4.0 out of 5 stars One glaring omission!
When I pre-ordered this release, there was scant information on offer; I thought what could be better than a collection of all the festive episodes? Some of the holiday episodes are truly brilliant, like "High Holidays" from the eleventh season.

Published on 11 Nov 2008 by Little Cat Voom

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull & Repetitive
Published on 21 Dec 2008 by Pen Name

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars One glaring omission!, 11 Nov 2008
Little Cat Voom (The middle of England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Frasier - Best Of Christmas [DVD] (DVD)

But! This collection contains no "High Holidays"! Why include "Mary Christmas" instead, or "We Two Kings"? Suspiciously-minded as I am, I feel this is to ensure that the recently released season 11 sales figures are not affected...hmmph. Still, it`s all pretty good, the offerings from Season 1, 3 and 6 particularly. The episodes included are below, and also my ratings of them individually -

Miracle on Third or Fourth Street - Season 1 *****
Frasier Grinch - Season 3 *****
Perspectives on Christmas - Season 5 ****
Merry Christmas, Mrs Moskowitz - Season 6 *****
The Fight Before Christmas - Season 7 ***
Mary Christmas - Season 8 ***
We Two Kings - Season 10 ***

A slight disappointment but still a fun idea, even if it`s something you could knock-up at home if you own all the seasons already!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea, poor execution, 24 Nov 2008
T Messenger (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frasier - Best Of Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
I am a huge fan of "Frasier" and I am currently collecting the rather nice looking full season sets, so it took a lot of self-control not to purchase this item.

Basically, it contains a selection of the "best" Christmas episodes from the show's history: in other words, every Christmas episode apart from 1. Therefore, I'm a bit confused over the choice of episodes: it misses out the hilarious 11th season Christmas show, "High Holidays". Why? Don't ask me! However, it does have the rather poor season 8 episode "Mary Christmas".

So, it's a shame that this episode isn't included, but for us full season collectors, you need to offer a little more than just a selection of episodes. How about a nice set of audio commentaries? Some featurettes about the show's Christmas (or hell, just the show's) history? A trailer or two would have been quite nice. Deleted scenes? Heck, I would have settled for a scene selection menu! Unfortunately, this offering contains none of them.

This is certainly a nice idea, but I suspect this will only win over the casual fan. Had it contained a number of special features, this would have been in my basket now. Sorry!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect stocking filler for fans of TV's greatest comedy, 26 Nov 2008
Film Buff (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Frasier - Best Of Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
I can only echo what other people have said - why didn't they include the season eleven episode high holidays and call it Frasier Christmas? Why did they call it Best of Christmas when only one Christmas episode is missing? Still, there's enough great episodes here to satisfy any fan looking for some superior Christmas entertainment. There's a disclaimer on the back of the DVD that states - some episodes may be edited from their original broadcast. Once again why? What's the point in editing them? This is written on some of the season box sets too. I hope these episodes aren't edited because I just don't see the point. I'd still recommend this set to the fan and it gives you an excuse to show your friends and family what they've been missing. No doubt they'll be more likely to watch a Christmas compilation then hours and hours of boxsets. But when you've introduced them to the world of Fraiser crane they better get their wallets out! Fantastic fun for the whole family...

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb classic series, 5 Feb 2012
Jackie Hall (Kent. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frasier - Best Of Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
It's very unusual for a spin off to be even better than the original series. However, Frasier, a character first featured in "Cheers," is an exception. It's superbly written; the characters are brilliant,including Eddie the dog, and it's a comedy that doesn't date. This DVD was purchased as a gift for my teenage son and we watched it as a family during the Christmas holidays. It's also something that can be watched again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frasier Christmas - Great!, 28 Feb 2011
This review is from: Frasier - Best Of Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
I love Frasier, and was so happy that there was a Best of Christmas DVD. It contains all the Christmas episodes from the seasons except one - "High Holidays". I don't really understand why this episode isn't included, but i still rate it five stars because i love Frasier! I would recommend it to any fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Frasier - Best Of Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
These are funny seasonal programmes. I used it to introduce my daughter to the humour of Frasier, and it worked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frasier Best of Christmas, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: Frasier - Best Of Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
Bought as a Christmas present. Great for fans of Frasier. It is not on the box set. Sit and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: Frasier - Best Of Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
what it says on the title containing all the xmas specials and for a good price what more do you want?!?!?!?!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth having a look at!, 28 Jan 2010
C. Dirnhofer "Desertfollower" (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frasier - Best Of Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
Watched this over Christmas,, was funny, funny, funny. Well worth a look at, (even when it's not Christmas).

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull & Repetitive, 21 Dec 2008
This review is from: Frasier - Best Of Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
Oh dear, this was a disappointment. 'Frasier', when it's good, can be very good, but this just isn't. The two stars I've awarded are for each of the laughs I had. Placing these episodes together just doesn't work, as the repetition of ideas and situations in them - to ever diminishing returns - becomes tiresomely apparent. On top of which, all too often everything also gets tied up in 'seasonal' sentimentality. This is simply a marketing person's idea of a moneyspinner. To be avoided.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Frasier - Best Of Christmas [DVD]
Frasier - Best Of Christmas [DVD] by Kelsey Grammar (DVD - 2008)