5.0 out of 5 stars Charmed - a charmed life
Prue, Piper, and Phoebe Halliwell are three sister who (after their Grandmothers death) return to live in the mansion, in which they were brought up! On their first night back, a huge storm and a power cut ensue, so the girls start to play with their old spirit board (ouija board!) A message tells them to look in their attic! As Phoebe reaches the attic she finds a book,...
Published on 13 Aug 2005 by Kathryn Collins

1.0 out of 5 stars not good
couldn't play it due to it being the wrong region. so cant really say a lot on this item im afraid
Published 12 months ago by queen of hearts

‹ Previous | 112 13 14 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Charmed At Last, 7 Jun 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Charmed: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Well here it is. After months of petitioning finally Charmed is starting to come out on DVD. I received mine yesterday and have already watched 4 which I have not previously seen. I came into Charmed when Paige arrived and wanted to find out why she was new when I realised Charmed had been going a while. I still need to watch and find out what happened to Prue! This is a must for anyone who likes to believe in a bit of magic. It leaves you guessing all the way through. I'm now avidly waiting for the release of the next series. Thanks Shannon, Holly, Alyssa and Rose for letting this come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars charmed, 1 Feb 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Charmed: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
charmed is the best t.v show that has been aired i find it addictive to watch. i have only been watching for 4 months so i am missing the previous episodes i think it is a brilliant idea of bringing out a dvd but they should have bought it out sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars charmed - finally!, 6 Jun 2005
This review is from: Charmed: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This is my favourite season of charmed. i cant wait to buy this... ive waited 5 years for this DVD boxset!

5.0 out of 5 stars Piper, Phoebe and Pru Charmed at last, 5 Feb 2005
Christopher (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Charmed: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I have already written a review but because I love Charmed so much I had to write another one. I was reading a rewiew and it said that the boxset will include the pilot episode. That is fantastic because I love the pilot episode. I have been watching the 7th season of Charmed on Living TV and it is fantastic so far and already piper and paige have died and come back to life. I hope that everyone who gets the new boxset is very happy with it I know I will be when I get mine. Bye

5.0 out of 5 stars Charmed, 23 May 2005
miss l m oomajee (london United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Charmed: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I have been a fan since Charmed first began and at long last it has finally been realeased! This is a must for any fan to have and to watch over and over. Phoebe is the optimist and style queen that every young lady wants to be. The writer of Charmed is pure genius! I can't wait for the next lot of series to come out!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!!! If only it had extras!!!!, 29 April 2005
Roel Hesp (Vlijmen, Noord-Brabant Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Charmed: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I just finished watching the box...it's great seeing Prue again. I never really was a fan of her, but she is part of the Charmed legacy, and Charmed just wouldn't have been this great without everything that happenend around Prue. Especially her dying at the end of season three, brought forth a change that we can still enjoy today in the form of Paige.
Being a nostalgic kind of guy, I just love seeing how the show evolved over the years! And can't wait to have the entire series on DVD, and being able to see Cole, Leo, Darren and ofcourse Paige, Wyatt and Chris!!
Let's just hope that the fans get what they've asked for: extra's!!! Let's just hope that the producers and Shannan can get over their silly differences!! So that we don't have to wait for extras after season 3!!
So what's my judgement??
If you're a true die-hard Charmed-fan, you've probably already bought or ordered the box. If you just like the show, and just want to see what happens behind the scenes, than you can better wait till season 4. I'm almost certain that there will be extra's at that time, but ofcourse no one can predict the future like Phoebe, so perhaps the producers will come to their senses and will add the extra's in season 2. Let's all hope for that ;)

2.0 out of 5 stars A series lacking anything original, 7 April 2009
This review is from: Charmed: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
Back in 1995 there was a neat movie entitled The Craft, it did quite well at the cinemas and put stars like Neve Campbell and Robin Tunney into a bigger spotlight. A few years later I caught this below average series of a group of wiccans casting spells and moaning about their love lives! It seems this series which for some unknown reason lasted out 10 seasons? was it? borrowing very heavily from The Craft including one of the films main songs as ITS main theme song!!! The relationships and cruddy attempt at drama was so obviously borrowed from shows like Buffy. Whenever I see anything Charmed I sigh, had it have used a whole new fresh idea which the creator could have found given the time. What we have here is a show that had many fans, many were most probably unaware that what they were watching is The Craft but televised and NOT good. I would have settled for this as a clone of a great movie had it not been for the aweful FX, boring characters, poor scripts need I go on. Had I not seen The Craft, Buffy and the quality shows that airing at this point I may have gotten into it. This is just my opinion though so dont shoot! I have no doubt there is something in Charmed that the fans loved, I cant see it. Bargain price though. Shannen Doherty, silly woman for leaving this show as she has had nothing of great or even average merit since her leave...perhaps she saw its crap points too enough to throw her acting career away...oh dear.

5.0 out of 5 stars christmas prezzy, 24 Feb 2009
L. Bolton (Lancashire,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Charmed - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
item as described, next day delivery as promised, excellent packaging, would recommend to anyone and will certainly use again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun to watch TV formula with a Witchy twist, 25 Feb 2005
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
The advantage of the first season box is that you get to see where it all started. We see how the three sisters become the Charmed Ones. And the program is new enough that we see how they learn to grow and adjust to their new situation.
Soon as with most TV programs they have to borrow plots and it becomes formula and mundane. The stories are all the same and the witchy addition becomes blasé. You may also notice a change of cast as time goes by; this is not for the best. Anyway the program can hold your attention even if it leaves you empty in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW !!!, 17 Dec 2008
This review is from: Charmed: Season 1 [DVD] (DVD)
If you think that you are into magic, then try and get intouch with your magic side. Become piper pheobe and prue (and paige in series 4 - 8) makes ure leo is able to heal you, try to hide from cole and make sure that you do what your grandmother tells you.

‹ Previous | 112 13 14 | Next ›

Charmed - Series 1 [DVD]
Charmed - Series 1 [DVD] by Holly Marie Combs (DVD - 2005)