on 14 May 2012
To help others: The one review here that said "doesn't do UK postcodes" is wrong (and definitely the reason why this item got no more purchases, and maybe the reason why the vendor offers it that cheap)! It seems that reviewer didn't know how to enter UK postcodes: with the space.

In short: This satnav is by far the best I've bought (and I have bought many over the years). It does everything one may expect from a satnav. Too much to list it here. Just a few points - which reflect that I use it on my motorbike:

- very clear and bright screen
- perfect size and lightweight (good in case it falls down)
- touch screen
- even an integrated stylus at the top!
- quick GPS positioning
- immediate re-routing
- the mounting unit can easily be taken apart to securely fix it on your RAM mount instead
- route planning and editing (very useful, enter via-points)
- i-pad like beautiful
- full UK postcodes
- European maps too!
- even pedestrian feature
- and the list would go on...

Here's a more complete list: [...] (need to copy & paste it, Amazon doesn't format links)

The only slight drawback I've noticed so far: With my prior satnav I sometimes wanted "economical" routing, instead of "shortest" or "quickest". This one does only "shortest" or "quickest". However, it does "pedestrian", and "lorry shortest" and "lorry quickest" as well. The latter two should allow to get nice additional routing on B-roads (motorbikers like B-roads).

So, if you want a new satnav, this one (that I got for just £39.99) certainly offers the best value for money below £100.
on 17 July 2009
Generally pleased with it, however it often fails to recognise postcodes around Somerset,so you have to then put in a street name which normally works. Sometimes has a wobbly, last week it told me to turn right then immediate left, which took me off the road, around the back of someone's house and back on the road again. LOL.
on 29 May 2012
I'm not certain that mine is the 300 model but it most definitely is a RAC satnav. Now sometimes it gets it right but just as I started to rely on it, I tried to use it to get to an industrial estate alongside a motorway and it took me to that section of motorway, I have used it on two other occasions where it took me to destinations between 2 and 5 miles away from where I wanted to go, and as to the routes it chooses on occasions they are just a joke!!! I would never buy another satnav with the RAC badge on it.
on 17 April 2012
Easy to use and the Lorry feature is really handy if like me you own an American Rv and don't want to end up stuck under a bridge. The Voice is a rather annoying(plummy) woman but clear nonetheless. would recommend
on 26 May 2012
Bought this sat nav for my recent trip in Europe as it had the maps already loaded.I would say, although it is not perfect, it is a pretty reasonable little gadget.Maybe it takes some time to get the idea,how the directions and features work.(in 500 m keep left....now keep left/or take the exit sometimes means only to change lanes and not to exit the motorway altogether).It has got many additional handy features(like most) finding points of interest etc etc.Returning to Amsterdam Airport for example I had to refuel and it did find the petrol station in 2 minutes.I got mine for 40 quid new very recently but the price now seems to be much higher,I don`t know why this is or if I`m missing something.It has only one relatively boring female voice in many languages though.There might be better sat navs around but I`d say 4 out of 5 points.RAC 300 3.5" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps
on 5 May 2012
I wouldn't bother with this if you can afford a TomTom. I received this Satnav as a present and it is extremely frustrating. There is no possibility to programme in a particular route via stated towns: you just have to follow where it leads and the routes can be bizarre, although it gets you there in the end. It also often takes ages to recognise where one is to start with, and starts trying to direct you from whatever the last location was that you used it. Altogether very limited!
on 11 January 2012
Product details did not make it clear that this satvav does not have a full post-code search facility. As such, it is not worth the price.
on 23 February 2012
Bright display, large enough for easy viewing; pleasant voice directions; navigational guidance seems accurate so far; facilities provided are good for a low priced unit.
on 26 April 2011
Driving in Europe without a satnav can put a strain on a relationship.

Although this thing sometimes sends you the wrong way, at least you and your partner can unite against the satnav rather than falling out with each other about map reading skills.

"Turn around when possible..."
on 23 November 2013
I bought this as I travel to Spain regularly and it has proved a very worthy buy. Occasionally it has a 'moment' but on the whole it has performed well. At the price I cannot complain. I bought it to replace an expensive Sat Nav that went wrong and so far the RAC unit has performed better. The screen is too small for me to read the details whilst driving, but the maps are easy and the audio is good enough to get me where I want to go.