on 17 July 2011
My wife can now hear when we receive a phone call, & I can even hear it in the garden. The only slight complaint I would have is that it cannot be plugged directly into a BT phone socket, but into the RJ11 socket in a filter. I used a longer lead so I could put the ringer higher up. I knocked one star off because of this fact.
on 20 February 2014
Pretty useless as delivered. I bought this together with extension cable and BT socket splitter and had not unreasonable expectation that they would plug together. However it comes with RJ11 sockets for line and phone and a short cable with RJ11 plugs ON BOTH ENDS. Totally useless for any standard UK installation. So, loads of wasted time trying to find RJ11 to BT adapter which now no-one stocks, so back to amazon to get one, so that adds another £1.50 to the price and another two to three days wait.
on 27 May 2011
It is brilliant, we never miss a call now, we can hear the telephone even when in the back garden. A must if you are hard of hearing as the light flashes too.
on 21 July 2011
This product is very easy to setup..infact just plug in ..no power required.
It has two settings High or Low. Low seems to be the same volume as the phone, this may differ phone to phone. When on High you do get a high decibel ring/tone, so for normal hearing people close by this is loud. But for my hard of hearing mother in-law she can now hear it which sloved our problem.
on 17 July 2011
This geemarc CL11 telephone ringer amplifier certainly does the job I bought it for.However when connected initially it cut out the phone. I rang Geemarc who were very helpful and said that I needed a splitter which they provided. The C11 now works perfectly but I advise that you really need a longer connecting lead as well.So I'm not really disappointed.
on 8 September 2012
Ordered this for my elderly mother who couldn't hear her telephone ringing. It didn't make much difference so we had to return it
on 11 December 2012
On standard setting the bell is very loud and I jump a little as I am watching TV in that room. I have it on a very long extension wire and it works. The best part is the flashing light is strong enough to attract my attention without the bell. Well worth the price which seems high, but it does the work of those large old fashioned bells.
on 19 September 2012
Product arrived promptly, but sadly doesn't work for me. It doesn't say it won't work with a cable line (we don't have a BT line), the instructions don't say one way or the other, so I assume it should have been fine but when I installed it and rang my home number, the phone didn't ring at all, on either the low or high settings. Back to the drawing board!
on 31 October 2013
Bought this for my elderly mum who has the TV so loud she can't hear the phone! As supplied the ringer and lead fit between the original phone lead and the socket in the back of the phone. This is fine and works well if you are using a corded phone or the base station of a cordless phone. However mum has a cordless phone with an additional handset (therefore no phone socket on the back) in the living room....this is the one she can't hear. Luckily there was a spare extension socket where I could plug in the ringer (using an ordinary phone lead that I supplied) so the new ringer is not attached to the phone at all but rings when a call comes in and stops as soon as it is answered. The 'Low' setting is slightly louder than a normal phone but I have left it on 'Hi' and this is very loud so no more missed calls. Recommended.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 April 2013
Although not bought via Amazon but same issue as as another review. My Mother has just bought one. Tried every combination of plugging it in to the Virgin Media phone line but no joy.

quote 'It doesn't say it won't work with a cable line (we don't have a BT line), the instructions don't say one way or the other, so I assume it should have been fine but when I installed it and rang my home number, the phone didn't ring at all, on either the low or high settings.'

11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse