4.0 out of 5 stars Good toy for 6 months old
Published on 16 Sep 2011 by Dunbar

2.0 out of 5 stars No good if you want it to last
This was bought for my son for Christmas who was 15 months at the time. The middle section has broken into two and the little man inside has come out. it was't thrown hard on the floor it was dropped. Given that the toy is designed for children I wouldn't consider it to be durable or made well enough to sustain children's handling of it.

Also, it isn't very...
Published on 10 Feb 2012 by Herby

4.0 out of 5 stars Good toy for 6 months old, 16 Sep 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This was the first toy our son actually played with, it was very good around 6m-12m. The magnets make it very easy to assemble and take apart. Some parts are harder to assemble than others and so it remained challenging for him for sometime. Unfortunately the checkered part broke when he threw it hard onto the floor. I am going to buy it as a gift gift for my nephew who will be 6m.

2.0 out of 5 stars No good if you want it to last, 10 Feb 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars

Also, it isn't very big, about 15 cms tall. I would not recommend buying it if you want it to last.

I have given three stars for it being fun as the children (one who is 3) liked fitting it together (as did I). I have given it two stars for rating the product overall as I liked the idea and the design, it just isn't made well enough to last.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely toy but small, 18 July 2013
This review is from: My First Magnetic Rocket (Toy)
It's a lovely toy but disappointingly small. The photograph with the toddler is misleading: it is only on re-examining the photo that you notice there are two versions of the rocket in the picture - a big one and a small one. Obviously the dimensions are given but I don't think I'm alone in relying upon the photographs as providing a reasonably accurate description.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fun to play with, lovely to look at but breaks very easily, 25 Oct 2012
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
I loved this toy which was bought for my 20 month old son last Christmas, but after mending it twice it is no longer able to be repaired. I feel really vexed because he loved it, I liked looking at it and it was expensive. Great pity, I would save your money for a sturdier toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful traditionalist toy, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: My First Magnetic Rocket (Toy)
This has been one of my child's favourite toys since bought 18 months ago. It has been thrown around on hard surfaces and so far has not broken. It does come apart rather easily, more easily than it did originally. In fact it's much better to use it in the house as it's come apart in the street a few types and bits have gone everywhere.

That said is a beautiful object. My son has consistently played with it since it was bought and it is still one of his favourite. In my experience it is also much more robust than some reviews suggest which was my main reason for writing this as balance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Toy, 31 Jan 2014
Mr. P. C. Ford "Phil1951" (Christchurch England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My First Magnetic Rocket (Toy)
Purchased along with the Airplane. Two year old loves playing with it and mixing up the magnetic parts. Sturdy and solid toy for little hands

5.0 out of 5 stars bought with the magnetic plane, 18 Jan 2014
Another hit for an 18 month old child. Easy to put together and seems as if it will last for a long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars My First Magnetic Rocket, 22 Mar 2013
I thought that the rocket looked good, but when it arrived I found that it was a little on the small side. Would not recommend to a friend due to the size.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely toy and keepsake, 11 Jun 2011
my 18 month old son loves this toy but i think it would be suitable for oder children too. the magnets are great and he has now learned to build it in the right order. it's well made, a lovely simple design and something i hope he will keep for a long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good things come in small packages!, 4 Feb 2011
My son received this toy for Christmas. It is really lovely looking and very durable. It is very easy to reassemble and the magnets hold everything in place with just the right amount of strength - enough to be easily pulled apart but it won't fall off either. My only gripe is that it looks fairly big in the picture - I would've assumed about 30cm (12 inches) high but it's actually half that height.

My First Magnetic Rocket