5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, 6 Jan. 2012
Paul Howarth (Sale, Cheshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Intel EXPI9301CTBLK PRO1000 Network Card CT PCIex Bulk (Personal Computers)
I needed an extra NIC for my HP ProLiant MicroServer, which meant finding a low-profile PCI Express card with a half-height backplate. This adapter came with a full height backplate fitted but the package also contained a half-height one that can be used as a replacement - a very quick process involving two small bolts.

I'm running Fedora 16 on the server and it runs perfectly using the e1000e driver, both connected to a VDSL modem in 100 Mbps Full Duplex mode, and also connected to an HP Procurve switch in gigabit mode.

I'm delighted with this good value card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service and card, 21 Jun. 2011
Card arrived in good time and in perfect condition.
It came with a spare half-height backplate which was needed.
Works perfectly in HP MicroServer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in ESXi, 8 Sept. 2012
I bought this Intel NIC because it's one of the few NICs on VMWare's HCL (hardware compatibility list) that's officially supported.

It works perfectly in both ESXi and in Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2. I've got two of these, one in the ESXi box, and another in a Server 2008 R2 running iSCSI software target. When transferring data over the network directly between these two cards, it's almost always at 100% usage - around between 110 and 117 megabytes per second.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Internets Restored!! Yay!, 7 July 2014
I've been getting sporadic internet disconnections for ages (years on and off). It only happened now and then so I just put up with it. Not being techy at all I didn't know where to start looking for the cause either. A recent lightning strike killed my router and when the new one was installed I got more disconnections than ever. Some days I couldn't get connected at all. I blamed the new router but the ISP insisted that it was fine and my network adapter was to blame. Eventually I gave in and reluctantly sent off for one of these, just in case they were right.

Fitted it to a spare PCI slot (which was easy even for untechy me, after watching a vid on YouTube) and I haven't had a moment's trouble since. I wish I'd bought one of these years ago. The driver installed automatically, it really was a case of fit and forget. Lovely stuff!!

(My old one was a Broadcom 1gb Ethernet Network Adapter in a Dell Inspiron desktop, in case that's relevant to anyone.)

RECOMMEND!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a dream network card for LINUX users!, 1 Dec. 2012
Bay Watch (Pembrokeshire) - See all my reviews
To all Linux users out there!

This Intel card works *out of the box, forget the rest.
*At least it does with Ubuntu 12.04 which has the necessary e1000e driver built-in.

My motherboard's Atheros AR8131 onboard NIC has a bug in Ubuntu 12.04, so I bought 2 of these Intel Gigabit CT adapters instead.

I cannot recommend these Intel cards more highly. The reason I needed 2 network cards was to set up an LTSP server (Linux Terminal Server Project).

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Windows 8.1 (not true of every 'compatible' card)., 24 Jan. 2015
Gavin (Cornwall, England) - See all my reviews
My onboard ethernet connection on my Windows 8.1 PC died due to a power surge, I think. January lightning...

So the cheap and easy way to solve this seemed to be a CSL PCIe (PCI-E / PCI Express) Gigabit network card from Amazon, which I ordered for about £5.

I have spent a week messing about with a connection lasting max. 90 mins, verifying Windows power management etc. to the Network Adaptor, trying different drivers, and seemingly exhaustive internet searches, and have got nowhere. If I unplugged my ethernet inside the 90 minute window, it would disappear, too, until a complete Shut Down and restart (not just a restart).

Bought one of these, also from Amazon. Now I can unplug my ethernet connection, configure a router as an access point (fallout from the power surge), plug my ethernet back in to my network, and it WORKS!

If I have any problems, I have the Intel dashboard to go to for help. So fingers crossed!

It's not cheap, but Intel do seem to give value for money in the quality of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reveals just how rubbish Realtek NICs are!, 31 Dec. 2012
Richard Perrott (UK) - See all my reviews
This card saved a decent X58 motherboard from being binned because the built-in Realtek Gigabit NIC and recent driver versions started causing puzzling secondary clock blue screens and other stability issues in Windows 7.

I was amazed how much faster Windows 7 network traffic became after fitting this, so I'll probably be buying another to replace the one I borrowed from a new FreeNAS box.

Cheers to the FreeNAS people for recommending an Intel NIC; you are right, Realtek NICs are rubbish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plays nicely with Linux, 24 April 2012
Rachael Bond (United Kingdon) - See all my reviews
This works exactly as required. I popped it into my Linux (Debian) server and it was recognized straight away. No configuring or anything. It has performed flawlessly in the last 6 weeks. This is relatively expensive, but worth it for reliability and network speeds (I get around 92 MB/s PC to PC when routed through my TP-Link 8-Port Gigabit Switch in 1U Rack-Mountable Steel Case using iSCSI storage)

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I expected, 3 July 2012
The network adapter was everything I expected and more. It copes with my high speed cable broadband (60Mb) without a problem.I was getting some problems with my on-board LAN adapter, but not anymore. Since I fitted the Intel Gigabit card my connection is trouble free and runs as smooth as silk. A very good product at a very low price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great in HP Micrososerver, 20 May 2013
Got this for an additional NIC in my N54L, works great. Just replace the full height with the half height supplied and you're good to go.