on 12 October 2012
I ordered 2 of these. A small in blue, and a medium in black. The black, medium one was actually smaller and tighter than the small sized blue one! Anyhow, still a great item when I got one that fitted correctly.
on 30 September 2013
I bought this on a recommendation from an ultralite hiking enthusiast for a 10 day hike through the Pyrenees, and I can wholeheartedly endorse the aforementioned recommendation.

Light and breezy in the heat of the day, yet astonishingly warm during the cold of the night. The fit is brilliant and the garment weighs almost nothing.

The wicking is sublime and it was my favourite article reluctantly replaced by a Karrimor brillo pad t-shirt after a few days.

A no brainer purchase for most hikers at the very least.
on 14 January 2010
Great top...kept me warm(ish) during this cold spell. Comfortable to wear and easy to wash etc.
What more can you say?
on 30 October 2015
This is a a lightweight base layer, nothing fancy, it's not a compression fit and doesn't have much thermal value, but it wicks OK. Quality is reasonable and it holds it's shape quite well. It does not restrict movement at all, but I would prefer a tighter fit with more elasticity. If you attempt to push the relatively loose fitting cuffs up to your elbows, don't be surprised to hear the breaking of threads in the seems. Despite the cuffs being loose, the lack of stretchiness just doesn't allow for pushing the sleeves up easily. Overall it is a poor fit for my body shape. I'm 5'10 (1.77m) and 176lb (80kg) and a medium is definitely the right size for me, but it is too short in the body, although sleeve length is fine. Overall I would consider it a disappointing purchase, it's obviously not the best or most expensive option, but it doesn't really offer anything that a £2-3.00 generic base layer would, yes, it wicks OK, but the performance is no better than cheaper options.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 December 2010
As a serving soldier I had a couple of olive green HH long sleeve vests that served me very, very well. Now I have transitioned to Civilian life I decided to equip myself with a couple more vests in Black and White. I think these shirts are nothing short of essential, especially in the current spell of cold weather.
on 30 April 2013
Very comfortable to wear and looks great. Despite its thin material it keeps me warm and I don't need many more layers on top in even the coldest of temperatures. Just as important as warmth it also keeps me dry and even after a long hard cycle ride it is not wet or damp from sweat! Highly recommeded
on 22 September 2010
It doesn't fit that well, particularly at the neck which is too large, it doesn't feel that comfortable, I think the sleeves should be longer and its alleged wicking qualities seem on first impressions to be overrated.

My first Helly Hansen product and probably my last
on 4 May 2013
i love this top, the colour in reality is much better than i could of imagined, and the material is top knotch.
Had some really good photos of me taken in this top, its great for running in and kept me warm even in the snow. great value.
on 5 May 2015
As a user of Lifa Products this proved to be as expected. The sizing was my measurement due to a change in body shape, however at my time life this is to be expected especially as I am a wheelchair user and prefer a comfort fit !!
on 18 December 2014
Good quality, but runs small. I would suggest going a size up from your usual. It wasn't really the overall size I had a problem with, it was the length. It is quite short if you tend to have a longer torso.