5.0 out of 5 stars Producto Fantastica!!!
I did a lot of research to find the ultimate consumer deep fryer money could buy.

Magimix Fryer came up at the top. However, after reading a couple of negative reviews about this product on Amazon.co.uk, I started to doubt my selection. Both these reviews highlighted a major flaw; poor calibration.

Later on, I found a newer version of the same fryer;...
Published on 25 Jan 2010 by B. Z. Yusufi

1.0 out of 5 stars Fairly Good at Not Alot
Thought I'd bite the bullet, invest in a proper deep fat fryer and make 'proper' fish and chips. The Magimix Pro 500 looked the part and of course with the Magimix reputation it was a no brainer. I wish now that I'd looked a little deeper. Then I might have realised that it doesn't reach the magic 190 degrees needed to fry properly so is in fact not a deep fat fryer, just...
Published on 19 April 2010 by Tom

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a replacement, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Magimix 11606 Pro 500 4.0 Litre Deep Fryer (Kitchen & Home)
This was purchased as a replacement for my old fryer which had cease to function, due to old age mainly (same make and model) and it did not let me down. Brilliant fryers, makes wonderful chips and fries fish to perfection. An excellent buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars deep fat fryer, 9 Dec 2013
Bought to replace old model. Much improved, particularly like the cord storage and the more compact body. Basket stores well with handle above the oil. We also prefer the new basket handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best I've ever had. Knocks spots off competition., 24 Oct 2013
Perfect chips. (Par boil your chips first) two dials - one is a timer (which turns fryer off when the times up) and the temperature gauge. Worth every penny!! And very easy to keep looking good as new. The element comes out enabling you to wash everything in hot soapy water. I would recommend it to everyone. Only fly in the ointment is the instructions and cook book are in French!

4.0 out of 5 stars Magimix 11606, 22 July 2013
First impressions were of a well constructed and robust item. Strangely, the instructions were in French in which fortuitously I am fluent. Had this not been the case there would have arisen a clear health and safety issue.

I was at first disappointed to find that the design of the lid did not allow the device to function with the lid on and the handle attached. I noticed in the literature that it is available with an alternative lid which is ventilated and incorporates a filter. Had I been aware of this I should have ordered this version.

In comparison to the previous Deep Fryers I have owned it is commendably quick to heat up and the thermostat is accurate. The range of temperatures is adequate for my needs and the timer is a useful feature. The quality of product produced is all that might be desired.

5.0 out of 5 stars magimix fryer, 23 Mar 2013
great product, quality manufacture, quick to get to temperature and thermostat keeps temperature accurate. timer good also.
does not take too much space and easy to empty and refill.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magimix 11606 Pro 500 4.0 Litre Deep Fryer, 17 Oct 2012
This is a very good frier it cooks realy fast and it's easy to clean and heats up fast too i would really recommend this to anyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 2 days, 29 Dec 2011
Bought this for the wife for christmas, after having a magimix fryer for 6 or 7 years, but was working, but looking a bit tatty. As soon as we opened the box, we could see that they had cheapened the product and added stupid features like the timer - will not heat up without the timer being turned on. Anyhow on its second outing, the timer went off , a loud bang, and that was the end of it, tried the reset button, but it had blown something in the timer/thermostat. Thanks to the great return policy its now on its way back to presumably magimix.

Will not be buying another

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID!!!!, 31 Mar 2012
As other reviews say - it just doesn't get hot enough. Tried to make decent chips half a dozen times now - always disappointed, greasy tasting, despite twice or triple cooking. Why? A cooks thermometer supplied the answer - it just doesn't get hot enough. It might be alright if it actually reached 180 degrees, but the most I have seen is just over 170 before the heater cuts out. And the cooks thermometer says chips should be done at 196-210 degrees C - so even if it worked as the manufacturers claim it wouldn't be hot enough. And WTF is the point of a deep fat fryer that doesn't do chips?

2.0 out of 5 stars Pro? Fryer, 11 Oct 2012
Lith (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this fryer 3 days ago from John Lewis.

I got it out of the box last night to have my first try, though I would start off with something easy like some handcut chips.....

It heated up really quickly, I tested the temperature with an electronic thermometer (at 130C for first fry, 180C for second fry), and it seemed fine.

I was (was being the operative word) impressed with the build quality, and that most of it could just go in the dishwasher. Then, as I was shaking the fries free of excess oil at the end... The handle came off the basket.

In hindsight, it wasn't as well constructed as the rest off it, with a poor design for attachment (a few small welds).

I am going to take it back for replacement, and examine the next one carefully. I don't want to go back to using a pan and thermometer as oil and naked flames just don't mix well, so hope it was just a faulty one?

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Chips!, 26 Jan 2012
Mrs. Jan Falconer "Salsa QE3" (Scotlland) - See all my reviews
I never thought I would own a professional quality deep fryer but if you want something that is quality and something that you will use for parties and for home use! purchase Magimix! For years I used an old Ralta Deep fryer which was also a stock pot! What a crock! It was rubbish and never achieved the professional finish! Buy Amazon! Buy Magimix!