced)

Coaxial, Optical and 3.5mm Aux out!

Comes with an RCA to 3.5mm cable and power supply

HDMI video signal is not affected

Whilst brief and not written in stellar English, the manual provided helps to set things up quite easily

Cons:

At £33, it is slightly expensive

Verdict:

I have had this device up and running for a month and it has performed flawlessly. The audio out is superb and has given my Chromecast a new place and use in my house. I would absolutely recommend this product

1.0 out of 5 stars No reliable, 28 Dec. 2009
First of all this item was very expensive so I expected it to have been tested thoroughly. With this model the connections work okay but the adaptor connection has lost its grip and would go off with the slightest of touches. You expected this part of the device to have been designed to be the most reliable part as if it does not work then the whole thing becomes useless. I have few other switches which developed the same problem. I am really frustrated about the stupidity of the designers that cannot get this right.

The other two Neet 4x2 HDMI switches have also a problem. When I connect two monitors to the two outputs they keep going on and off continuously every 2 seconds. It makes the device absolutely useless. I guess they will recommend using their cable or something like that. But this devices with that price MUST work reliably with all cables and all devices.

They customer service was good and they company went all the way to ensure customer satisfaction. But they should concentrate on creating reliable devices.