4.0 out of 5 stars Watch well
Watch does what I expected, looks good, reliable, no probs. Delivery OK. Only qualification is that the horizontal bars dividing the face tangle with the hands to a degree, but I'm happy with the device overall.
Published on 11 Nov 2010 by Mr. Robert Sayers

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but the hands get in the way.
Published on 3 Mar 2011 by Mr R

4.0 out of 5 stars Watch well, 11 Nov 2010
Mr. Robert Sayers (Stirling, Scotland) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but the hands get in the way., 3 Mar 2011
Mr R (London. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio AQW-100D-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
This came up when I did a search for a compass watch, I don't know why it did as it does not have one. But as it was good value I thought that I would look at it, it is nice but I found the hands were often covering up the display at the back which soon became annoying. If it had a button that moved the hands to the 9:15 time then back after 15 seconds it would be a really good watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is There A Better Sub £40 Watch?, 29 Nov 2012
This review is from: Casio AQW-100D-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
Casios are the watches for people that don't "do" watches. They offer such quality and features for the price, that if you just want something for your wrist that can tell the time and maybe have an alarm, they're an obvious choice.

This watch is proof of point. For less that £40, you get a watch with:

6. Stopwatch
7. Timer
8. 5 Alarms
9. EL Backlight

Again, this watch is sub £40.

What I like:
1. Although the case is mostly made of resin, it has a steel fascia on the top, so matches well with the bracelet
2. Althought the analogue hands do not automatically synch with the digital time (you have to manually set it to the correct hour and minute) it does compensate for seconds and does keep in synch thereafter
3. Not too big
4. Great functions, but to be honest the tide / moon thing just makes the face look geekier as I've no use for them (so can't judge their accuracy / usefulness)

What I don't like:
1. The pointless "N,S,E,W" markings round the fase. There is no compass on this watch. This is just the usual Casio over designing of their watches. Guys, sometimes less is more...
2. Um...I guess since the analogue hands are not skeleton and have luminescence on them, they obscure the face a bit

So all in all, a brilliant watch for the money, that looks good, is packed full of features and is great for swimming in. Like I say, I'm rating this as just a watch as I've no use for the moon / tide graphs, but it would be worth it even with out them. The only thing that would make this better would be if it was solar powered...I'd pay an extra £10 for that on this.

As for the strap, just need a fine, but tough pointed tool and a set of pliers to get the links out, once you figure out the technique, it's easy enough :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 28 Feb 2011
This review is from: Casio AQW-100D-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
Had a nightmare getting this as it was lost by royal mail.Can't praise Amazon enough they have been great.The watch is really nice and excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars whatawatch, 11 Jan 2011
J. Clarke (second star to the right & straight on until morning) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio AQW-100D-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
I like to think of myself as someone who can think for oneself; and as such, am not, and try not to be influenced
by trendy labels or suchlike. As this watch was bought for practical reasons and not some childish adherence to one
brand or other, suffice to say that this watch more than fulfils the practical brief and that I think it looks sooo!
very very cool.
Damn good build quality as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great present, 2 Jan 2010
This review is from: Casio AQW-100D-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
The Casio AQW-100D-1AVEF Watch was bought as a present.
I can report that the recipient was more than pleased with his gift.
He did have a little difficulty adjusting the strap to fit his wrist,
needing to remove some links.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 4 July 2010
This review is from: Casio AQW-100D-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
Perfect model stylish good to wear to work. It was noticed on the first day at work. Though it was a present from my beloved wife to me but It was me who selected it. No regrets normally Casio brands are very relialble and the Steel belt is the icing on the cake. Has got loads of features like tides not used it yet , Alarms and Dual time . The delivery came on time as promised.

5.0 out of 5 stars What I need'y, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Casio AQW-100D-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
I had one before ( 4335 A Q F 100 ) , I much had it for 8 years or more. .It for the tides and moons, because of my fishing

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality watch, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Casio AQW-100D-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
We bought this watch for our son for Christmas, it lasted 3 weeks. Although the bracelet and front face are made of metal, the back is made of a poor grade of plastic. My son caught the watch on something which pulled the pin holding it in the bracelet, the plastic holding the pin sheared off and is not mendable. we like the face and the ability and functions however the poor quality of the palstic casing is extemely disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic fishing/shooting watch, 17 Mar 2013
P. Wright "guiness guzzler" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio AQW-100D-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
bought this watch because of the tide and moon phase functions. use the tide graph for arranging shooting trips to river severn estuary and moon phase for shooting trips when total darkness needed. it is easy to use and set and is invaluable to me. oh and it also keeps the time really accurately. if you fish or shoot go buy one!