on 25 September 2008
My old XD card reader with its 50cm cable was on the blink, so I ordered this. Life is now less cluttered around my PC and the reader works really well. Good purchase, good build quality, feels solid.
0Comment35 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2012
When I received the card reader, I found that I couldn't fit any cards into it! After checking the xD spec. I discovered that the slot was about 0.1mm too small! Since the product is so inexpensive, it did not seem worth the hassle of returning it. I scraped the edges of the slot with a craft knife, and with this small modification, it works brilliantly (note: I am using Windows 7). If it had worked straight out of the box I would have given it 5 stars.
on 23 April 2010
For some reason my laptop's integral XD card reader won't read cards greater than 512MB in size. So for the past few years I have been forced to connect my camera to my PC via its USB cable if I wanted to get any pictures off it and onto my hard disk.

This was an absurd state of affairs so I was relieved when I saw that this product was available. It provides you with a way of plugging your card into a USB port and acts as both a read and write device.

It has already, in my opinion, paid for itself as it means I can access my pictures without having to plug in the camera as well as the PC.

Top marks.
on 5 November 2009
Brilliant. So much easier than using the multi card reader we have. So quick and neat. Looks smart too.
on 2 February 2009
This is a simple but effective way of transferring photos from my camera onto the computer.
on 9 January 2012
Slot in plastic casing (housing reader) was too small by about 1mm to allow insertion of Olympus XD memory card, therefore rendering the product useless. Using pliers to increase the size of the slot in the casing, insertion of an XD card was made possible, and the reader worked successfully with my digital photo printer. However I do not believe DIY adjustments should have been necessary to allow use of the reader.
on 27 March 2010
Bought this as my computer wouldn't read the card from the slot.
Really easy to use & was a great price. Would highly recommend this to anyone.
on 3 April 2010
Works instantly, really useful as normally i have to charge my camera up to upload pictures! So this saves a lot of time!
on 16 July 2009
Easy way to transfer camera photos on to any computer - only need usb port and don't need memory card slots and the camera drivers don't need to be on the computer (good for older pcs). Very useful at work - if someone hands me a camera and asks me to upload the photos I don't need to search for the correct wire (I also have the Integral SD card reader).
0Comment14 of 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 March 2010
This little item cost very little but it does the job I wanted simply and well. Couldn't ask for more than that.