on 18 December 2008
As described and fit for purpose. Not a lot else to shout about really. If you are looking for a firewire cable to connect your device to a laptop then look no further. Videos uploaded fine from my Samsung digicam and the 4pin conectors plugged in fine and securely.
At such a low price you can't go wrong.
on 2 January 2009
I just recently got this cable for my JVC Digial Video Camera GR-DX107EK. The cable that came with my Camcorder wasn't current enough to deal with modern computers. When will they realise that they need to future proof their products a lot better?! This cable was inexpensive and exactly what I needed. It instantly connected to my Laptop, which triggered the system to source and install the appropriate driver. Perfect if you want your Videos to be uploaded to your website via your home computer. Simple yet very effective. 5 Stars for this cable. Just ensure your computer has a four pin connection port.

Denver
on 2 November 2010
When you plug in your Digital video camera with the firewire cable, it comes up on the computer as a DV camera. This makes things very simple and quick.

The firewire may be used to transfer the video files on an Digital Video camera onto a computer, disc (via certain dvd players), or even, if you don't have a dvd player onto videos. If you are a vlogger it is also handy because you can record directly onto your computer using it, however certain cameras like to turn themselves of in this process as it doesn't think it's being used.

It is very difficult to review a wire of any kind other than to say "it works" and stuff.

"""""Just remember to look for a port on your computer, Many computers have them but not all do."""""

Thx
on 12 November 2011
I've been trying to download my holiday video's from mini DV tapes onto my laptop for ages with no sucess, tried to find the correct JVC drivers to work with Vista all to no avail. Found this cable and hey presto....all my holiday video's are now on my laptop.
Brilliant and for such a cheap price, I couldn't be happier :)
on 24 January 2010
This cable does not work with my SHARP VIEWCAM Z but it fits in both the device and the computer, another cable that looks similar works with this product, but this product has a row of metal at the bottom that the cable that works doesn't havnt really wasted any money so maybe it will work with another camera at another time but disapointed after all the good reviews
on 18 October 2012
I bought the cable to transfer my old mini-tape recording to my DVD player.

I am dissapointed that this cable failed to work with my Panasonic NV-Ds60 camera and Samsung DVD SH897M recorder.

Maybe there are other types of DV cables or the video data transfer standard has changed since the camera was made? Anyone know?

I see others are having the same problem with certain other cameras.
Shame... so I can only rate it one star as it is no use to me at all. It was not expensive so I cannot really quibble about wasting money.

So I have to revert to transfering via the phono/audio plugs but the quality of the video/audio suffers by this method.
on 11 March 2011
Brilliant value at £1.54 including postage. Item arrived within 3 days. It works fine connecting my Sony Camcorder to a Panasonic DVD allowing automatic copy to DVD format.
on 7 November 2009
Just the job to get my films from my old JVC miniDV on to my PC via Windows Movie Maker. Quality has been fine. Recommended.
on 15 October 2012
Used this cable to connect up my sony camcorder which is a few years old. Have previously been into leading high street stores and told 'there's nothing suitable to connect to your PC' or sold cables that don't work. This cable works a treat. Absolute bargain of a price as well.
on 23 January 2012
Received, unwrapped, plugged in and it works a treat. Good solid connectors with decent plastic moulding around the plug which looks like it will last well.

Using Ubuntu 10.04 on a Dell E6400, with a Sony DCR-HC22E, you can not only stream in Video but also the cable supports the AV controls. Using the "Kino" package and some useful instructions here:[...] I was able to pull in some old home movies straight onto the PC. Note, if you are using the same configuration, you may need to run Kino with "sudo", there are other ways of getting around this was the simplest solution. Note recording into RAW format was the best way to avoid the annoying audio sync problems, you can then convert / split / export into other formats afterwards.