5.0 out of 5 stars A solid, faithful adaptation of the new Bond
The PS2 has almost run its course, but there are still solid titles coming out for it. This is certainly one of them.

Quantum of Solace boasts good graphics for the PS2, with detailed textures, nice particle effects, and some excellent lighting.

Published on 12 Nov 2008 by Blue Raven

Published 4 months ago by Mr. Glen P. Livesey

5.0 out of 5 stars A solid, faithful adaptation of the new Bond, 12 Nov 2008
This review is from: Quantum of Solace (PS2) (Video Game)

The gameplay lacks variety, but the core shooting action is excellent if you're willing to put some time into getting to grips with its intricacies. It also has an excellent spin on cover-combat which feels very much like a simplified version of the Gears of War system.

Sound design shows off some functional flair with punchy weapon effects and excellent voice work from the original cast. And of course, you have a stylish score with a mix of classic Bond themes and some enhancements to the latest soundtrack (including a great new title song 'Nobody Loves You' that is appropriate to the plot of Quantum of Solace and is a nice mix of brass, electronica and vocals. It also shows that the game developers intelligently had the guts to reject the terrible title song from the film ('Another Way to Die').

Presentation is very slick overall with menu systems that feel like something from a Bond DVD, and the option to run 60hz on capable televisions.

There is no multiplayer, so you are shelling out your £25 for the single-player experience only. However, it is an engaging ride and you'll probably return to your favourite levels every so often.

If you're still faithfully sticking with your PS2, then you should definitely pick this up. It lacks the high-fidelity 'oomph' of the next-gen versions, but the gameplay holds up well under scrutiny as do the visuals and sound.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good but quite hard, 10 Jan 2009
M. I. Morris - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quantum of Solace (PS2) (Video Game)
James Bond Quantum of Solace is a very good game. There are not very many levels but some of them are very demanding. As i own 3 other james bond games on the Ps2 i would rate this just a bit better than Nightfire a brillint game.

There is a new shooting mode which is much better the levals themselves are better. There is no multiplayer play which is a first for james bond. I was stuck on a couple of levals for a long time so this game is no walk in the park either. If this game is under £15 i would definatly buy it. I have completed it several times so you will never get bored. BUY IT

3.0 out of 5 stars the graphics look good and the game play seems smooth but I’ve only ..., 9 Aug 2014
This review is from: Quantum of Solace (PS2) (Video Game)
I will say from the outset that I have Carpel Tunnel syndrome and sometimes have a problem with using the PS3 controller. For me the game-play is difficult right from the start and, I suspect, unless you're a seasoned game-player it's not for you. I have to say that, from what I played, the graphics look good and the game play seems smooth but I’ve only played the game for about 2 hours (I had to give up because of the Carpel Tunnel) but it was all very intense with no breaks (maybe because I couldn’t get through the first level).

4.0 out of 5 stars good but dodgy, 2 Feb 2010
A Kid's Review
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Quantum of Solace (PS2) (Video Game)
Quantum of solace tells the story very well but it says a 12 in the picture but when the box came it said 16 so you don't always get what you want.The game play is good but I completed it quickly and I'm not much of a gamer. It misses out lots of levels which you would get on PS3 or X-box. The shooting is good but the people disappear after two seconds which is rubbish.I recommend it but only get it if you have a PS3 or X-box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best bond game I've ever played, 4 Jan 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Quantum of Solace (PS2) (Video Game)
I've played all the Bond games for the PS2 but this one has to be the best out of them all.The graphics are very detailed and sharp.The controls are easy to use.I found the targeting feature useful.I thought the stealth attack was helpful.I liked the wall-hugging feature as it made it easier to shoot people from secure cover. The hacking feature was good too.The video clips were entertaining. Overall I found it a very good game to play and would throughly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Average...., 14 Nov 2008
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Quantum of Solace (PS2) (Video Game)
I am a huge bond fan and a keen FPS fan so hoped this game would be right up my alley. In reality its just about ok. Graphics nice but game is short, repetitive, very little interaction other than shooting. Completed it in an evening and i'm not a particularly skilled gamer. Get it if your a huge Bond fan otherwise i wouldn't bother.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Quatum of Solace..a review., 17 Nov 2009
Mr. Ronald W. Francis "Ronderbear" (Melton Mowbray. U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quantum of Solace (PS2) (Video Game)
I enjoyed the action in this game, although I eventually got stuck. Better gamesters might have more luck, although it was beyond even my gamesmeister friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap!, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Quantum of Solace (PS2) (Video Game)
Brought this item for my son
Granted it was second hand and not very expensive but when we received this item it didn't work.
Contacted the seller and was told a new one would be sent out but still waiting.

2.0 out of 5 stars "You only play twice", 7 Nov 2008
Electric Meerkat (Grimsby, Lincolnshire, Uk) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Quantum of Solace (PS2) (Video Game)
Another example of a game that misses the mark due to the developers rushing it to coincide with the release of the film on which it is based. This game is nothing more than a basic shooter with liner level designs, poor shooting mechanics repetitive game play and unrealistic mechanics. The bad guys body's disappearing a few seconds after you take them down is totally unacceptable in today's 3rd person shooters. The object of the game is to simply get from point A to point B and kill everything that moves. No character interaction and the stealth elements are poor. Huge chucks of the story of Casino Royal and Quantum of Solace have been missed out or just rewritten. A good example of this is the boss battles in which as well as fighting the boss character they throw unlimited respawning enemies in just for good measure.

People giving favored reviews for this game absolutely baffle me. Either (a) they don't want to admit they spent more than £10 on this. (b) they haven't played games like Hitman: Blood Money, Splinter Cell or to a lesser degree Everything or Nothing. Or (c) they are just mental.

The game may look pretty (especially for ps2) and the movement of the character and the camera controls may be spot on but there is nothing original in this game what so ever. If this game did dent have James Bond in the title it would of gone total unnoticed. I know people are still in love with Goldeneye 64 and expectations are high but 007 deserves better than this. A massive disappointment and truly "shocking!"

3.0 out of 5 stars Purchased for my son, 5 Mar 2013
R. Mackie - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quantum of Solace (PS2) (Video Game)
Not having played ot myself I can only go by my sons comments. He seems to really enjoy playing it.

Quantum of Solace (PS2)
Quantum of Solace (PS2) by Activision (PlayStation2)