Published on 29 Oct. 2012 by Whispering Bob

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Speedy delivery. Pretty much get what you see.
Was in two minds about getting a white watch but on the whole it's cool. Will look decent when going out in the evening mostly.
The information about tides isn't really needed, though it seems to be a big feature. Only now do I see that it's a very shiny plastically look, which looks a little cheap. I wouldn't say...
Published on 3 Jan. 2010 by Tyler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Tide graph is great - make sure you set the Tide data for your location, 29 Oct. 2012
This review is from: G-Shock Men's Quartz Watch with Grey Dial Digital Display and White Resin Strap GLX-5600-7ER (Watch)
I've seen reviews for Casio watches with tide graphs that have complained about the accuracy. If you don't set the correct Longitude and Lunitidal Interval for your location it won't give the right result. The manual gives a Lunitidal Interval of 1.1 for London and a lot of people in the UK will just use that, thinking it'll be near enough. Unfortunately this is about the least representative value they could have given for the UK coast and may give you a significant error in the tide graph depending where you are. There a handy table for locations around the UK and their Lunitidal Interval values on the National Oceanography Centre website ([...]).

Here are some examples of the values you need to set up your watch.

Port/ Longtiude/ Lunitidal Interval

ILFRACOMBE/ 4° 7'W/ 5:36
KING'S LYNN/ 0° 24'E/ 6:34
STORNOWAY/ 6° 23'W/ 6:49

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but beatiful, 24 Jun. 2013
I was surprised when I first received this watch as to how small the face is. I have a large wrist and this watch looks small compared to the other casio g shocks I own. It's only now after a few weeks I'm starting to get used to the smaller size. The finish of the watch is superb with a very clear display although the small metal buttons take a bit of getting used to. It probably won't get much wrist time because of it's small size but is my constant bedside table companion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 16 Jun. 2013
Very happy with my watch. Exactly as described. Good value for money, would recommend to others. It has been years since I have owned a digital watch but I am liking this. I have had many comments from people on this watch. It looks a lot more expensive than it was.

5.0 out of 5 stars all around perfect!!, 15 Mar. 2013
I bought this as my first G-Shock because it features a nice glossy finish and is pretty simple perfect for summer. The design is great and the band fits comfortably. I personally do not use the tide and moon features but the basic functions are certainly there and work perfectly. The face is easy to view even in some low light situations and when needed the backlight is fairly bright. Overall I think this is a great watch for anyone and is certainly not too flashy so u can wear it anywhere, anytime, without hesitating a bit. One more important thing is that the watch doesn't get dirty or scratched which is a major factor even with G-Shocks which are known for their durability.

Amazon your the best : )

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 22 Oct. 2013
I bought this for my son as he broke two previous watches only after little use. This is great looking watch and is quite accurate. being G-shock my son is very happy that he can wear it and play around at the same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars G-Shocks I got a crazy dumb collection..., 22 April 2013
What more can I say. A G-Shock for <£50, the tide and moon functions aren't really something I'm going to use but nice to have. The screen and light are clear and bright, the stop watch/timer functions are all clear and easy to use. It has a slight sheen to it so it doesn't look like it will discolour or get grubby easily and I like the white colour for casual outfits. And it has that G-Shock durability which is why I choose these watches in the first place.

All in all, a really pleased customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars One more to add to the collection, 16 Sept. 2013
I have a small collection of G-Shocks and this one is one of my favourites. It's more of a fashion statement than an icon for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing watch!, 4 Sept. 2013
Amazing watch! I love it! I bought it for the pool but I'll probably wear it every day. It's lightweight and eye-catching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good watch, Buy It!, 13 Jun. 2013
It's 20 bar water resist with moon phase and tide for less than £50. I bought one because it was going to cost about £40 to get a new battery for my old watch another Casio with similar features. Why pay 40 for new battery when I can get a whole new watch for a only little bit more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything it promises, in fantastic package, 18 April 2013
Superb appearance. Tough construction. Lots of useful functions. Not 5 stars yet, since I'm not sure it keeps perfect time (wothin 15'' per month, as advertised). Overall, would not change it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›