5.0 out of 5 stars Great WARM socks
Published on 17 Feb. 2013 by john m

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what they once were in my opinion...
Started buying this sock around 2006/7 and they were excellent up to my last two purchases. I purchased the last 3 pairs in July 2014 and they are already sporting holes. The previous batch, purchased in September 2012 were little better. Whereas the same socks bought before September 2012 lasted 3-4 seasons on average.

Given that my usage, footwear, and body...
Published 7 months ago by Zom

5.0 out of 5 stars Great WARM socks, 17 Feb. 2013
I bought these during a recent very cold snap to wear, (in wellies), when out lakeside fishing. I just cannot count the number of "thick" socks I have accumulated - none of which actually keep my feet warm. These socks are superb, and keep my feet really cosy whatever the circumstances. I even took a pair to Switzerland for use on a couple of 2,000 metre adventures ... and I experienced no discomfort at all! My most meaningful accolade? I bought a second pair.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what they once were in my opinion..., 8 Dec. 2014

Given that my usage, footwear, and body weight, are virtually unchanged, seems to me only the quality remains in question? Last time around I thought maybe I had experienced a duff batch, and put up with it. No more. I'll be off now to find a replacement sock...

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried and tested on marathon walk, 6 Jun. 2014
Thomas Ingilby (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I bought these along with some smartwool liner crew socks and wore them as a double layer when doing a nine hour, 26.2 mile walk with some rough stone tracks and steep climbs. I put Sorbothane double strike insoles in my boots and this combination really worked well: neither my son or I got any blisters and our feet were fine after the walk, even though it was a very hot day. The double layer enabled me to fold down the outer sock over the boot, leaving the liner at full length: this prevented any heat rash on the lower leg. Thoroughly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars They stay comfortably in place on your foot even on long walks ..., 11 Jan. 2015
For years I have been trying to find socks (not stockings) which when worn with wellies, do not end up in the toe of the boot! I have tried many different brands, (Bridgedale, Berghaus etc) without success. Hooray, these Smartwool socks work well!! They stay comfortably in place on your foot even on long walks (and you don't have to fish for them when your boots removed!!) I shall be ordering some more pairs shortly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good socks, 25 July 2012
Am Hill - See all my reviews
These are very comfortable and have survived many dunkings in mud and peat bog and subsequent washes. Quite expensive but you can wear them for several days at a time without social embarrasment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, comfortable, keep my feet smelling fresh!, 15 Oct. 2014
Socks feel great and are comfortable, even wet wet through. Can wear these for two days straight of walking around in the rain on Dartmoor and they still don't smell!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart wool, 14 Feb. 2014
F. Bosch - See all my reviews
This was a good purchase.
Very good quality and comfortable.
I recommend those socks and I will buy more of those

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as sturdy as there normal thick merino wool socks, 24 May 2015
Not as sturdy as there normal thick merino wool socks. Disappointing ajd get damaged easily in the washing machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Jan. 2015
bought as a gift, apparently they are fantastic

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 27 Oct. 2014