5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but that doesn't mean that it can't do the job well!
Published on 26 May 2012 by James

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor connection
The advantage of this jack is that it is so cheap that if it doesn't work for you you can simply throw it away. It made poor contact with a handheld digital recorder so scratching noises occurred if the recorder was moved while listening through an external amplifier. Other jacks did not cause any extraneous noise.
Published on 14 Dec. 2012 by John Snow

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but that doesn't mean that it can't do the job well!, 26 May 2012
This review is from: FPUK 3.5mm Mini Jack Stereo to 2 x RCA Phono Adapter GOLD (Electronics)
At 67p with free postage, I can't say I was overly optimistic about this headphone jack. However my doubts were soon quashed when the item arrived (in a speedy time it has to be said) as I straight away set about installing it. I should say what I'm using it for also, which is that I'm using to get the audio from my Xbox to be decoded by my computer so that the sound from it can come through my speakers. I've done this by using the Xbox's VGA cable which has RCA audio cables - which is what I need this component for. Now the product itself, there is admittedly little that a product like this can do wrong, however it should be noted that for 67p I was expecting at least one fundamental issue with it. The build quality, while its probably not going to blow your mind, is more than adequate for the purpose of what this product does and doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart (always a good sign!). This headphone jack also doesn't cause any noise in the sound, which for me was a major concern at this low price point. The only minor setback for it is that the left and right female inputs should be labeled, although this only takes a few minutes to sort out. Overall, if you need one of these you couldn't spend 67p better!

Pros
- Decent build quality
- No noise added
- Really, really cheap

Cons
- (Very minor) the left and right female inputs are not labelled which means you have to take the 50/50 chance and check it (only a 2 minute job)

For 67p just buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It Made My Capture Cards Sound Better, 7 May 2011
Let me start by saying, I cannot properly review this product but I can to some extent. The reason I can't properly review it is because the capture card I used it with had really bad sound quality but this splitter adapter did make the quality a lot better. I assume with a more expensive capture card this little cheap device would make the sound better on that too so it may be worth looking at. The adapter itself feels quite fell made and doesn't feel like its going to fall apart in your hand, its very small and fits into headphone sized sockets (I want to say here that i brought another one of these but it was a 2.5mm male jack which didn't fit into my laptop but this did because it is 3.5mm which is the same size as a normal headphone jack).

I wish I could say more but I haven't had the chance to use this product properly. If your capture card has slightly distorted sound this could fix the problem.

EDIT: Right, I sorted out the capture card problem and now I can say you need this device. If you are recording anything with a capture card you need one of these. It makes the sound perfect but before you record anything make sure it is set up properly because mine was set at +20db sound booster which means the sound will be very loud and distorted so as long as you set it up right this device is needed to get good sound from your capture card.

5.0 out of 5 stars A tiny piece of technology; that does the job., 22 Oct. 2011
A tiny piece of technology; that does the job. If you don't need this now - at some point you will do. At this price - get yourself two!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, but inputs indistinguishable from each other, 1 Dec. 2011
The adapter is a bit flimsy, but it works perfectly, even more taking into account how cheap it is. My only gripe is that the RCA part doesn't have any indication (be it by letters or colours) of which is left and which is right. You must resort to try each channel in turn, which it's easy but a bit inconvenient. And as both inputs are indistinguishable from each other, remember to make a mark on the adapter once you find out which is which!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Brennan, 4 Sept. 2012
I bought this so that I could transfer my old vinyl to my Brennan JB7, and it works just fine, connecting the USB turntable directly to the Brennan without having to use the USB or a computer, direct transfer, Ideal!

And the price! How can they do it for 69p and free postage? So this is just to say that if you are wondering (like I did) if this works with a Brennan, well then, yes, it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replaced a wrong item VERY quickly, 4 July 2012
I ordered this on the Friday and received it the next day (after being informed that the delivery date would be the following Wednesday) which was fantastic. Unfortunately it was the wrong item and was replaced with no hassle by the following Tuesday (so it still came a day before the expected delivery date of the original order!).
Good seller. Recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor connection, 14 Dec. 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Functional but flawed, 24 Feb. 2013
I works, but would it have killed to mark the phono terminals? You have no idea which is left or right. This design flaw is easily fixed with a black marker pen and some testing. It should be colour coded out of the box. The retailer did a fine job on delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars jack for stereo, 19 Dec. 2013
not realising that upon purchasing a turntable to take vinyl records it does not actually play without this item. Ridiculous really. I had to find out for myself how to get it to work. anyway its simple and works

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine addaptor, 9 Nov. 2013
I bought this because I had a set of wireless headphones that had 2 RCA plugs at the end and this connects to my TV. So now I can watch TV late at night without disturbing anyone else in the house.