1,558 of 1,574 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars They come up LARGE
Just a word of warning about the sizing of these, having received a pair today.

They are advertised by the seller here as being Small, Medium, and so on, which is way too vague to be of much help. I'm a ladies' (UK) size 6, and guessed Large might be about right given that I'd want to put them on over chunky boots, and didn't want to have to fight to stretch...
Published on 24 Nov 2010 by Lacrimosa

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor durability but great performance
I received the Yaktrax Pro last week, and have gone for three runs on roads/paths with a thing cover of snow and ice. Slipping has not been an issue at all on any of the 25 miles I have used them, but I am very disappointed in the fact that the metal springs have started falling apart.
The product does what it is supposed to do, but given the durability I think I...
Published on 22 Dec 2010 by Michael Stoettrup

5.0 out of 5 stars Yaktrax, 31 Dec 2010
Mr. Peter J. Wilson (Sheffield) - See all my reviews
They work really well. One day we were tottering on the ice and snow, the next with our Yaktrax fitted we strode boldly were no one had been before. Very pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars Yaktrax to the rescue, 31 Dec 2010
The Yaktrax pro is a bit fiddle to fix to boots, but brilliant at walking up steep icy roads. It allowed a safe walk to the shops about 100 feet down and a quarter of a mile away- warning has no grip on tiled surfaces- when temperatures were -2 degrees C. It worked equally as well walking up the lane to the top of the Downs 400 feet up in deep snow. You feet stay where you put them. I'm not sure how many winters the rubber framework will last but the feeling of security for those of an age who don't bounce, priceless. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001CZEYGI/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title

5.0 out of 5 stars Yaktrax reveiw, 31 Dec 2010
Much more confident when walking on compacted snow or ice in any setting.
Can be attached to any sturdy shoes

4.0 out of 5 stars Yaktraz anti slip shoe soles, 15 Aug 2014
Endymion (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
They have proved invaluable over slippery surfaces, eg ice and snow. They are quick to install and easy to carry separately. I real boon for anyone unsteady on their feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walk instead of slip., 17 Dec 2014
D. Wigg (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Worked very well, couldn't believe that I could walk on thick snow and some ice, will buy more if needed. I think the rubber that goes along the sides could be stronger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 29 Aug 2014
It works well and you feel more secure on ice, though after second winter the metal wire / rubber snapped. Still better quality that other traction devices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snow? Ice? Ha! No problem, 23 Dec 2011
Amazon Customer "Fiona" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Yaktrax Pro Traction Winter Traction Device (Apparel)
There is something most undignified about landing on your rear having slipped on the darn ice or snow. Undignified and potentially painful. These little slip-on devices mean you can stride out with confidence even when the `snow is deep and crisp and even'. In fact the snow is usually not the problem it is the ice that is the problem. Few so-called snow boots can give you the traction that you need to keep upright. The traction comes from little metal rings along a rubber strap, making them durable and flexible at the same time.

By slipping the Yaktrack over your existing shoes/boots you get traction and confidence in the ice. The great thing is that they fit over any shoe or boots. However not I think high heeled shoes or boots but then are they the correct choice for bad weather.?

It did take me a few minutes of wrestling to get the Yaktrack positioned properly but after that they were a breeze. They are a snug fit and the over-strap enables that they are on tight. Other reviewers have sized them as large, not sure I agree. I felt confident and was able to keep up a good pace, not mincing along waiting to slip. I wore them to walk a very strong lurcher and even when I was being towed along I felt secure.

Obviously they should not be wore inside, you simply slide them off, pop them in your pocket and slip them back on when you need to.

Ease of use- very
Effectiveness- great, no slipping or sliding
Value for money-great value.

Whatever the weather hurls at me, I will be secure and confident on my feet.

4.0 out of 5 stars I prefer to go in Autumn and winter and these are great in snow and, 30 Aug 2014
I live close to the lakes and do a fair bit of fell walking, I prefer to go in Autumn and winter and these are great in snow and ice

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says, 18 Aug 2014
Makes walking on ice or snow as easy as in the dry. They can be warn in shops because they do not have sharp points.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 25 July 2014
amazing - has transformed my approach to walking in the ice and snow - can't recommend it enough

Yaktrax Pro Traction Winter Traction Device