5.0 out of 5 stars My first real video camera
Published on 8 Jun 2009 by R. J. Brooker

2.0 out of 5 stars mts!!!!
I just got this camera and while i like it it was advertised here on Amazon as shooting both MPEG and avchd files.

"AVCHD & MPEG-2 Dual Format Capability

Now you get to chose the format that's best for any given situation. Superior compression and longer recording time with AVCHD. Continuity with today's editing environment with MPEG-2."...
Published on 9 Jun 2009 by artful

5.0 out of 5 stars My first real video camera, 8 Jun 2009
R. J. Brooker "pix" (Accrington, Lancashire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JVC GZ-HD10EK Ultra-Compact High Definition Camcorder With 16 hours of HD recording on 40GB HDD (Electronics)
I have used video and cine cameras on and off over the last 50 years but have always been more at home shooting stills. Even now the main reason for purchase is to create video links between still images in presentations for distribution to send to family and friends. My first presentations will be about our family history with the video camera being used to animate some of the still images.

I did consider cheaper cameras but the High Definition of the JVC GZ-HD10 meant that it would be a nearer quality match for my still cameras. On a recent visit to Scotland I shot almost 7 hours of video (182 video clips) and I am more than pleased with the image quality.

The one thing it lacks is an eye-level viewfinder which would help me to hold it steady but I have overcome this by buying a cheap chestpod - though when using the camera at the telephoto end of its zoom lens a tripod is a must.

I spent a lot of time considering which features would fulfil my needs and then choosing a camera that has those features. From the uses I have put it to so far that research has more than paid off,

2.0 out of 5 stars mts!!!!, 9 Jun 2009

"AVCHD & MPEG-2 Dual Format Capability

This was the major selling point to me. Now I have got the camera I see it record only in avchd which is very inconvenient. I am not sure i am keeping the camera as i now have to convert every single file before i can even edit it. It looks like a good camera but I really resent being sold something under false pretenses.

4.0 out of 5 stars A HD Camcorder that does the job., 17 Oct 2009
I own a Mac Mini computer and this camcorder works really well with iMovie software. (iMovie is the software that comes with my Mac computer using Mac OSX Snow Leopard or Leopard). i am in my early days yet of being a film producer, though I have posted two movies on YouTube for my Xbox 360 Live Team.
Check the movie quality out on YouTube my account name is SFGR RANGER. Truly a great bit of kit I would recommend this camcorder to all setting out on the movie making path.
Works brilliantly well with Mac computers using Mac OSX Leopard or Snow Leopard.iMovie video editing software is so professional and easy to use. JVC GZ-HD10EK Ultra-Compact High Definition Camcorder With 16 hours of HD recording on 40GB HDD

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 23 Oct 2009
This is a brilliant camera it is so easy to use. It is a camera and a camcorder. And the sotware is so easy to use.

1.0 out of 5 stars dont go here !!!!, 11 Jun 2009
do not go here !!!!! the software provided with this camera is not user friendly at all . in fact i found it immposible to write a disc that my blu ray player would play . and yes my bluray excepts avchd format . the battery life is less than 1 hr and that is not using the zoom . this camera has scared me off high def camcorders , i returned it and bought a standard def for less than half the cost of this one and burnt a dvd in less than 10 mins after opening the package . unless you are an expert in I T stay very well away from this cam corder .

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Device - Good Choice, 1 April 2009
I normally don't purchase items from third party company or less known companies because I don't trust them I must say it was worth buy this camcoder.It arrives today in perfect condition.It's actually £200 cheaper than JVC official website and similar I compared.
This is indeed a bargain and great for my holiday in 2months time but before then I will be using for my church events as well.
Im pleased with the service and I will definitely recommend this to anyone.

Sam from Coventry