on 29 October 2012
I've seen reviews for Casio watches with tide graphs that have complained about the accuracy. If you don't set the correct Longitude and Lunitidal Interval for your location it won't give the right result. The manual gives a Lunitidal Interval of 1.1 for London and a lot of people in the UK will just use that, thinking it'll be near enough. Unfortunately this is about the least representative value they could have given for the UK coast and may give you a significant error in the tide graph depending where you are. There a handy table for locations around the UK and their Lunitidal Interval values on the National Oceanography Centre website ([...]).

Here are some examples of the values you need to set up your watch.

Port/ Longtiude/ Lunitidal Interval

FALMOUTH/ 5° 3'W/ 5:02
NEWQUAY/ 5° 5'W/ 4:53
BOURNEMOUTH/ 1° 52'W/ 9:24
SOUTHAMPTON/ 1° 24'W/ 11:19
ILFRACOMBE/ 4° 7'W/ 5:36
KING'S LYNN/ 0° 24'E/ 6:34
STORNOWAY/ 6° 23'W/ 6:49
44 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 June 2013
I was surprised when I first received this watch as to how small the face is. I have a large wrist and this watch looks small compared to the other casio g shocks I own. It's only now after a few weeks I'm starting to get used to the smaller size. The finish of the watch is superb with a very clear display although the small metal buttons take a bit of getting used to. It probably won't get much wrist time because of it's small size but is my constant bedside table companion.
on 16 June 2013
Very happy with my watch. Exactly as described. Good value for money, would recommend to others. It has been years since I have owned a digital watch but I am liking this. I have had many comments from people on this watch. It looks a lot more expensive than it was.
on 15 March 2013
I bought this as my first G-Shock because it features a nice glossy finish and is pretty simple perfect for summer. The design is great and the band fits comfortably. I personally do not use the tide and moon features but the basic functions are certainly there and work perfectly. The face is easy to view even in some low light situations and when needed the backlight is fairly bright. Overall I think this is a great watch for anyone and is certainly not too flashy so u can wear it anywhere, anytime, without hesitating a bit. One more important thing is that the watch doesn't get dirty or scratched which is a major factor even with G-Shocks which are known for their durability.

Amazon your the best : )
on 22 October 2013
I bought this for my son as he broke two previous watches only after little use. This is great looking watch and is quite accurate. being G-shock my son is very happy that he can wear it and play around at the same time.
on 16 September 2013
I have a small collection of G-Shocks and this one is one of my favourites. It's more of a fashion statement than an icon for me.
on 4 September 2013
Amazing watch! I love it! I bought it for the pool but I'll probably wear it every day. It's lightweight and eye-catching.
on 13 June 2013
It's 20 bar water resist with moon phase and tide for less than £50. I bought one because it was going to cost about £40 to get a new battery for my old watch another Casio with similar features. Why pay 40 for new battery when I can get a whole new watch for a only little bit more.
on 18 April 2013
Superb appearance. Tough construction. Lots of useful functions. Not 5 stars yet, since I'm not sure it keeps perfect time (wothin 15'' per month, as advertised). Overall, would not change it.
on 11 March 2013
The watch is brilliant, really cool looking. Goes with anything, needed a tough watch for work and it does just the job
Cheeper than any other Internet shop