5.0 out of 5 stars Full steam ahead.........
I have had the 4 litre version of this model for years. I needed a bigger one as I wanted to make more broth to freeze that I can currently do - so I came back to the model that I know and trust.

Published on 6 Oct. 2009 by B. J. Davies

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm.Things ain't what they used to be....
Published on 10 Feb. 2010 by Wendy

5.0 out of 5 stars Full steam ahead........., 6 Oct. 2009
B. J. Davies "EntilZha" (The Rhondda, South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tower 11253 7 L Aluminium Pressure Cooker (Kitchen & Home)

I always found my old one to be a fabulous pressure cooker and simple to use with the one weight and this one will be no exception. My mother's really ancient high-dome had different weights which you had to use in differing combinations depending on what was cooking.....really over-complicated.

These have a lot of safety features built into them, there are two safety valves on the top of the cooker, and while the pressure is building a button rises and pokes through the lid handle, making sure that it cannot be twisted sideways and therefor removed. The top of this button is bright red so you can see the pressure begin to rise. When cooking with this, when the weight begins to spin please remember to turn down the heat so that it spins sedately, then you begin your time-counting.

If you buy one of these you will be buying a very hardy pressure cooker indeed, and with the one weight, an easy one to use as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 3 April 2009
Gaz13 "Tubeman" (Purfleet, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tower 11253 7 L Aluminium Pressure Cooker (Kitchen & Home)
Got this a few weeks ago to replace my old hi-dome pressure cooker which was many years old. This is so much better,much quieter with less steam hissing out, also watching the little Dalek looking thing spinning round is quite comical. Performs very well,well built,great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pressure Cooker, 27 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Tower 11253 7 L Aluminium Pressure Cooker (Kitchen & Home)
I bought the Tower 7 litre pressure cooker as a replacement for my old one, (which was not a tower model).
It has a large interior capable of cooking enough for a family. Easy to use and look after. I would reccommend this product to anyone considering buying a new pressure cooker.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what you would expect, 5 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Tower 11253 7 L Aluminium Pressure Cooker (Kitchen & Home)
This pressure cooker was a replacement for one that I thought was a "superior" product made by Tefal. The Tefal NEVER worked properly and the fussy set up was annoying to say the least.
This new Tower unit is straight forward, unfussy and worked straight out of the box. The only disappointment was the fact it was made from Aluminium (couldn't find an SS option) whereas the Tefal was 18/20 Stainless Steel.
The "Ally" is quite difficult to keep shining clean and stains easilly internally, but on the upside is lighter to lug around.! (Strangely, however, the trivet for holding the cooking produce is made from purer "Ally" and does not stain at all..!!).
Marks: 9.5 out of 10.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tower pressure cooker, 13 May 2009
Tower 7 Litre Aluminium Pressure Cooker

The pressure cooker is a great buy. Its capacity and easy instructions are worthwhile. I find it very econimical. Holds lots of ingredients and is very econimical to use. You use less energy to cook and the goodness of the food stays inside the pot. I would definetly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recomended - but depressurising not easy!, 14 Nov. 2009
F. Dickson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tower 11253 7 L Aluminium Pressure Cooker (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this item to replace an old Prestige model of the same size which was difficult to keep pressurised. The Tower 7 has more than compensated, it pressurises almost instantly and stays that way on the very lowest gas setting thereby saving energy. It is solidly built whith an excellent pressure indicator leaving you in no doubt as to its status. My only complaint is how long it takes to depressurise - even when stood in a sink full of cold water, as recommended(I guess you'll find this with any pressure cooker). Surely they could design some mechanism to do this quickly and safely. That gripe aside, its a fantastic product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm.Things ain't what they used to be...., 10 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Tower 11253 7 L Aluminium Pressure Cooker (Kitchen & Home)
I've used a Tower pressure cooker for nearly 30 years, had two in that time span. My husband recently replaced it with a Prestige; I didn't like that, because no visual indicator of pressure reached, you have to listen for the right sort of hissing. Thought this one sounded great, read all the reviews, looking forward to being able to see pressure setting easily again. But the indicator on top, which you're supposed to keep revolving slowly when at correct pressure, is impossible to regulate - once it comes to pressure, it does a little dance and dislodges to such an extent, pressure is released, no matter how quickly you adjust the hob; and I have a gas hob. Even though I'm used to pressure cooking, I cannot get it to settle and revolve as it should.
On the plus side, it has a lovely large wide-based pan, much better for all the assembling, pre-browning stages. And it does pressure cook ok, but I'm back to constantly watching and listening for the right degree of hissing. I miss my old Tower, with its ringed display on the weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Cooker, 17 April 2009
Lavinder Bains "Lavy" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tower 11253 7 L Aluminium Pressure Cooker (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent, received next day after ordering.. love it to bits, wish I bought it years ago.. saving me so much time, excellent size, thinking of getting a smaller one as well..

thanks Amazon for your excellent service once again, saves me going to the High Street..

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I live without it?, 27 Oct. 2009
Eleni (Middlesex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tower 11253 7 L Aluminium Pressure Cooker (Kitchen & Home)
I haven't owned a pressure cooker for many years but am very glad I bought it as they have changed so much. It is much easier to use than the old ones and much quicker to reduce the pressure when the cooking is finished. I wouldn't have considered cooking pasta in an old one, but this makes it possible to cook it 'al dente' if you watch the time like a hawk! Chick peas in 45 minutes rather than 2.5 hours; succulent lamb curry in 25 minutes? It's going to pay for itself in no time at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok, 4 Dec. 2012
A. Klein - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tower 11253 7 L Aluminium Pressure Cooker (Kitchen & Home)
For £30 and a decent sized for my larger than average family, this was a great starter pressure cooker. Previously I was terrified of using one, but after the initial use (and bolting out of the kitchen at every strange noise much to the amusement of my family) I am now used to it.
It has some nice safety features which even reassured clumsy old me that it would be very difficult to blow this up. Indeed, my kitchen is still intact. It was even easy to grasp with children nagging me mercilessly for food.

My first complaint - the 'dalek' goes rusty on the inside. Not something you would really expect from something that is designed to be wet when in use.

Second complaint, this isn't 15 psi - it's 11.6. Most recipes you find will be for 15 psi, so you will have to make adjustments. As I have never yet owned and used a 15 psi model, I can't comment on how much time a higher psi will save you.

As a quick guide, this will cook average sized chopped potatoes in 7 min or so at full pressure. Stewing steak takes 20-25 minutes, which is very time/fuel saving.

As other people have mentioned, getting the 'dalek' to spin slowly is difficult. It seems to either go full pelt and whizzing round, or stopped in it's tracks.

As I am now a pressure cooker convert, I am going to upgrade to a better model, but if you want something cheap and cheerful you could do worse than this product.

Tower 11253 7 L Aluminium Pressure Cooker