Colour: Black|Size: Small|Change

on 29 November 2012
Brilliant snow/ice shoe grips that a more stable and safer than spiked designs, but sizing is not clear on Amazon.

Also beware as there are a few fakes around. The Yaktrax coil design is patented. They are fairly easy to spot, with spelling mistakes on the packaging and they do not have Yaktrax branding stamped on the rubber of the actual grip. If they do not have packaging or logo's on the grip SEND THEM BACK! Its not worth risking your neck as these are safety devised.

Walker model Sizing is listed below..
Don't forget this is a guide and not an exact fit as shoe sizes refer to the size of your foot. Yaktrax fit on the outer carcass of the footwear, so a formal shoes in a size 7 will have a different physical size to a heavy/bulky walking boot in the same size.

X-Small - UK 1-4 EU 34-37
Small - UK 3-7 EU 38-40
Medium - UK 8-9 EU 41-43
Large - UK 9-12 EU 44-46
review image review image
66 comments|203 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2010
I bought these last year and have just dug them out again because of the snowy/icy weather here in the UK.

They work very well and give excellent grip, particular on the slushy slippery ice in London.

I am able to walk at regular walking pace in these, overtaking everyone else carefully treading along the pavement!

They are easy to fit and although walking on a normal surface is a bit odd, they are easy to pull off once you get inside.

I would recommend these and plan to buy some for my wife for this year.
on 30 November 2010
These are absolutely brilliant - easy to put on and take off; fit in your handbag; give great stability on ice and compacted snow. Thoroughly recommended.
on 30 November 2010
Bought these in icy conditions last year . I bought the medium for size 5 and the large for my husband size 8.
Thoroughly recommended. They gave such stability on the ice. We did a fair walk (6 miles)in icy and very slippery conditions and suddenly you had normal stability and great confidence.
33 comments|121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2010
I went onto the YAKTRAX website for the sizing information.

They give you the UK SIZES against S. M. L. options

BUT BUT BUT

They also give CIRCUMFERENCE MEASUREMENTS to give you a better idea of the size which will FIT AROUND THE OUTSIDE AREA of your footwear... smashing idea which helped me.

My foot size in shoes means I fall between 7 and 8, which is on the cusp, (according to the Keswick Boot Company), I have boots in size 7 and 8.

Depending on which site you glean your info from, you may feel very perplexed when you discover you fall into differing grouping.

So by using the circumference measurement, you may feel better about your choice and therefore buy the best size.

Hope this helps all of you who haver!
0Comment|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 January 2011
These are fabulous re. grip, no complaints. But like other reviewers, mine broke after a week of use: the wires come unlooped from the rubbers, and eventually cut into the rubbers and split them. I took mine back to Cotswold who told me the manufacturers believed people returning broken sets had been using them 'for prolonged walking on concrete' which was not the case with me. They also ping off and some friends have lost them; the Pro version have a strap to prevent this.
on 1 December 2010
I bought these during the snow and ice last January after a big fall on the way to work. they arrived just as the last of the snow was clearing so I have only been able to try them out now. these are brill! they fit over most flat shoes (well I haven't tried them with heels!!!) and I have used them with my standard no grip work shoes. wearing them I am able to walk normally to the bus stop and through town to my workplace without falling on my bum! they aren't really noticeable either while wearing.
they are easy to fit, stretching over your shoes/boots for a snug fit and when you remove them they kind of fold automatically in half. in a plastic carrier they fitted nicely into my handbag. I have found they are not good for walking on normal surfaces, but I either remove them of just step carefully. I wish I had bought these earlier and would highly recommend for anyone, especially elderly people wanting to go about their normal business in the snow and ice.
11 comment|94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2010
Excellent. I bought these for my 80 year old mother and she has been out and about in the recent very severe weather without any problems slipping or falling on the snow and ice.These have been a life saver for her enabling her to get out and about in the bad weather for her shopping etc. last year she was house bound for weeks as she fell several times when she tried to go out. NO problems this year thanks to her yaktrax.
on 27 December 2010
I really, really liked my pair of these for all of the reasons stated in other reviews except ...
On only about the fifth outing in a little soft snow cover, about 50mm, one of them must have pinged off. Unfortunately by the time I had spotted it had gone - it was lost for ever. I even returned to the spot a couple of times on following days to search for it.
There were no warnings that I could see with the instructions, in fact there were no instructions to advise how to wear them.
It may have been because I was in soft snow cover and not on a pavement that caused the problem - I don't know but they are too expensive to loose them this quickly.
on 20 December 2011
I have tried out these YakTrax in the house and they seem fine...and, much as I don't want snow, there is part of me that is looking forward to trying them out in the house. The one thing that was somewhat annoying was that there is no guidance on Amazon about what the sizings of XS -- S -- M -- L equate to, so I ordered M thinking, as they were listed as Ladies YakTrax, this would cover UK size 6 to 6 and a half. Not so!
XS = sizes 1-4
S = sizes 3-7
M = sizes 7-9
L = sizes 9 - 12

hope this helps if you are thinking of buying some