5.0 out of 5 stars Konig Aluminium Monopod
This monopod is light weight, made of aluminium and ideal as a support for small to medium cameras and binoculars. It collapses to a small size and can be placed in the bag that it came with. It is good value and I recommend it.
Published 11 months ago by blue67

3.0 out of 5 stars Average
Very cheap Monopod.
Its very light and simple, value for money is what I got.
However, it does the job and thats all I need right now.
Footrest is almost useless, its more of a fuss to fiddle with then useful... but you can remove it.
Published on 8 April 2011 by DaiLon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 8 April 2011
Very cheap Monopod.
Its very light and simple, value for money is what I got.
However, it does the job and thats all I need right now.
This monopod extends taller most people and will support a midlevel camera and lens. Comes with a cheap carrying bag too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Konig Aluminium Monopod, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Konig Aluminium Monopod Single Leg Tripod (Accessory)

4.0 out of 5 stars think about it for video stablization modification, 14 May 2011
This review is from: Konig Aluminium Monopod Single Leg Tripod (Accessory)
I bought this as a cheap monopod that I could modify to use as a video stabilization rig with my Nikon D90.

Cons:
It has no quick release plate and it can be fiddly to screw on to camera.
I don't it can be flipped to photograph in a portrait orientation, thought I didn't look too hard as I don't need this for video.
Handle is cheap looking.

Pros:
Light weight, it folds to a reasonably small size.
Extends very high.
Comes with carry bag.

what I did:
I sawed on the point at the end and the rubber foot screws on and off then. I put 2 or 3 small weight lifting weight on the end to counter balance camera, the foot screw back on holding them in place. I have a steady camera type rig that I cam plan, pivot and do dynamic shots with.

Conclusion
It is cheap, looks it in parts, but worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Konig Aluminium monopod, 22 Sep 2009
R. G. Hughes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Konig Aluminium Monopod Single Leg Tripod (Accessory)
This item is excellent value for money. It is well made and designed and was delivered within a few days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money., 21 Jun 2014
Webshopper77 (South Coast UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Konig Aluminium Monopod Single Leg Tripod (Accessory)
Does what it was designed to do very well.

It's light and comes with a carry bag - having a full length strap, it can be carried on the shoulder.

Highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 Jun 2014
Peter (hampshire, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Konig Aluminium Monopod Single Leg Tripod (Accessory)
Very light and easy to use. Perfect to take on holiday and can just be used as a walking aid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for the money, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Konig Aluminium Monopod Single Leg Tripod (Accessory)
I was looking for a monopod to support my camera and a 70-300mm lens, too heavy to hold steady for long shots.

The Konig looked well on paper and. most importantly, has a tilt head so I took the plunge.

Actually, not much of a plunge for the total cost including delivery to Ireland using Parcel Motel came to less than 15 euros!

I am delighted with it. OK, it's construction might be a bit flimsy for a pro photographer but for my occasional use it's working out fine and I see it lasting pretty much indefinitely.

The thing I like most is the tilt head. This gives total control over your shots, without it I'd be lost. In fact it amazes me that people would buy a monopod without a tilt head but maybe I'm missing something. The other thing some reviewers have mentioned is the flappy foot rest yoke. No idea why it's there but it's the work of seconds to remove and bin.

Height wise, no problems. I'm 5'10" so I reckon even a 6 footer+ would be fine.

Overall, given the price I reckon the full 5 stars is warranted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, good quality, solid product, 25 Feb 2014
Stemcgoo (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Konig Aluminium Monopod Single Leg Tripod (Accessory)
I bought this to use for some taking pictures in awkward to reach loft spaces and needed a good quality item which can carry the weight of the camera and allow the angle to be altered and fixed. This does the job very well.

Even comes with a nice carry sack/bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Konig Aluminium Monopod Single Leg Tripod (Accessory)
Arrived fast through postal service does what it says on the tin. Very strong simple to use however the foot plate support does flap about with no way to secure it in place when it's not in use. Other than that very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well constructed monopod but head and foot are poor, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Konig Aluminium Monopod Single Leg Tripod (Accessory)
I use this with some 10x50 bins for astronomy and also as a walking stick.

First impression when I got it was the shaft was quite substantial, light weight and well made. The locking levers were strong and kept the length at the point desired. It was also tall enough for me to use without having to bend down.

However, the foot is useless. First thing I took off when I got it.

The head is also cheap quality, but it does work, but will replace it one day.

Came with a case which is quite functional but not so pretty, but certainly very useful.

Fortunately the head is also removable very easily making this usable as a walking stick. Have used it as such and has fared quite well on some light trekking. Pointed foot tended to collect mud though and the bottom segment got sticky, but this was to be expected and some cleaning restored correct functionality.

Was considering giving this 4 stars out of 5 as the foot is useless and head is poor quality, but in reality I love this monopod and for the price it's a bargain.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›